Is This Speaking On Someone's Behalf?

the lone star

Is This Speaking On Someone's Behalf?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is What I Just Described Enough To Say I Spoke On Another's Behalf?

So long story short, in my fantasy football league, a rule was written in such a way that I and at least two other people interpreted it differently from the way the commissioner intended it to be read. I wrote an email to the commissioner explaining how we interpreted it, but he got very angry (extremely short temper) and told me that I do not speak for other people, so I should not presume to.

I did not specifically name the people who interpreted it differently, and I know they saw it my way because we all had discussions about it.

Given this set of facts, have I actually spoken on anyone's behalf?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nah, the other ball bag who agreed with you but was too afraid to voice his opinion about fantasy sports.

I can see that. But I guess I should have written that part out a little more. Although he agreed with me, he didn't feel compelled enough to say anything because regardless of how we interpreted it, he lost his player. So I think he was just upset about his own mismanagement, then the actual technical side of the rule.

This was a dynasty FAAB league, so as I'm sure you know, it gets pretty complicated. I just don't have the time or resources to explain it all.

The dude's a pretty cool guy, just got salty about losing the player, and he has a close family member in the hospital with a rare form of bone cancer, so his attention was needed elsewhere. Kinda surprised he didn't leave the league to focus on that tbh. Of course, had I known about the issue with the family member beforehand, I probably wouldn't have even touched his player, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/5/2018 at 12:04 PM, the lone star said:

So long story short, in my fantasy football league, a rule was written in such a way that I and at least two other people interpreted it differently from the way the commissioner intended it to be read. I wrote an email to the commissioner explaining how we interpreted it, but he got very angry (extremely short temper) and told me that I do not speak for other people, so I should not presume to.

I did not specifically name the people who interpreted it differently, and I know they saw it my way because we all had discussions about it.

Given this set of facts, have I actually spoken on anyone's behalf?

@Outpost31 can relate to this.

• Like 4