Post Superb Owl Mock

Joe

There's a whole lotta undiscussed mock here. The point of mocks is to get discussions going, after the first two people voiced their disagreement with the Clark approval the rest was beating a dead horse.

Walk me the through the kid from Boise, notably how crisp are the routes? Seems like head a good set of Senior Bowl practices.

Where do you see Crosby playing?

14 hours ago, Joe said:

Hmm, the last time I checked, we were 17th against the run and couldn't stop the run for most of the season. That starts up front. Clark can't create the piles necessary to stop the run in our front. We drafted him to be both a run stopper and a pass rusher. He can get the push in the pass rush, but he struggles against the run. I'm not looking for Aaron Donald, but we need a guy who is better in the run. PFF can get things wrong too, it's not a perfect system.

Take off the homer glasses...

Take off the homer glasses?  WTH does that mean?  Vea is solid against the run and does offer a pass rush.  I wouldn't draft him to replace Clark, but to add to the DL and either he or Clark could replace Lowry as starter.  As for being a homer, if your thinking Vea is my homer pick, your wrong.  My homer picks in round #1 are Quenton Nelson and Roquan Smith.

18 hours ago, Joe said:

Hmm, the last time I checked, we were 17th against the run and couldn't stop the run for most of the season. That starts up front. Clark can't create the piles necessary to stop the run in our front. We drafted him to be both a run stopper and a pass rusher. He can get the push in the pass rush, but he struggles against the run. I'm not looking for Aaron Donald, but we need a guy who is better in the run. PFF can get things wrong too, it's not a perfect system.

Take off the homer glasses...

If we draft a "pure" run stopper at 14, I'm going to lose my mind.  Our defense hasn't struggled the last two seasons because we weren't good enough in run defense.

Archived