Malcolm Butler situation

GSUeagles14

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Because maybe he thought he could go and Belichick watched him in practice and felt he was a liability even though he could play.

Like I can’t claim to know exactly what the issue was. But there’s one thing that makes sense that completely lines up with the one thing about Butler we actually know. And then there’s out of nowhere theories about it

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

He started the company. This is why you see all of those PFF grades appear on screen next to the players when they show the lineup for each team. Coincidentally, you only seen them on games that Collinsworth is scheduled for.

No he didn't. Neil Hornsby started the company in 2006. Years before Collinsworth was even in the picture. He later approached Neil, was interested in what they did and made him an offer for the company. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

The company has been around since 2006.

That might be, but they didn't have any stats on the website from before 2009, IIRC. PFF wasn't well known back then. There were only a few people on here who really talked about it. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

That might be, but they didn't have any stats on the website from before 2009, IIRC. PFF wasn't well known back then. There were only a few people on here who really talked about it. 

They at least have their metrics and grades going all the way back to 2006. I don't know regarding their website history. 

9 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Because maybe he thought he could go and Belichick watched him in practice and felt he was a liability even though he could play.

Like I can’t claim to know exactly what the issue was. But there’s one thing that makes sense that completely lines up with the one thing about Butler we actually know. And then there’s out of nowhere theories about it

But it doesnt make sense. You cant answer any logical question (and theres a lot of them) that would point to this being bs and then say this is the only thing that makes sense. In fact, it make no sense at all. What you can say is I dont know what happened exactly, but theres a lot more reasonable explanations out there than this.

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

They at least have their metrics and grades going all the way back to 2006. I don't know regarding their website history. 

Maybe I'm losing track of the years, but I didn't start posting on FF until 2010 or 2011, and PFF was in its infancy back then. It didn't have much notoriety and didn't have a lot of years of grades. It also didn't have a paywall until 2010 or 2011, IIRC.

I also don't want to make it seem like I have anything personal against PFF. Neil Hornsby is a good guy. He's always been classy during our interactions. I simply disagree with how they grade.

Well im curious to go back and judge Rowe's game but...

Rowe gave up 3 catches for 75 yards and a TD with a pass breakup on 4 targets in just the first quarter. He said after the game "Yeah definitely." when asked if Butler couldve helped them. Rowe also had no clue he was starting until tonight before the game.

This is a bad look for Belly, not that he gives any semblance of two s***s.

I wouldnt be slightly surprised if it was something as simple as Bill hearing something about Butler leaving in free agency or Butler telling teammates that this was his last game with them and Bill just wanted to spite him. Made zero sense.

And it wasnt the flu. If he was under the weather, theyd have put him on a snap count if anything. He'd have been playing some snaps on defense, especially after Chung went out late. But he's feeling under the weather so ill limit him to special teams, which would basically be the equivalent of making a sick person run gassers...

25 minutes ago, lancerman said:

So he's too sick to run even limited snaps in short area coverage but not sick enough to run 60-70 yards chasing down kicks? I dont buy it.

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I personally think they lost the game because of this.

Tbh probably. Patriots needed one more stop to win this and Butler would have helped. 

Better be a good reason. Not gonna speculate. I’m sure the story will come out 

21 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Tbh probably. Patriots needed one more stop to win this and Butler would have helped. 

Better be a good reason. Not gonna speculate. I’m sure the story will come out 

Belichick should be fired for this. He cost us the game and split the locker room because he's an insecure, spiteful control freak.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

If the answer was a simple, he sucks, then he shouldn't have seen an almost 100% snap count during the regular season and the first two playoff games.

Exactly. I'm sorry but there had to be another reason ( not sure off the field this week?), but there's no justification for him being benched the entire game, especially with the game Agholor was having in the slot.

If he had no intentions of playing him, why dress and make him active in the first place? Really odd!

Archived