Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

4 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I like the RBs and flex. Only thing I would consider is Robby Anderson over Thomas. Anderson has been on absolute fire lately and Thomas has been too inconsistent for me this year to trust in the playoffs.

I think I'm gonna go Collins over Lewis. Steelers won't have Shazier, which should be good for Collins. He has more potential to get a TD than Lewis.

So, Wentz is lost for the season and I need a win next week to guarantee at least $1000 payout.

My other matchups are pretty darn strong (mercifully) - and I made the pre-Wentz injury pickup of the Saints defense to play against the Petty/Hackenberg-led Jets next week, so I'm likely best off shooting for the highest-floor streamer between Foles (at home against the Giants), Bortles (yeah, I know, but he's at home against the Texans beaten up defense), and Flacco (I really don't want to trust him, but he does play the Browns... and has Indy the following week).  Other options, but ones I don't trust are Jameis (at home on Monday night against the Falcons), Dalton (@ MIN which should all but rule him out), and Eli (probably throwing a lot but weapons are poor and I don't expect a repeat of how vulnerable Philly's defense was this week, especially at home).

On 12/11/2017 at 3:46 AM, The LBC said:

So, Wentz is lost for the season and I need a win next week to guarantee at least $1000 payout.

My other matchups are pretty darn strong (mercifully) - and I made the pre-Wentz injury pickup of the Saints defense to play against the Petty/Hackenberg-led Jets next week, so I'm likely best off shooting for the highest-floor streamer between Foles (at home against the Giants), Bortles (yeah, I know, but he's at home against the Texans beaten up defense), and Flacco (I really don't want to trust him, but he does play the Browns... and has Indy the following week).  Other options, but ones I don't trust are Jameis (at home on Monday night against the Falcons), Dalton (@ MIN which should all but rule him out), and Eli (probably throwing a lot but weapons are poor and I don't expect a repeat of how vulnerable Philly's defense was this week, especially at home).

I’d go Bortles...I lost Wentz myself in a smaller pay league and will be riding Bortles...he’s been steady for over a month and nice matchups ROS.

29 minutes ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

^ I got a similar issue except I have Cousins and not Wentz.

Which QB to start

Kirk Cousins vs. Cardinals

Garoppolo vs. Titans

Bortles vs. Texans

Foles @Giants

Kind of leaning Bortles with how he's played lately and his schedule. Foles has a nice schedule as well

See above...Bortles.

Jimmy G not bad idea either.

Do I contemplate sitting Brady?

I got Rodgers on my bench to prevent other people from getting him...but had 1st rd bye and I start Cooks and Gronk as it is.

I can get Bortles or Jimmy G due to waiver priority and may be a “safer” play...I’m favored in this mAtchup by a little bit.

If need be, I’ll post lineups...what you guys think?

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I got Rodgers on my bench to prevent other people from getting him...but had 1st rd bye and I start Cooks and Gronk as it is.

I can get Bortles or Jimmy G due to waiver priority and may be a “safer” play...I’m favored in this mAtchup by a little bit.

Bortles has one of the best matchups of the week but I am not sure I could get myself to bench Brady if I were you.  

5 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Bortles has one of the best matchups of the week but I am not sure I could get myself to bench Brady if I were you.  

My lineup is

Brady

Cooks and Tate

Ingram and Kamara

Gronk

Mccaffrey and Wallace

Chiefs K

Jags def

——————

His lineup is

Big Ben

AB and Josh Gordon

Melvin Gordon and Mike Davis

Rudolph

Sanu and J Kearse

Tucker

Texans def(might change)

2 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I would play Brady and not think twice. 

2 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I would go Brady as well. Rodgers is tempting if he plays and Gronk is still out though

30 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Rank these TEs for Week 15

Jared Cook
Jesse James
Eric Ebron
OJ Howard
Adam Shaheen

I think first on this list is Cook because he has been most consistent this season. After that, its just personal preference. My order would be Shaheen, Howard, Ebron, James. I know James had a career game against Baltimore but NE has been stingy against the TEs the last 6 weeks. Same with Ebron. Great game against TB but really cant be trusted. Howard has really started to eat into Brate's snaps and production and should continue to do the same. I am all in on Shaheen though these last 2 weeks. He seems to be finding his stride late in the season and is becoming a reliable target for Trubisky. He has 4 catches for 40+ yards and a TD in 2 of his last 4 games and he has some great matchups in games the Bears should score some points the  last 2 weeks with Detroit this week and Cleveland next. The problem is that you may not be able to trust him more than any of the other 4 because in the 2 games he didn't have 4/40+/1 line, he was targeted only once. I think he should be a solid play though against the Lions and Browns for those who are desperate.

Hell, I've talked myself off the Shaheen ledge in writing this post lol. Cooks, Howard, Shaheen/Ebron/James all equal IMO. First 2 are likely safest plays. The last 3 could explode for 10+ points any given week, but the track record isn't there for it.

Archived