Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

9 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thoughts on Pryor in a ppr league? what round would you pick him?

feel like he has great upside. will probably finish 2nd or 3rd in catches behind Crowder/Reed, but with good yardage totals. 10+ TDs definite possibility. if he's there in the 4th he's a very good pick 

Looking at average ADP there seems to be about 15-16 stud players before we hit the guys with question marks.  Of the next group of guys at both RB/WR give me two guys who you think will exceed there ADP and two who will underachieve.  There 2nd tier guys seem to be.

RB - Fournette, Gurley, Lynch, Miller, Crowell, Mixon, Ware, Montgomery

WR - Cooper, Baldwin, Hopkins, Cooks, Pryor, Thomas, Watkins, Jeffrey, Robinson

Obviously things are fluid with TC just getting underway and no preseason games but who do you like/dislike from this 2nd tier?

My early RB likes are - Lynch and Montgomery from that group.  I like Ware 3rd.  Both Lynch and Montgomery look like they could be in for big seasons.

Dislikes are - Fournette, Mixon with Gurley a close 3rd.  

At WR my likes are - Hopkins, Pryor with Baldwin/Watkins a tie for 3rd.  WR seems to be tough this year in this area but I like Hopkins to bounce back and Pryor has a solid QB to work with.

Dislikes are - Cooks, Thomas with Jeffrey a close 3rd

How do your rankings shake out?

2 hours ago, persiandud said:

feel like he has great upside. will probably finish 2nd or 3rd in catches behind Crowder/Reed, but with good yardage totals. 10+ TDs definite possibility. if he's there in the 4th he's a very good pick 

Thanks man! I pick 10/12 in my league so that's a late fourth round pick. I wouldn't mind taking a shot.

2 hours ago, persiandud said:

I like Pryor as well.  Reed always has that injury concern lingering so if he misses a few games Pryor's targets just go way up.  Cousins is a stable QB and Pryor is a redzone target so that helps as well.  With their inability to run the ball Was is going to sling it.  His ADP is mid to late third in 12 team leagues and I'd have no hesitation to draft him there.  If he's there in round 4 you should be thrilled.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I like Pryor as well.  Reed always has that injury concern lingering so if he misses a few games Pryor's targets just go way up.  Cousins is a stable QB and Pryor is a redzone target so that helps as well.  With their inability to run the ball Was is going to sling it.  His ADP is mid to late third in 12 team leagues and I'd have no hesitation to draft him there.  If he's there in round 4 you should be thrilled.

It would be a bit disappointing if he isn't able to improve on last year's number. He played with 6 different qbs? 

11 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thoughts on Pryor in a ppr league? what round would you pick him?

Probably 4th for me.  I think he has serious top 12 potential.  The Redskins are having to replace 216 targets that departed (DJax, Garcon), and Pryor is going to be the biggest beneficiary of that.  Doctson and Reed will pick up some, but the latter is already hurt, and will likely be hurt again.

1 hour ago, keysersoze3421 said:

Probably 4th for me.  I think he has serious top 12 potential.  The Redskins are having to replace 216 targets that departed (DJax, Garcon), and Pryor is going to be the biggest beneficiary of that.  Doctson and Reed will pick up some, but the latter is already hurt, and will likely be hurt again.

Crowder is going to be the biggest beneficiary of those lost targets. If he's healthy he's leading that team in catches, and has an outside chance to lead the league in that category. I'd be snatching him up in every PPR format before it's too late 

12 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Looking at average ADP there seems to be about 15-16 stud players before we hit the guys with question marks.  Of the next group of guys at both RB/WR give me two guys who you think will exceed there ADP and two who will underachieve.  There 2nd tier guys seem to be.

RB - Fournette, Gurley, Lynch, Miller, Crowell, Mixon, Ware, Montgomery

WR - Cooper, Baldwin, Hopkins, Cooks, Pryor, Thomas, Watkins, Jeffrey, Robinson

Obviously things are fluid with TC just getting underway and no preseason games but who do you like/dislike from this 2nd tier?

My early RB likes are - Lynch and Montgomery from that group.  I like Ware 3rd.  Both Lynch and Montgomery look like they could be in for big seasons.

Dislikes are - Fournette, Mixon with Gurley a close 3rd.  

At WR my likes are - Hopkins, Pryor with Baldwin/Watkins a tie for 3rd.  WR seems to be tough this year in this area but I like Hopkins to bounce back and Pryor has a solid QB to work with.

Dislikes are - Cooks, Thomas with Jeffrey a close 3rd

How do your rankings shake out?

Assuming you're in standard, I'd rank the RBs: Fournette, Gurley, Miller, Mixon, Crowell, Ware, Lynch, Montgomery

WRs I don't like any of those guys, but: Pryor, Thomas, Cooks, Baldwin, Cooper, Hopkins, Watkins, Jeffrey, Robinson

2 hours ago, keysersoze3421 said:

Assuming you're in standard, I'd rank the RBs: Fournette, Gurley, Miller, Mixon, Crowell, Ware, Lynch, Montgomery

WRs I don't like any of those guys, but: Pryor, Thomas, Cooks, Baldwin, Cooper, Hopkins, Watkins, Jeffrey, Robinson

We are in agreement with the WR's, I'm not a big fan of them either.  I do think Hopkins could bounce back though and outside of Pryor who should be solid the rest are really major questions.

At RB I'm very surprised at your rankings, I think your last 4 are all going to be better than the first 4 so we are completely different.  Fournette is a wild card but that O-line is really bad same with Gurley who will see 8 man fronts again.  Miller's lack of TD's scare me and he may lose touches on the goal line now.  As for the others Crowell should carry the load in CLE and has a stellar O-line, Ware will split touches but KC loves to run so that's just fine for him, Lynch is in a great situation and should score a ton of TD's with a solid O-line and Montgomery should be the do it all RB in a good offense.  Why so high on Fournette/Gurley?

My league is .5 ppr but even standard scoring it doesn't change my thoughts on those guys.

My default is PPR, so I had to change my rankings around a little bit.  You can see from my tiers that my order is very different when I am accounting for PPR.  I'm a fan of Fournette and Gurley from talent perspectives, and I did list Fournette first before hearing about Branden Albert retiring.  I was excited about that line, but now not as much so.  Gurley's biggest downside for me is involvement in the passing game.  With the additions of Andrew Whitworth and John Sullivan, I'm much more optimistic about the Rams' line.  Both those guys and Miller have predictable workloads, and volume gets RBs pretty far in standard leagues.  Montgomery is of more value in PPR leagues.  He's probably not going to carry the ball 20 times per game.  

I am okay with all these guys as RB2s except for Lynch.  He's an old RB who's being way overhyped.  He looked finished in 2015.  He may fall into some TDs, but DeAndre Washington looks to be a superior back at this point in their careers.

Choose 3 keepers:

Devonta Freeman ( a keeper for a 13th round pick), Michael Thomas ( a keeper for a 7th rounder),  Martavis Bryant (Keeper for an 8th rounder), and Kelvin Benjamin (keeper for a 10th rounder).

The first two are a lock but I can't decide between Bryant and Benjamin. Benjamin has better value with a later round pick and a safer pick,  but I see more upside in Bryant although trusting him to stay our of trouble is hard. 

1 minute ago, Sapo28 said:

Choose 3 keepers:

Devonta Freeman ( a keeper for a 13th round pick), Michael Thomas ( a keeper for a 7th rounder),  Martavis Bryant (Keeper for an 8th rounder), and Kelvin Benjamin (keeper for a 10th rounder).

The first two are a lock but I can't decide between Bryant and Benjamin. Benjamin has better value with a later round pick and a safer pick,  but I see more upside in Bryant although trusting him to stay our of trouble is hard. 

Think I would gamble on the upside of Bryant.  Hold off on deciding until closer to the season if you can.

Just now, keysersoze3421 said:

Think I would gamble on the upside of Bryant.  Hold off on deciding until closer to the season if you can.

We hold our draft very early. My deadline is tomorrow.... Only reason i'm leaning toward Kelvin is that Bryant isn't 100% reinstated yet and chances are KB wont take another season ending injuring in August. RIGHT!???

Archived