Soon to be overpaid free agents?

Scout

I think Ansah is going to be the most overpaid free agent in a very long time.  He had 12 sacks this year, but he had 3 games with 3 sacks against the Giants, Bengals and Packers.  That means that in 13 games, he totaled 3 sacks.  He just wasn't good this year, but he's going to get paid like he was. 

2 hours ago, common reactor said:

For the kind of money Glennon got last offseason, Teddy should.

Which means he's overpaid. I don't understand how a player can be two years removed from playing and was below average to start with, and still get a $10-$15m contract. But that is the NFL we are in at the QB position. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think Ansah is going to be the most overpaid free agent in a very long time.  He had 12 sacks this year, but he had 3 games with 3 sacks against the Giants, Bengals and Packers.  That means that in 13 games, he totaled 3 sacks.  He just wasn't good this year, but he's going to get paid like he was. 

Been saying this in the 49er forum forever. His stats were completely hollow this year. Look impressive on the surface, but nothing underneath. Plus, he has all these nagging injuries which would concern me because they are not the type to go away. 

7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

If the Eagles cant find a way to trade him, his agent is going to be demanding a new contract. No good to win a SB then to ride the bench next year.

Foles is a Christian man, he wont make a big deal out of it. 

19 hours ago, Ballimore said:

Landry is the best slot in the game. I don’t think he’s going to get “over paid” ...he’s worth it.

Don't let his production numbers, which are force fed underneath by means of the offensive scheme and also a QB security blanket, fool you into believing he's the best. He's a top slot, but there are better, more well-rounded players for the position - Doug Baldwin, Adam Thielen, Golden Tate, and even the ageless Larry Fitzgerald. Landry is most certainly not worth the amount of money he is commanding.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:29 AM, Carmen Cygni said:

Don't let his production numbers, which are force fed underneath by means of the offensive scheme and also a QB security blanket, fool you into believing he's the best. He's a top slot, but there are better, more well-rounded players for the position - Doug Baldwin, Adam Thielen, Golden Tate, and even the ageless Larry Fitzgerald. Landry is most certainly not worth the amount of money he is commanding.

This.

If I’m paying top dollar for a WR they need to win 1:1 on the outside consistently, not be schemed open in the slot.

Landry is a solid WR, but I believe he’s gonna be massively overpaid.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't really think a QB can be overpaid.  It's such a valuable position and if the guy gives you a chance to make the postseason, he's worth it.

Cousins might get 28-30 now if Jimmy got 27 mil.

I think qbs are getting way to much bread . There important but man there salary increasing dramatically .

Archived