Nick Foles??????

jetfuel34

I was wondering with all the Cousins talk what about Nock Foles? I personally like Foles over Cousins because he can win in the big game and had 2 better seasons than Cousins plus he is younger too. What is the market value for him? I think Nick will get in the 20-25 mill range. The other thing to think about too is that now Cousins has competition in FA. Lets say one signs with the Browns and one signs with the Broncos that means there would be a massive slide in QB. Could there be trades in front of us? The Bills or Cards might try to trade up but it would cost them a fortune to move up from where they are to jump us. I think Nick Foles winning was a huge plus for the Jets. 

I don’t think getting Nick Foles would be a great option for us. Chances are the Eagles will try to get him in a situation where the next team would commit to him (a la Alex Smith to WAS), and that’s kind of a tough pill to swallow as he’s been inconsistent throughout his career. 

I think Foles would be a great fit for Arizona. They’re a little out of reach for a top QB in the draft, but have an excellent defense and won 5-of-8 games behind Blaine Gabbert and Drew Stanton. I like Bradford here too, but I think the organization would prefer Foles coming off his historic playoff run and cleaner injury history. 

He played a great game last night and had a great post-season. But no. I would not sign Foles over Cousins. And signing Foles doesn't prevent me from going QB in the 1st. 

Foles falls in the Bradford, Keenum, and Bridgewater bracket. Meaning, if we miss out on Cousins, I would be ok (not thrilled..just ok) signing one of those guys to a 1 or 2 year deal. But I would still want us going QB with the 6th pick. 

13 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He played a great game last night and had a great post-season. But no. I would not sign Foles over Cousins. And signing Foles doesn't prevent me from going QB in the 1st. 

Foles falls in the Bradford, Keenum, and Bridgewater bracket. Meaning, if we miss out on Cousins, I would be ok (not thrilled..just ok) signing one of those guys to a 1 or 2 year deal. But I would still want us going QB with the 6th pick. 

Yeah, I don't mind a next thing qb but to get Foles, we will have to give up a good pick. That would make it a strong no.

Yeah unless Jeremy Bates is running the RPO Foles isnt a fit. Good guy, played his absolute balls off on the biggest stage and in the NFC Championship and I hope he gets paid. Most importantly though, I hope the team that decides to throw him money is prepared to run the offense he is good at or it wont work again.

A QB who's shown he's able to play his best when the games really matter, and has beaten the Patriots on the biggest stage? Yeah, he's welcome here as far as I'm concerned.

We need to design a system around his strengths sure, but honestly we should be doing that for any QB. I'd prefer Foles to Bradford, Bridgewater, and Keenum to be honest.

My only real concern is that I don't want to give away a lot to trade for him.

Archived