Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

6pts for Passing TD, extra pts for 300+ , 400+ yds ect....

Need one from both leagues, thanks.

Garapolo vs KC Or Brees vs ATL

Stafford vs NE or Wentz vs Indy 

I'm going with a pure gut play on the first one and saying Jimmy G. Seems a bit crazy to sit Brees, but on the road at a division rival makes it a little easier to stomach. Brees should really be the play, but like I said, just going with my gut on this one with nothing really to support it. 

I'd go Stafford over Wentz. I like both matchups, but I'm not big on inserting any player immediately back into the starting lineup when coming off a major injury. Too many questions. I think Stafford should have a nice game statistically. 

17 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Is Antonio Callaway worth dropping Crowell? I try and pick diamonds in the rough before the WW hits. 

I have Gurley, Dion Lewis and Aaron Jones and normally only start 1 RB.  Is Calloway worth the stash being the #2 deep threat now?

I don't love the idea of dropping Crowell. He should have some trade value. My first inclination would be to package him with someone else, maybe a wide receiver or another running back, to get a slight upgrade somewhere. If you're just going to drop him, it doesn't need to be a major uptick, just something that gives you value. Lewis + Crowell for Howard for example. If you want to go for broke, you may be able to pull one over on the Mixon owner and offer Lewis + Crowell for Mixon and then stash Mixon for 2 weeks. I'd love that move if you could make it. 

Crowell doesn't seem like a guy that you would ever start if you're only starting 1 running back, but he's too valuable just to flat out drop in my opinion. 

30 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yes

Damn, it's a really interesting conundrum because your feast or famine guys have such juicy matchups while a guy I would typically start in Hilton has the worst one. 

Lets start with the guys I consider to be locks - Zeke, Connor and Adams. I consider both running backs superior to Cook in this situation. While Cook has a nice match up, they seem to be bringing him along slowly and his efficiency as a runner has left a lot to be desired. He's salvaged a bit of respectable outings due to his work out of the backfield, and after watching the Bills get scorched by the Chargers in this method, there is some appeal. But I'd also be worried that he gets pulled in the second half and doesn't give you a full game because the Vikings are blowing them out, and I think that counteracts any possible appeal I have for him out of the backfield. I think Connor and Zeke are both high floor guys with big upsides. 

Adams should be a lock too. He's the number one receiver on a team with Aaron Rodgers. He's got 20 targets in 2 games, and in game one he was without Rodgers for a bit. Similar to Zeke and Connor, he's a high floor with a big upside, so I see no reason to sit him. 

As for the other two spots, I think I just like your receivers more than Cook, so I'd lean that way I think. Hilton has 22 targets through two games, and two touchdowns, so obviously he's still the guy that Luck is looking for more often than not. But that matchup is certainly less than ideal. That being said, there may be opportunity for garbage points. Djax and Watkins are actually very similar feast / famine type players with great matchups. Djax is bound for some regression which is the thing that makes me hesitant on him...except he's got a great matchup and I'm not sure if it comes this week or not. He also has the worst quarterback out of the three and a 100% catch rate at this point, which obviously is not sustainable. He's managed 9 targets, but the share isn't that bad all things considered. 

I think I'd lean toward Hilton and Watkins as my other two guys. I don't love two boom / bust guys like Watkins and Djax in my line up, and I trust Mahomes more than Fitzpatrick. I like Hilton's floor, and like the other two guys, he could absolutely go boom with a huge reception. 

But honestly, it wouldn't take much to convince me to start completely different players in this scenario either lol. Very tough call. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Damn, it's a really interesting conundrum because your feast or famine guys have such juicy matchups while a guy I would typically start in Hilton has the worst one. 

Lets start with the guys I consider to be locks - Zeke, Connor and Adams. I consider both running backs superior to Cook in this situation. While Cook has a nice match up, they seem to be bringing him along slowly and his efficiency as a runner has left a lot to be desired. He's salvaged a bit of respectable outings due to his work out of the backfield, and after watching the Bills get scorched by the Chargers in this method, there is some appeal. But I'd also be worried that he gets pulled in the second half and doesn't give you a full game because the Vikings are blowing them out, and I think that counteracts any possible appeal I have for him out of the backfield. I think Connor and Zeke are both high floor guys with big upsides. 

Adams should be a lock too. He's the number one receiver on a team with Aaron Rodgers. He's got 20 targets in 2 games, and in game one he was without Rodgers for a bit. Similar to Zeke and Connor, he's a high floor with a big upside, so I see no reason to sit him. 

As for the other two spots, I think I just like your receivers more than Cook, so I'd lean that way I think. Hilton has 22 targets through two games, and two touchdowns, so obviously he's still the guy that Luck is looking for more often than not. But that matchup is certainly less than ideal. That being said, there may be opportunity for garbage points. Djax and Watkins are actually very similar feast / famine type players with great matchups. Djax is bound for some regression which is the thing that makes me hesitant on him...except he's got a great matchup and I'm not sure if it comes this week or not. He also has the worst quarterback out of the three and a 100% catch rate at this point, which obviously is not sustainable. He's managed 9 targets, but the share isn't that bad all things considered. 

I think I'd lean toward Hilton and Watkins as my other two guys. I don't love two boom / bust guys like Watkins and Djax in my line up, and I trust Mahomes more than Fitzpatrick. I like Hilton's floor, and like the other two guys, he could absolutely go boom with a huge reception. 

But honestly, it wouldn't take much to convince me to start completely different players in this scenario either lol. Very tough call. 

Honestly, still debating that Watkins pick lol. Man, that's really tough. 

34 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

D Watson available, due to an owner having 2 other strong QBs. Anything I don't know, any objections to using #1 wavier on him? I'm streaming QBs.

If you're doing full on streaming at the quarterback spot, I don't mind using a #1 priority on Watson, particularly if streaming options are less than ideal.  I haven't been his hugest fan in the off season because I wanted to a bigger sample, but simultaneously, I'm not ready to get overly worried until probably week 5 about his play. He has QB1 type potential with his running, so I don't know what else to wait on with regards to the waiver wire at that point unless you're holding out hope that the Bell owner drops him. 

Archived