Soon to be overpaid free agents?

Scout

You don't win championships by paying players what they're worth (or in this case more). You win by paying players less than they are worth. That's why teams like the Patriots, Ravens, and Sea hawks are among the best teams in free agency (plenty of others). 

I have made a thread about undervalued FA here:

But who is going to be way overpaid this off-season? Landry and Ziggy come to mind. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

If the Eagles cant find a way to trade him, his agent is going to be demanding a new contract. No good to win a SB then to ride the bench next year.

His agent can demand all he wants but if they keep him in Philly as Wentz insurance, there isn’t much he can do except sit out which is a terrible option. I mean, I know if I was in charge in Philly, I ship him to the highest bidder. 

Landry is the best slot in the game. I don’t think he’s going to get “over paid” ...he’s worth it. 

I think Ryan Jensen will be over paid. He was pretty decent with us but he was far from perfect. Plus his attitude will cost you     penalty yards every game. He will probably make top 3 center money off 1 year of production at that position.

Nate Solder, "Ol' Soldering Iron", guy who's been a good foot solder, if not Pro Bowl; the only left tackle available in free-agency:

The $500,000,000 Powerball Jackpot was won by Natie Solder of Foxboro, Mass!

Image result for Nate Solder

7 minutes ago, bzane said:

Nate Solder, "Ol' Soldering Iron", guy who's been a good foot solder, if not Pro Bowl; the only left tackle available in free-agency:

The $500,000,000 Powerball Jackpot was won by Natie Solder of Foxboro, Mass!

Image result for Nate Solder

I'd overpay for him in a heartbeat.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

If the Eagles cant find a way to trade him, his agent is going to be demanding a new contract. No good to win a SB then to ride the bench next year.

He may actually not. Foles' contract has a weird clause. If he's with the Eagles it's year 2 of a 2 year contract and it's over when the new league year starts in 2019. However if he's on any other team, it's got 3 more years added onto it. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/nick-foles-9898/

Now if a team were so inclined to pay him more then I don't think he'd decline.

3 hours ago, Ketchup said:

His agent can demand all he wants but if they keep him in Philly as Wentz insurance, there isn’t much he can do except sit out which is a terrible option. I mean, I know if I was in charge in Philly, I ship him to the highest bidder. 

I ship him off to the best offer for a winning team that Nick wants to go to. Essentially give him an unofficial no trade clause. He just won us a Super Bowl, lets do right by him.

3 hours ago, Ballimore said:

Landry is the best slot in the game. I don’t think he’s going to get “over paid” ...he’s worth it. 

I think Ryan Jensen will be over paid. He was pretty decent with us but he was far from perfect. Plus his attitude will cost you     penalty yards every game. He will probably make top 3 center money off 1 year of production at that position.

Landry is a very talented slot WR but when the next highest paid guy is making millions less than what you're reportedly asking for, you're going to be overpaid.

Archived