Duck's Mock Draft 6.0

Da_Ducktator

2 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Barkley isn't falling to four if the Colts stay put. Jim Irsay is way too much of a 'splash' kind of guy to take Bradley Chubb over Saquon Barkley, IMO. So, while it remains possible if the Colts trade out, I feel strongly Barkley will not last past the Colts if they stay at 3.

I obviously feel like Darnold will go high and I personally like him the most of the bunch, but it just seems doubtful he is the top QB off the board. His funky mechanics are going to discourage NFL teams when they have options like Matt Ryan 2.0 (Rosen), a guy with every tool on the planet (Allen), and then a diminutive but uber productive with good arm talent gunslinger (Mayfield).

Then we should go Barkley #1. And pick a QB that is available at #4. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

3 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

You all cried when I said they would take Allen for his tools and Jackson for his ability to create turnovers at corner last week. Now, when I put the best-producing QB and arguably the best secondary prospect in the draft, still unhappy.

I'd be fine with it. I love Mayfield, but I still wouldn't take him over Darnold or Allen.

I'm less happy with Minkah Fitzpatrick, but with Saquon Barkley gone, it makes sense. I still like Derwin James slightly more than Fitzpatrick.

Darnold is the best combination of upside and readiness.

Rosen is the safest IMO.

Mayfield has an elite ceiling and has as good of an upside as anyone in this class.

Allen has insane physical tools but glaring accuracy concerns.

All things considered, I'm taking Darnold, then Rosen, then Mayfield. Then way after those three (all franchise QB's IMO), I'm taking Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson. Both Allen and Jackson are about the same as prospects for me. Allen is a little more NFL-ready, but Jackson has the same kind of upside--he just comes from a crazy gimmicky scheme where Allen comes from a pro style scheme.

So this isn't the worst draft in the world for us. I'd be happy.

30 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Then we should go Barkley #1. And pick a QB that is available at #4. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

No we shouldn't. If you love a QB enough to take him at #4, you love him enough to take him at #1. There is a 0% chance we try to get cute and grab our QB at 4. You can't take the risk regardless of how likely or unlikely it is that our guy slips.

I like all three of the top QB's (Rosen/Darnold/Allen), but we need to pick our favorite and draft him at #1 with no exceptions. Even if their grades are close, we need to trust our gut and get the one we feel is going to be the best.

21 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Serious question, do you understand that the Falcons don't need a first round cornerback?

I was just hoping you were going to stick to your word:

On 1/28/2018 at 3:27 PM, scar988 said:

When you finally decide to put effort into the Falcons picks, I'll comment again. Quit trolling. It's absolutely pointless at this point. Falcons won't go CB in the first.

Just now, scar988 said:

And I'm just hoping for you to make a decent Falcons pick in your mock.

I never said I was going to do that though. You said you weren't going to comment again until I changed the position.

I am fascinated every time at how upset one person can get over a fictional projection by somebody with zero influence on what actually happens.

1 minute ago, Da_Ducktator said:

I never said I was going to do that though. You said you weren't going to comment again until I changed the position.

I am fascinated every time at how upset one person can get over a fictional projection by somebody with zero influence on what actually happens.

And I'm fascinated that every time you make a mock, you insist on putting a position to a team that makes no damn sense. But to each their own.

Archived