The 2017 Philadelphia Eagles are the Super Bowl Champions

Phire

I see some people (not on here, just in general) letting our lack of success following the SB, hatred of Doug, Howie, etc. sour the SB. "It was a fluke!" Don't do that to yourself! So what if it was a "fluke"? Nothing can take away the fact that were champions, and not every champion turns into a dynasty or even consistent contender, unfortunately. Now more than ever, it's important to cling to this memory. I'm not saying you should gloat about it and live in the past like a Cowboys fan, but no harm thinking fondly on a moment I know many of us never though would come. As miserable as we are right now, we won the damn Super Bowl a few years ago. Imagine being a Jets or Vikings fan right now? Got to take what we can get. Don't be complacent with losing just because we won a SB, don't forget to get as angry and as sad as always at awful coaching, execution, or roster building, but don't forget we won the damn Super Bowl either!

Super Bowl Football GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 3

The idea of it being a fluke, and being able to enjoy the Super Bowl win aren't mutually exclusive. 

Basically, the planets aligned, everything went right. And for that, I'm thankful. But we should now be realistic with what we have in front of us. All in all, Carson is a flawed QB who is all-in-all average. He has talent, but for some reason refuses to fix basic issues. Not only that but we have a coaching staff that is stuck in their ways and refuses to evolve and adapt. We don't have the resources to put reasonable bandaids on all the holes of this sinking ship anymore. It may have sailed us to the promise land, but It's time to make a new ship. 

On 9/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Unless you are the Patriots pretty much every SB is a fluke. It is so hard to do. 

Nothing will ever sour this magical season. It is the most fun I have ever had watching professional sports in my life. 

I think my fandom peaked then haha

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2020 at 11:21 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I see some people (not on here, just in general) letting our lack of success following the SB, hatred of Doug, Howie, etc. sour the SB. "It was a fluke!" Don't do that to yourself! So what if it was a "fluke"? Nothing can take away the fact that were champions, and not every champion turns into a dynasty or even consistent contender, unfortunately. Now more than ever, it's important to cling to this memory. I'm not saying you should gloat about it and live in the past like a Cowboys fan, but no harm thinking fondly on a moment I know many of us never though would come. As miserable as we are right now, we won the damn Super Bowl a few years ago. Imagine being a Jets or Vikings fan right now? Got to take what we can get. Don't be complacent with losing just because we won a SB, don't forget to get as angry and as sad as always at awful coaching, execution, or roster building, but don't forget we won the damn Super Bowl either!

Super Bowl Football GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

Give it time pal. You too will be living in the past like a Cowboys fan. When enough time passes, and you've already tasted victory at the highest level, and now you are a steaming pile of dung, you too will be living in the past.

Alas, you know what it is to have loved and lost.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...