What would a SB mean to you?

deeluxx3

Simple question

Every year when I see a new champion crowned, regardless of who it is, I get a little teary eyed seeing the celebration. I have a dear friend who's a huge Eagles fan, and I was just so happy for him.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't have my priorities straight, but this team is basically my everything. I love my family. I love my girlfriend. I love my friends. I love the Tennessee Titans. I hate my job. I don't have many hobbies. The Titans are one of my very few passions and loves.

All I want...all I dream about...is winning a Super Bowl. There is nothing more in the world that I want more than a Titans Super Bowl victory. To see the clock hit 00:00 with our guys on top...two tone blue confetti pouring on the field as tears fill Marcus' eyes (yea, I said it! he's going to take us ALL THE WAY!!)...I get chills just thinking about it. I ache for this team. I breath for this team!! I need to know what it's like to be on top of the sporting world...to have something so precious that nobody could ever take away from us.

Seeing a guy like Bradley Cooper love his team so much makes you realize just what sports -- and teams -- mean to people. Bradley Cooper has everything...movie star, hot chicks, ton of money...but all he wanted was an Eagles ring. I am a lot like Bradley Cooper in a lot of ways. I know that when it happens I'll just break down crying. Sobbing!!! But I just can't wait.

A SB would mean everything to me. I sound spoiled saying I got to see 3 Red Sox WS Championships 1 Boston Bruins and 1 Celtic Championship but I really so bad want the Titans to take home a SB. 

I follow Football all year round more than I do every other sport. I dream about this team and don’t dream about the others. I get absolutely furious over bad losses and celebrate more to the Titans wins than I do with the other 3. When the Titans lose it eats me up all week and when we win the weeks go by slow because I’m excited for the next game.

I live in a city that has the greatest coach an QB of all time and they are a bunch of spoiled @ss fans that take everything for granted. I would love for once to be able to enjoy a SB win when I’m young enough to enjoy it. I want to be able to watch it over and over again for years to come . I want everything that comes with it the following year where they do the America’s Game on us and go behind the scenes with all the stuff that lead to the win. I want the banner dropped the oppening game and just all the memorabilia.

I know teams like the Bills Jags Browns Lions and who ever else have the same wants as us but I’m a Titans fan I want us to win I want Marcus to be the guy that does it because he’s a tremendous role model for any young Titans fan and deserves to be the face of our franchise and the guy that leaves his stamp on that winning team

When I was younger probably everything.

Now? eh. I still love football, and seeing the Titans win a superbowl would be fantastic, but I'm just no where near as emotional/invested in football as I used to be, but I guess that's part of getting older. Used to a Titans or Vols win/loss would make/ruin my week. Now if they win I'm happy about it for a few minutes then generally move on, if they lose I'm disappointed for a few minutes then move on. A lot of Titans fans I know(both on here, other forums, real life, etc) were so ecstatic over beating KC in the wild card round and while I enjoyed it, it meant practically nothing compared to what the 2003 wildcard win over Baltimore meant to me when I was much younger. Obviously can't say for sure until it happens, but I kinda figure it'll be pretty underwhelming compared to what I expected it would feel like growing up.

I’ll be 26 this year but it would still mean everything to me.  Been a fan for about 18 years now and this franchise has mostly been a underwelming franchise. Winning the SuperBowl to me is the pinnacle of all sports. I’ve been National Championships with U of Miami, World Series with the Cardinals, Stanley Cups with the Red Wings, and NBA Championships with the Lakers. To me, those other sports titles still wouldn’t equal a SuperBowl. Maybe I’ve been spoiled with so many by my other teams that winning that one by my favorite pro football team just would mean that much more. It’s the only favorite team of mine without a title. Professional football has always been my favorite sport to watch(for the most part) so a SuperBowl just would mean that much more.

Yeah it would mean everything. I've been emotionally invested in this team for the majority of my life. I've grown up with them. I've watched our games every week with my family, watched every draft with hope for the future, and gone through all the highs and the lows with this team. It means more than just my favorite team winning a Championship. There's special memories for me attached to this team. Through all the uncertainties of life this team has been one constant thing in my life. The games are an escape from the stresses of every day life. For those 3 hours every Sunday win or lose all my worries wash away. That's something that's just invaluable to me. That's why when people always threaten to find a new team when we struggle I just can't bring myself to do it, and I'll never be able to. It might sound silly to a lot of people, but this team has felt like an extension of my family for the past 18 years.  Bringing the Lombardi back to Nashville would definitely rank in the top 5 best moments of my life.

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

When I was younger probably everything.

Now? eh. I still love football, and seeing the Titans win a superbowl would be fantastic, but I'm just no where near as emotional/invested in football as I used to be, but I guess that's part of getting older. Used to a Titans or Vols win/loss would make/ruin my week. Now if they win I'm happy about it for a few minutes then generally move on, if they lose I'm disappointed for a few minutes then move on. A lot of Titans fans I know(both on here, other forums, real life, etc) were so ecstatic over beating KC in the wild card round and while I enjoyed it, it meant practically nothing compared to what the 2003 wildcard win over Baltimore meant to me when I was much younger. Obviously can't say for sure until it happens, but I kinda figure it'll be pretty underwhelming compared to what I expected it would feel like growing up.

Same here. Before I moved abroad, I'd likely have slain a goat or 3 for a victory in the SB. Now, I'd still be ecstatic, but then be over it after a day or so. Being so unattached to the sports world over here, the Titans especially (outside this board), makes it tough to continue having the same emotional attachment.

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

Yeah it would mean everything. I've been emotionally invested in this team for the majority of my life. I've grown up with them. I've watched our games every week with my family, watched every draft with hope for the future, and gone through all the highs and the lows with this team. It means more than just my favorite team winning a Championship. There's special memories for me attached to this team. Through all the uncertainties of life this team has been one constant thing in my life. The games are an escape from the stresses of every day life. For those 3 hours every Sunday win or lose all my worries wash away. That's something that's just invaluable to me. That's why when people always threaten to find a new team when we struggle I just can't bring myself to do it, and I'll never be able to. It might sound silly to a lot of people, but this team has felt like an extension of my family for the past 18 years.  Bringing the Lombardi back to Nashville would definitely rank in the top 5 best moments of my life.

That's beautiful man and exactly how I feel. And that's what's so great about sports, they can be a bit of an escape from reality and give you a greater good to latch onto and support.

right now I'm going through some bad times with my job and boss. The Titans give me an outlet, even in the offseason, so I don't get completely consumed with the nightmare that I live from 9a-6p. 

The hope that comes with loving a team keeps you going. When you see guys like Bradley Cooper, Kevin Hart, Jim Cramer...guys who seemingly "have it all", for all intents and purposes...breaking down and crying over the Eagles winning just goes to show what being part of a fanhood means to people in their everyday lives. It's weird and hard to explain, but I'm happy that I have the gene that let's me attach so much to this team. While there are more important things going on in the world than who wins a football game...the joy that comes from watching your team succeed is something that I just can't find anywhere else

Tears. Hours and hours worth of tears. Titans, Bucks, Brewers, Badgers. I'm 27 years old and have never seen a team I root for win a championship. Outside of the Titans/Rams SB, when I was nine years old and had only been a fan for a year, the Badgers basketball team is the closest I've ever come, and realistically, they're probably my fifth favorite sports team. So yeah, I'd totally break down.

38 years old. Seeing this team be nomads...unwanted guys in Houston. Watching them practice in Bellevue.  Seeing the city embrace them as the Titans that first year. Seeing the city love this team when they went to Super Bowl.

Seeing how all the analyst always write us off. 

Season after season of coming here with all ya'll. Arguing about who to draft, play calls, FAs...being as close to the team as we can without being a part of the team. Being invested in all 53 of those players....
I don't know if I'd cry. But I don't know if I could be happier for anything that I in reality have no part in than a Super Bowl win.  

It would be awesome.  

It wouldn’t mean “everything” like it would have when I was a kid (@TitanLegend pretty much nailed my feelings to a T), but it would undoubtedly be a great feeling. I’m 26 and not near as emotionally invested as I once was, but I would still probably ride the high for a solid week. 

On 2/5/2018 at 6:35 PM, titans0021 said:

Tears. Hours and hours worth of tears. Titans, Bucks, Brewers, Badgers. I'm 27 years old and have never seen a team I root for win a championship. Outside of the Titans/Rams SB, when I was nine years old and had only been a fan for a year, the Badgers basketball team is the closest I've ever come, and realistically, they're probably my fifth favorite sports team. So yeah, I'd totally break down.

It always stuns me that there's someone else with that same list of favorite teams.  

Archived