Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

11 minutes ago, G-McDog said:

Standard NFL.com league. Would you be happy to take Mixon in the 3rd? I'm picking early 3rd, and I'm not convinced he's going to be around until my 4th round pick. It's a keeper league. 

He'll be my RB2.

I like Mixon, not a fan of the oline. I do like him as a keeper though.

15 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

@JaguarCrazy2832 as a Jaguar fan, are you banking on Allen Robinson returning to his 2015 form? And I actually think Joe Mixon is being overrated. I mean he's clearly the most talented RB on that team, just think its going to take Marvin Lewis 3-4 games to realize it. Which is why  like the Hill/Gio/Doug Martin combo super late in drafts. Feel like you're getting an RB2 for the first few weeks and then replacing that with a high end RB2 when Martin comes back. 

No i dont think he comes back to 2015 form but i do think he outproduces 2016 which should be better than his current ADP. Our QB situation definitely hurts him. 

Should be my last question for my standard league, pick 9. I feel confident in every round but 3rd and 4th. I would have pick 29th and 32nd but i'm not crazy about the options there. I do think 1-3 QBs will be gone though so that should help. Can you rank these options? I assume my first 2 picks will either be RB/RB, RB/WR, or WR/WR if it helps:

Deandre Hopkins

Ezekiel Elliott

Alston Jeffrey

Isaiah Crowell

Terrelle Pryor

Marshawn Lynch

Michael Crabtree

Allen Robinson & Davonte Adams(maybe can be had in round 5 though)

1 hour ago, Dolmonite26 said:

10 team half ppr, 4 keepers

Trade Hilton who cost a 3rd to keep for Pryor who would cost a 13th.  Yay or nay?  And how much more would you be willing to offer if he doesn't go for the straight up trade?

Straight up I'd take it especially if Luck isnt 100%. As far as a counter offer i really dont know

9 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

yes, i think so

Agreed. Now if it is a keeper league then MAYBE but think about it this way. If you knew that Leveon Bell would hurt his knee and be out for the first 6 games would you draft him in the first? Do you think your league members are bad enough for you to roll the dice on that? Depending on #playoff teams it matters. If its a 10-12 team league and just 4 make it that is a huge gamble because you must either assume you will go 3-3 or better without him or 5-1 or so with him and fantasy is too fickle to expect that 

34 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Straight up I'd take it especially if Luck isnt 100%. As far as a counter offer i really dont know

Sorry I laid it out a little unclear, but I'm offering the trade.  I still haven't gotten a reply back other than that he is interested, but I doubt he goes for a straight up trade considering that I know I wouldn't.  I'm just not sure what else to offer.

Here's my full roster, 2QB league btw.

QB: Dalton (5th), Big Ben (3rd)

RB: Freeman (1st), Ware (16th), Prosise (16th), Lewis (16th), Rawls (4th)

WR: Hilton (4th), Cooper(4th), Lockett (10th), Mitchell (16th)

In parenthesis is the cost to keep.

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Should be my last question for my standard league, pick 9. I feel confident in every round but 3rd and 4th. I would have pick 29th and 32nd but i'm not crazy about the options there. I do think 1-3 QBs will be gone though so that should help. Can you rank these options? I assume my first 2 picks will either be RB/RB, RB/WR, or WR/WR if it helps:

Deandre Hopkins

Ezekiel Elliott

Alston Jeffrey

Isaiah Crowell

Terrelle Pryor

Marshawn Lynch

Michael Crabtree

Allen Robinson & Davonte Adams(maybe can be had in round 5 though)

Anybody? Draft in 14 hours lol

I'm at pick 3 in a 12 team standard scoring league. I am assuming Bell and David Johnson go 1 and 2.

I am heavily considering going Shady McCoy over Antonio Brown at 3 because of the lack of RB depth. Then picking up Crowell, Lamar Miller, or Fournette in Round. I'll get much better WR's than RB's in Rounds 3 and 4.

Even thinking I could go Shady, Crowell, Lamar Miller rounds 1-3 and then get WR's like Devante Adams and Golden Tate as my starters in Rounds 4 and 5.

Thoughts on that plan? 

22 hours ago, G-McDog said:

How about on the 3rd?

It depends on who and how many are kept, how keepers work. 

I don't mind the pick no, but I think he is becoming slightly overrated this year. I do like him as a keeper, if you really like him take him. Don't worry about if it's a reach if it's your guy. 

Archived