My first attempt at a mock this offseason

Buffalo Fan

First we resign

Kyle Williams 2yr 10m  2nd year is player option we need him back to teach the young kids.

Travis Cadet 2yr 2m I thought he played well though his time was short

Deonte Thompson 3yr 6m played better as season went on

EJ Gaines 5yr 40m Must have to complete our secondary

Preston Brown 3yr 15m I think he will only get better as the talent around him gets better

Leonard Johnson 3yr 3m Nickel corner who we can rely on

Nick O'leary 2yr 3m Played better down the stretch 

Cut Players

QB-Tyrod Taylor Cap savings around 9.5 million time to move on at QB

OLB/DE Jerry Hughes after June 1st so we can split the cap hit 5.8 in 2019 and 7.5 M total savings Last two seasons haven't been his best and with his huge cap hit it's time to move in a new direction.

Trades-  Cordy Glenn to Indy for 3rd round pick we eat his bonus money Indy gets Glenn 3 yr 30 million for a talented Left tackle.

Buffalo trades Philly it's 3rd round pick for Nick Foles QB He is under contract for a few years still kinda young but a super bowl winner is here to show this team how to win.

FA

DT-Star Lotulelei- 5yr 55million this is our big move he is a McDermott's guy who will sure up the run!!

FS- Rafael Bush 1yr 1.5 Milllion just needed depth at S

WR- Albert Wilson 3yr 13 Mill This will be our deep threat!!

DE- Kony Ealy Former draft pick of Bean and McDermott had 15 sacks in 15 starts for Carolina 

Draft-

Round 1 #21- OT Mike McGlinchey ND This kid can step in and start on our OL probably at RT but could be our LT too depending on where the coaches want Dawkins to play.

Round 1 #22- OLB Tremaine Edmunds VT This kid can do it all with freakish size and speed.  He will start from day 1 moving Alexander to the bench as a role player.

Round 2 #53 DT Maurice Hurst Michigan- This kid can start next to Star day 1 but we let him rotate in and out with Kyle

Round 2 #56 RB Sony Michel Georgia - This kid has all the tools to be a great back!!  We let him backup Shady for a year maybe 2 then he will be our every down stud.

Round 3 #67 INDY pick- QB Mason Rudolph OK State-  Kid could be our future Franchise QB big risk/ reward here

Round 3 #94 traded for NIck Foles

Round 4 #117 DE Josh Sweat FSU- I'm thinking we need to add a body on the DE side of the ball and this player fills the bill

Round 5 #149 RG Will Hernandez UTEP- Although I think Miller steps right back in and plays well we need depth on the O line

Round 5 #157 CB Ken Webster Ole Miss-  We need depth that's all

Roster

QB- Foles, Peterman, Rudolph

RB- Shady, Michel, Cadet

FB- Dimarco, Tolbert

TE- Clay, O'Leary, Thomas

WR- Benjamin, Albert, Jones, Thompson, Reilly

RT- McGlinchey, Mills

RG- Miller, Hernandez

C- Groy, Ducasse, Hernandez

LG- Incognito, Ducasse

LT- Dawkins, McDermott

DE- Ealy, Lawson, Yarbrough, Davis

DT- Star, Williams, Hurst, Washington

OLB-Edmunds, Milano, Alexander, Vallejo

MLB- Brown, Alexander

CBs- Gaines, White, Johnson, Webster, Wright

FS- Poyer, Bush

SS- Hyde, Anderson

K- Hauschka

P- Schmidt

LS- Ferguson

Kickoff/Punt returner- Cadet

I liked some good things and some bad things. I do not see Kyle Williams come back, he is leaning more to the retirement process. 

I do not like the resigning Preston brown yes he lead the league in tackles but he isnt the ideal speedy MLB mcdermott wants and I expect him looking for more then 5 mil a year. I also do not see the bills cutting hughes, his sack stats may have dropped but his overall awareness and game play led the bills so letting him go would be a mistake especially at a weak position they are in. Now next year I would be okay with letting him go once they build up the dline. I would also expect to get more then just a 3rd rd pick for a talented LT that can be elite when he is healthy and with the bills eating most of his cap this year they should be looking at a high 2nd rd pick or late 1st rd pick. He is still young and reminds me of Jason Peters which the bills got a late 1st for him from Philly. Also just so you know Nick Oleary is a erfa so he will be given the vet min as he didnt reach the required amount of games on a 53 man roster. Next year I could see extending him while letting clay go. 

I do like the star and wilson addition and bringing ej and leonard back I think those 2 played a massive part on the bills success on d and would hate to lose them both.

I like the edmunds and hurst but those guys are projected to go higher in the draft and dont see edmunds being available after top 15 but if he fell im all for this pick. Hurst is another guy who may be there in the 1st rd but not the 2nd when bills pick. 

Im not a huge fan of foles but after last night I would be okay with this. With that said will Philly let him go for a 3rd rd pick after taking that team to the superbowl when wentz went down on a serious injury? Wentz isn't going to be 100% to go week 1 atleast from what we know now as setbacks can happen so this is a risk that Philly may not want to take and a cheap contract he is on a 3rd rd pick may not be enough to let him go.

Mason Rudolph in the 3rd is great value so if he is there and they do not have a set qb for long term i like this option. 

Overall great read even if I disagree with some things. Good job!

Archived