Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

19 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thanks. I've been on the Mike thomas train this summer. I didn't really think I'd have a shot at either one in my league till last week when I traded up. It looks like I'll have a shot at either one come draft day.

we know what Nelson and Rodgers can do.   Nelson has been a top 5 WR as the #1 in GB when he has played the season. 

Thomas has loads of potential, but he is stepping into the role as the #1 with the departure of Cooks.  That for me casts enough question to go the the more proven player.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

we know what Nelson and Rodgers can do.   Nelson has been a top 5 WR as the #1 in GB when he has played the season. 

Thomas has loads of potential, but he is stepping into the role as the #1 with the departure of Cooks.  That for me casts enough question to go the the more proven player.

Should Jordy's age play a factor?

I got offered the following trade in my PPR keeper league:

league setup is: QB, RB x 2, WR x 2, TE, Flex x 2

I send: DJ (last year he can be kept), 4th, and 7th 

I get: Crowell (13th round keeper I can have this year and next), 2nd, and 3rd.

If I make this trade my draft picks look like:

2nd x 3

3rd x 2

4th 

in the first 4 rounds. My other keeper is between Ware and Powell depending on how injuries, etc work out. 

So my team after round two would either look like:

RB - DJ // Ware

WR - Hopkins // Robinson

with a 3rd and 2 4ths

or 

RB - Crowell // Ware // 

WR - Hopkins // Robinson // Allen

with 2 3rds (if try to grab 1 RB here) and a 4th 

21 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I got offered the following trade in my PPR keeper league:

league setup is: QB, RB x 2, WR x 2, TE, Flex x 2

I send: DJ (last year he can be kept), 4th, and 7th 

I get: Crowell (13th round keeper I can have this year and next), 2nd, and 3rd.

If I make this trade my draft picks look like:

2nd x 3

3rd x 2

4th 

in the first 4 rounds. My other keeper is between Ware and Powell depending on how injuries, etc work out. 

So my team after round two would either look like:

RB - DJ // Ware

WR - Hopkins // Robinson

with a 3rd and 2 4ths

or 

RB - Crowell // Ware // 

WR - Hopkins // Robinson // Allen

with 2 3rds (if try to grab 1 RB here) and a 4th 

I would rather have DJ for this season.  Try to win this season vs looking too far ahead.  Making that trade based partially on who you can keep next year does not make sense to me.

I've had success over the past few years taking RBs later in the draft, and while I don't want to go into the draft with one particular strategy in mind (I feel you need to let the draft play out) what are some mid-late round RBs you like this year in standard league? I love the Doug Martin/Jacquizz Rodgers combo and the Robert Kelly/Samaje Perine combo. And I know Dougie is out for the first 3 weeks. And I'm actually really high on Ty Montgomery this year, but don't want to snag him up too early, where would you feel comfortable taking him?

Also, if you can't get a top 3 pick to snag what i'm assuming would be one of Bell, Zeke or DJ, where would you want to draft? 4th-6th and snag up Beckham, julio or AB or the last few picks of the 1st round? While I love the 12/13 turn, I feel like this year a top 7 pick is more essential than in years past. 

1 hour ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Where would you take Jarvis Landry in a PPR? Probably in the top three rounds, wouldn't you?

3rd is too rich for my blood, he's a 4th rounder for me.  Not sure how the Tannehill injury effects him though.  

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I've had success over the past few years taking RBs later in the draft, and while I don't want to go into the draft with one particular strategy in mind (I feel you need to let the draft play out) what are some mid-late round RBs you like this year in standard league? I love the Doug Martin/Jacquizz Rodgers combo and the Robert Kelly/Samaje Perine combo. And I know Dougie is out for the first 3 weeks. And I'm actually really high on Ty Montgomery this year, but don't want to snag him up too early, where would you feel comfortable taking him?

Also, if you can't get a top 3 pick to snag what i'm assuming would be one of Bell, Zeke or DJ, where would you want to draft? 4th-6th and snag up Beckham, julio or AB or the last few picks of the 1st round? While I love the 12/13 turn, I feel like this year a top 7 pick is more essential than in years past. 

That was my approach last season as well and probably one I'll be taking again this year.  I was able to land some high upside guys and won my league.  One big reason was landing Howard on waivers and having Nelson as an 11th round keeper though so that helped.  Still I had a stocked WR depth chart and was able to mix and match in the flex spot by matchups.

I have J. Howard as a 7th round keeper and his RB1 upside will allow me to take the 3 of the top 4 picks at WR (depending how the draft falls).  If I get top 3 though I'll probably go one of the RB's.  

I like Crowell and TY but they are late 3rd's which is not really a mid round.  From the 4th round on I like.

Ware, Gillislee, AP, Martin, Perkins, Coleman, Powell, Gore 

Archived