National TV projections 2018

pf9

On 2/5/2018 at 9:07 AM, DontTazeMeBro said:

You can go ahead and pencil in Dallas @ Philly for the opener 

Nope.  They don't like doing division rivalry opening games.  It's always a marquee matchup between two non-division conference rivals.  The NFL will not pass up an Eagles/Vikings rematch. 

29 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Nope.  They don't like doing division rivalry opening games.  It's always a marquee matchup between two non-division conference rivals.  The NFL will not pass up an Eagles/Vikings rematch. 

The Vikings aren’t a ratings draw. They’re going to have Brady, Rodgers, Pittsburgh, or Dallas. Dallas is the only option.

Minnesota doesn’t even have a QB under contract right now and the NFCCG was a snoozer 

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

The Vikings aren’t a ratings draw. They’re going to have Brady, Rodgers, Pittsburgh, or Dallas. Dallas is the only option.

Minnesota doesn’t even have a QB under contract right now and the NFCCG was a snoozer 

This is the opening game of the season.  The opening game of the season is going to be played by the Super Bowl winners.  The Super Bowl winners were the Eagles.  The Eagles do not play the Patriots, Packers or Steelers next year.  The game is going to be the Eagles versus the Vikings or Falcons.  It is not going to be against a team that didn't make the playoffs last year.

We can argue it for the next 3 months, but three months from now, once they announce the schedule, I'll be looking forward to the Eagles/Falcons or Eagles/Vikings kicking off the season and you'll be wrong.  :D

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is the opening game of the season.  The opening game of the season is going to be played by the Super Bowl winners.  The Super Bowl winners were the Eagles.  The Eagles do not play the Patriots, Packers or Steelers next year.  The game is going to be the Eagles versus the Vikings or Falcons.  It is not going to be against a team that didn't make the playoffs last year.

We can argue it for the next 3 months, but three months from now, once they announce the schedule, I'll be looking forward to the Eagles/Falcons or Eagles/Vikings kicking off the season and you'll be wrong.  :D

K. But you gotta go all the way back to 2008 to find an opener that didn’t have Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Favre, Pittsburgh, or Dallas. And not making the playoffs didn’t stop them from putting Dallas in the opener in 2012. So I wouldn’t get your hopes up 

K. But you gotta go all the way back to 2008 to find an opener that didn’t have Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Favre, Pittsburgh, or Dallas. And not making the playoffs didn’t stop them from putting Dallas in the opener in 2012. So I wouldn’t get your hopes up 

The Cowboys have opened the season once since the kickoff game became a thing.  Favre never once played a kickoff game since it started.  Five of the last five kickoff games have been against teams that played each other in the playoffs the year before.  The Giants knocked the Cowboys out of playoff competition in the final week of the season in a game that determined the 2011 Division Champions. 

The biggest reason why it's unlikely is because the Cowboys are bound to have plenty of prime time games, and the NFL likes giving other teams prime time slots. 

I knew it was Favre, but for some reason I had forgotten he was a Viking.  I hoped I could convince you you were wrong so I could stop this debate.  However, the reason that game happened was because the Saints had just beaten the Vikings in the playoffs, which is a point in my favor.  Didn't Favre retire before that game was announced?  At the least, there was uncertainty with the Vikings QB situation.  Just like... Now.  :wink:

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I knew it was Favre, but for some reason I had forgotten he was a Viking.  I hoped I could convince you you were wrong so I could stop this debate.  However, the reason that game happened was because the Saints had just beaten the Vikings in the playoffs, which is a point in my favor.  Didn't Favre retire before that game was announced?  At the least, there was uncertainty with the Vikings QB situation.  Just like... Now.  :wink:

No Favre played the whole year until Corey Wooton sacked him and he hit his head on the frozen turf at tc bank field.  The following week Favres consecutive start streak ended.

Archived