Da Mock #1 first three rounds + trades

Cory Longville

I like the new mans FA signings, getting a CB in he FA market would be a great move. Qur biggest needs in the offseason is QB,WR, RB, & OT. I am very skeptical that Cousins will sign with the Jets, if he doesn't sign with us it is not the end of the world. We still have PLAN B with will not take affect till after the first two picks in the draft by the Browns & Giants, Plan B will be a last minute move on draft day. As of today nothing is guarantee for us.. The first two picks in the draft are the key, if for some reason the Giants don't take a QB with the second pick in the draft every thing changes, then there is a real good chance a QB could fall to us at six. Then there is the worry some other team will try to jump us in the draft. After watching the SB you saw the new NFL, no defensive all offensive over 1100 yards in offensive, receivers running wide open all game long, it was a joke. We have to become part of the joke by building a powerful offensive.

Welcome aboard Cory, we need new blood on this board, the old ideas are getting stale

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Not a fan of Cousins. I think he will be around average to above and that is not what I want. I would rather take a chance in the draft or get Foles a lot cheaper. I think Foles can be had for a 4th round pick. 

If the Eagles decide to trade Nick Foles I doubt it would be for anything less than a 2nd. The insurance of having a back up quarterback with his credentials is more valuable than a 4th round pick 

I am not a huge fan of signing Cousins, but it seems like there is a decent chance that it happens so it makes sense to mock it that way.  I like getting Ridley, I think he was being held back by that Bama offense.  

If we sign a LT what happens to Beachum, we are locked into him again next year, do we move him to RT?

Not a fan at all of Josh Adams, I think there are far superior RB's that can be had around that spot in the draft. 

I think a competition between Beachum and Shell would be the best way to handle RT if we address the LT position in free agency. And I have to disagree with you on Adams I like what I saw this year. Notre Dame had a poor passing attack and teams were packing the box and he was still very productive.

4 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I am not a huge fan of signing Cousins, but it seems like there is a decent chance that it happens so it makes sense to mock it that way.  I like getting Ridley, I think he was being held back by that Bama offense.  

If we sign a LT what happens to Beachum, we are locked into him again next year, do we move him to RT?

Not a fan at all of Josh Adams, I think there are far superior RB's that can be had around that spot in the draft. 

Beachum is only guaranteed 1.5mill next season 

2 hours ago, Cory Longville said:

I think a competition between Beachum and Shell would be the best way to handle RT if we address the LT position in free agency. And I have to disagree with you on Adams I like what I saw this year. Notre Dame had a poor passing attack and teams were packing the box and he was still very productive.

Beachum was good and James played RT for Miami not LT. Our problem isnt our OTs It's our interior OL.

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Beachum was good and James played RT for Miami not LT. Our problem isnt our OTs It's our interior OL.

Valid points. So the solution that makes more sense would be Beachum stays at LT James plays RT and Shell, Carpenter and Winters compete for the two guards spots.  That combined with the addition of Richburg would create a more impactful OLine 

1 hour ago, Cory Longville said:

Valid points. So the solution that makes more sense would be Beachum stays at LT James plays RT and Shell, Carpenter and Winters compete for the two guards spots.  That combined with the addition of Richburg would create a more impactful OLine 

The thing is is that we are switching to a full ZBS Under Bates/Dennison which Carp and Winters both struggled mightily when they played in that scheme and I would rather just keep Shell at RT, When healthy he's been very good and would rather spend the money you have us throwing at James to a Guy like Zach Fulton is a good LG and has experience playing C which helps when you look at Richburgs injury history.

8 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

The thing is is that we are switching to a full ZBS Under Bates/Dennison which Carp and Winters both struggled mightily when they played in that scheme and I would rather just keep Shell at RT, When healthy he's been very good and would rather spend the money you have us throwing at James to a Guy like Zach Fulton is a good LG and has experience playing C which helps when you look at Richburgs injury history.

I hadnt thought much about the Bates/ Dennison effect. It sure makes the extension Macc gave Winters last offseason look stupid. 

Archived