Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

4 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

*this is strictly for a bench spot* (insurance for injuries or flex based on matchups).

should I drop frank gore or martavis Bryant for Elijah McGuire? Starters are Michael Thomas/diggs and hunt/Gordon 

I'm not a fan of Bryant, but there's actually upside and potential though. So I wouldn't do that. If Gore is just sitting on your bench, I don't have an issue with that. His upside is like an 11 point game. Just nothing there. And I have to believe that Mack starts eating into his carries at some point. 

^^that was my thinking as well, gore is just one of those guys that seems like he’ll give you a solid 8-10 if needed though. But like I said, I agree. 

Bryant would just be selling super low right now. Just no faith putting him in my lineup tho at this point

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but when would be an ideal time to look into Andrew Luck? He was just dropped in my league and he looks to be a week or so away from finally hitting the field.

QBs are worth a tad more in my league as we have 6 pt passing TDs. I have Cousins (starter) who just had his bye week and Philip Rivers who has been hot/cold as usual. Was thinking of dropping Rivers for Luck soon. Other than his upcoming matchup with NE, Rivers' schedule going forward is pretty tough (bye week thrown in there as well).

Thoughts? Might be a good general fantasy topic.

9 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but when would be an ideal time to look into Andrew Luck? He was just dropped in my league and he looks to be a week or so away from finally hitting the field.

QBs are worth a tad more in my league as we have 6 pt passing TDs. I have Cousins (starter) who just had his bye week and Philip Rivers who has been hot/cold as usual. Was thinking of dropping Rivers for Luck soon. Other than his upcoming matchup with NE, Rivers' schedule going forward is pretty tough (bye week thrown in there as well).

Thoughts? Might be a good general fantasy topic.

I expect him back in week 7...that was what I heard initially on one of the podcasts, but I haven't heard anything about how he's progressing. But honestly, luck's offensive line is bad, that schedule sucks. If he comes back in week 7, he has: Jacksonville twice. Denver. Baltimore. Buffalo on the road. Pitt (only 3 passing tds allowed this season, I believe). Cincinnati and Houston could be okay, but he'll still be pretty fresh back, and both games are on the road. I'd give Luck the start in week 9 (Cousins is playing Seattle, Rivers on the bye), but I'd start Cousins in week 8 over Luck against the Bengals. then the only other really promising game in my opinion is Tennessee. Cousins is playing New York, which isn't as good of a matchup.  So I'm only picking up Luck as trade bait and a potential starter for those two games. IF you're doing that, you can drop Rivers now and grab luck just to make sure that you have him. You aren't starting Rivers between now and week 9, I would think (Cousins has 49ers, Eagles and Dallas in that time period). 

I just picked up Alfred Morris as soon as the Zeke news dropped, and dropped Fat Rob Kelley to grab him. Was that rash? Morris is more of a lottery ticket but Kelley just seems so meh, and he's not even healthy this week when I could have used him so I couldn't drop McGuire over him. 

32 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I just picked up Alfred Morris as soon as the Zeke news dropped, and dropped Fat Rob Kelley to grab him. Was that rash? Morris is more of a lottery ticket but Kelley just seems so meh, and he's not even healthy this week when I could have used him so I couldn't drop McGuire over him. 

Did the same. And dropped Eli for McFadden in case he is the guy.

35 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Truthfully? Maybe a little. But only because i'm not 100% certain that Morris is the guy with Zeke gone. I still have this weird suspicion that we are going to see a lot of McFadden. Kelly is basically the guy in Washington, he just needs to get healthy. I'm not sure if that's going to happen, but that's quite a bit of upside there as a #1 back. I mean, I went after McFadden, but I only dropped Charcandrick West for him (had him as a handcuff for Hunt). Next week I may pick up West again and drop Matt Breida. 

FWIW, for those trying to make trade decisions based on who will be the guy with Zeke out:

McFadden had been the No. 2 back throughout training camp and the preseason, but the Cowboys made him inactive Sunday and instead had Alfred Morris behind Elliott.

Last week in practice, the Cowboys were getting Alfred Morris ready to start if Elliott had been suspended. Instead, Elliott had his six-game suspension blocked by an injunction order.

"We were preparing Alfred before the thing with Zeke came final for the week," Linehan said. "He had taken a lot of reps with the first group to be honest with you, and we felt like he had earned that at that point.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/09/14/offensive-coordinator-scott-linehan-explains-cowboys-went-rb-alfred-morris-darren-mcfadden

26 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Drop Rawls or Fat Rob to stash either Corey Davis or Greg Olsen?

My RBs: Ajayi, Abdullah, Kamara, Stewart, Collins, and Mack

WRs: Nuk, DT, and Sanu

TE: ASJ

0.5 PPR

Drop Rawls for Davis for sure. Olsen / Robb...eh...give that a little more time. See what ASJ does, whether or not Kelly comes back. If you miss out on him, I don't think it's that big of a deal. 

My Pierre Garcon for Andre Ellington trade finally went through

My 2-3, .5 PPR big-money team is currently looking like:

(12 Team League)

QB: Jameis Winston

RB: Mark Ingram / Mike Gillislee / Tarik Cohen / Rex Burkhead

RB: Andre Ellington / Ameer Abdullah / Jon Stewart / Dion Lewis

WR: Jordy Nelson / Jamison Crowder

WR: Michael Thomas

TE: Hunter Henry

FLEX: Chris Hogan

K: Wil Lutz

D: Atlanta

Two separate questions- both for the same league. PPR, 7pts per TD for all players:

- I have guys on bye- would you start Taylor Gabriel or Ricardo Louis?

-Secondly, out of these 5 RBs- picks 3 to play (Lamar Miller, Alvin Kamara, Elijah McGuire, Chris Thompson, Tevin Coleman)

Archived