Greg Schiano expected to become DC

everlong

This would seem to suggest Belichick is not leaving :D

Hopefully this is a short term thing to mentor Flores and get him some experience before throwing him into the fire.  Wonder if we will do the same on the offensive side of the ball.  Charlie is unemployed...

4 minutes ago, everlong said:

His schtick is tailor made for college, not the NFL.

I guess we will see.  It can’t get much worse than last night.  Anyway sounds like he may be more of an Assistanr HC with Flores as the primary play caller.  I’m fine with Belichick wanting some experience and someone he can trust given the two big departures. 

I can't believe the comments on this guy Schiano. None of you know a dam thing about him. You  read some sports writers or guys on TV and you take it as gospel. Well I read he had players in TB go behind his back and complained. he was to hard. Management agreed with the players. So who's right WE don't know.

What I believe is the greatest coach ever thinks that this guy is a good coach. I don't give a crap what I have read or heard from the Felgers of the world.

On 2/5/2018 at 7:44 PM, m haynes said:

I can't believe the comments on this guy Schiano. None of you know a dam thing about him. You  read some sports writers or guys on TV and you take it as gospel. Well I read he had players in TB go behind his back and complained. he was to hard. Management agreed with the players. So who's right WE don't know.

What I believe is the greatest coach ever thinks that this guy is a good coach. I don't give a crap what I have read or heard from the Felgers of the world.

Belichick isn't faultless. I trust his judgement, but from what most have seen of Schiano, there's not much warranted optimism regarding his place in the NFL.

Sure, we could all hop on the "we don't know enough, trust the professionals" fallacy, but not only does that very often not hold water, but it also kills any and all discussion.

12 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Belichick isn't faultless. I trust his judgement, but from what most have seen of Schiano, there's not much warranted optimism regarding his place in the NFL.

We've never seen him as an NFL DC though.  There are plenty of good defensive coordinators who have struggled as head coaches and he's been one of the best DCs in college football the last few years.  I think people should give him a chance.

So apparently he runs a 1 gap Tampa 2 shell and makes use of athletic linebackers to make plays, occasionally he brings a 5 rusher. Well, that’s definitely very different than what we have seen the last couple of years. I am honestly ready for a more aggressive style of defense, we let a lot teams hang around. But at the end of the day the scheme is only as good as the players so we need to get a lot more athletic on that front 7.

5 hours ago, mission27 said:

We've never seen him as an NFL DC though.  There are plenty of good defensive coordinators who have struggled as head coaches and he's been one of the best DCs in college football the last few years.  I think people should give him a chance.

You’re right, we haven’t seen him as an NFL DC. We have seen him as an NFL HC though, and he’s received a ton of less-than-stellar reviews from both players and coaches. Sure, maybe he’d be alright as a ‘yes man’ under Belichick, but even then it’s not like his defenses were anything special. The guy had Revis and Goldson playing in a cover 2 zone.

But it’s moot now, since he won’t be here. Hallelujah.

Archived