The Philly Underdogs

Phire

104959333-eaglesDog.1910x1000.jpg

Every now and then you're reminded of the reasons why we watch sports. In many ways competitive sporting events are a simulation of life. You begin more or less on an even and level playing field tied at zero, although some individuals are more naturally talented and gifted than others. You are confined to a specific set of rules, which, when broken, you are punished for. There are ups and downs, highs and lows. Wins and losses can be pretty or ugly. You sometimes lose what you cannot get back. And through it all, the clock keeps ticking to the final whistle.

There are many lessons the 2017-18 Super Bowl Champion Eagles can teach you. The power of believing in yourself and others. To never blame the guy next to you. To trust in what you know and what you prepare for. To tune out outside negativity. To keep working and never relenting.

And most of all, to never count out an underdog.

THE UNDERDOGS

Jeff Lurie - Is a "Hollywood" guy, who doesn't know anything about football. He's an owner satisfied by mediocrity. He continually botches coaching hires. Makes rash decisions citing false fantasies like "emotional intelligence." He's a Super Bowl Champion.

Howie Roseman - Is not a "football guy." He's a math kid, a numbers man. He has never played the game and doesn't understand what makes a team and its players good. Chip Kelly was right to demote him to the broom closet. He's a Super Bowl Champion.

Doug Pederson - Is the least qualified head coach of all time. This guy didn't even call plays in Kansas City. He only got the job due to Andy Reid's endorsement. He's not smart enough to ever win. He doesn't run the ball enough. He goes for too many 4th downs. What even is "emotional intelligence?" His explanation after Kansas City's loss to the Patriots in the playoffs is an indicator of how dumb he is. He's a Super Bowl Champion.

Jim Schwartz - Sucked with Lions. Doesn't blitz enough. Super Bowl Champion.

Nick Foles - Drafted in the 3rd round by Andy Reid who was flaming out of Philadelphia. Nick "Back Foot" Foles has no accuracy and his mechanics are awful. He's a terrible quarterback and way worse than Sam Bradford. Anything good he has ever done is a complete fluke. He'll never replace Carson Wentz. He's a Super Bowl Champion and Super Bowl MVP.

Carson Wentz - He's a 2nd overall pick who played at North Dakota State University. He can't hit deep passes. His footwork sucks. I'd rather have the haul. He's a Super Bowl Champion.

Jay Ajayi - Has bad knees. Bad teammate. Said something that can be construed into something bad if you really tried. Super Bowl Champ.

LaGarrette Blount - Over the hill. Old. One trick pony. Dances too much. Plays soft. Super Bowl Champ.

Alshon Jeffery - Expensive. Not a #1 WR. Gets no separation. Overpaid. Old. Injury prone. Super Bowl Champ.

Nelson Agholor - Complete bust. Awful hands. Breaks down mentally when things go wrong. Peaked in college. Should be cut. Super Bowl Champ.

Corey Clement - No reason why this kid should make the roster. Average at everything. No speed. No power. No hands. Undrafted. Super Bowl Champ.

Jason Kelce - Small. Gets blown up. Gets beat by nose tackles. Not the same guy. Should be cut. Super Bowl Champ.

Halapoulivaati Vaitai - Long name. Not Jason Peters. Can't ever replace Peters at LT. Just plain sucks. Terrible nickname. Super Bowl Champ.

Brandon Brooks - Nobody knows him. Super Bowl Champ.

Sefan Wisniewski - Journeyman. Super Bowl Champ.

Zach Ertz - No YAC. Never breaks tackles. Soft. Goes down on the slightest contact. Won't ever break out. Super Bowl Champ.

Torrey Smith - Sucks. Wait, this is probably still true. Super Bowl Champ.

Brandon Graham - Short arms. No arm length. A complete bust. Earl Thomas. Torn knee ligament cemented his bust status. Can't make plays. Out of position in the 3-4. Can't ever get sacks. Super Bowl Champ.

Vinny Curry - No outside contain. Too aggressive. Doesn't pass rush. Doesn't stop the run. Super Bowl Champ.

Jalen Mills - Awful. Finger wagger. Show boater. All of these are actually true. Super Bowl Champ. Also true.

Patrick Robinson - Candidate to get cut. Can't cover. Terrible. Getting abused in practice. Super Bowl Champ.

Chris Long - Stopgap. Mercenary. Just bouncing around from team to team. One trick pony. Not in his prime. Super Bowl Champ.

Fletcher Cox - Disappeared in the 3-4. Super Bowl Champ.

Malcolm Jenkins - Saints didn't want him. Super Bowl Champ.

Ronald Darby - Should have kept Jordan Matthews. Super Bowl Champ.

Nigel Bradham - How will he call the defense without Jordan Hicks? Super Bowl Champ.

Rodney McLeod - Sucks. Super Bowl Champ.

Eagles Fans & Philadelphia - Rowdy. Dirty. Aggressive.

Underdogs.

Super Bowl Champions.

And to all my underdog brothers and sisters here...
@ninjapirate @Bednarik60 @EaglesPeteC @nlesthought @jonu62882 @marky_b27 @EagleDeegle @eaglefan5 @eagles26 @Eagles $5$ @eagles18 @Kiltman @BAConrad @baconrad3 @Nabbs4u @RandyMossIsBoss @TheRealMcCoy @RecentFuture @mm6492 @Remixxxxxxx @Iggles @Jroc04 @Poloc2289 @killdawabbit @agholorsdad @Blahman88 @ianlewis16 @Blaaaaaah @thebriguy90 @yellow_jeep @Daimonas @Jlash @MemphisEagles @Jeezla @Hammertime52 @Fitz2k2 @sunnygsm @fly eagles fly @Legend @Voraroux @McNabb2Maclin @McNabbNo5 @furti @utley4568 @BLick12 @RollEagles @Broadway Joe@oland11 @808 @Danger and many others that I can't think of right now...

We did it. All our memes, superstitions, inside jokes, and GDT superstitions have paid off. It has been a fun ride talking Eagles football with all of you here. All I can say is...

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

world fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffiiiiiiiiiinnnnnn CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love this phire (Im outta likes)

It's been a while since I loved an Eagles team quite like this one. Can't say I expected them to come this far, not by any stretch of the imagination. The dream team was a lot of hype but no substance. This team had heart. It's the same kind of draw the Brian Dawkins had for me. Play tough, hard, and with passion. What a year, what a team. 

2 minutes ago, 808 said:

This was the type of post I was eluding to yesterday. Well done brother! 

The Foles avi’s really worked. 

I saw that you tagged me in that post and felt bad. I was so nervous/anxious I had to step away from everything Eagles related and didn't see it until it was too late. Happy to say I'm making this post instead of the "We lost, but I still love this team" thread.

Just now, Phire said:

I saw that you tagged me in that post and felt bad. I was so nervous/anxious I had to step away from everything Eagles related and didn't see it until it was too late. Happy to say I'm making this post instead of the "We lost, but I still love this team" thread.

Word bro, word.

We've all argued and disagreed with each other at some point, even called each other names.  But we do it because we are all passionate lunatics that love the Birds. This is a phenomenal feeling, so happy for everyone.  Hard to believe that it's been about 30 years in my life and 10+ years on this board, but man, all the waiting was totally worth it!

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS BABY

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

Nobody can't take this away from us... We beat the "best" HC and QB to ever did it. We beat the best. It's an amazing feeling. I just love this team.

Wouldn't have wanted to beat anyone else. Revenge for spying on us in 2004. Beat the absolute best QB and HC to ever do it. 
It wouldn't have been the same if we beat Jacksonville.

Archived