Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

16 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

One RB I have sort of developed a bit of a man crush for is Christian McCaffery, do you like him? And what's the highest you would draft him in a standard league?

Not touching him in a standard league probably.  His ADP in standard 12-team leagues is 3.08, ahead of Ware, Mixon, Hyde, Cook, and Gillislee.  I think those guys' floors are all higher than McCaffrey's in standard.  Jonathan Stewart probably won't fade to black just yet.  I think I would take McCaffrey in the 4th in PPR or 5th in standard.

5 hours ago, G-McDog said:

In a standard NFL.com league. Which WR would you prefer as an WR2? Cooks, Prior or Jeffery?

Pryor for me because he looks to have a clear path to WR1 territory.  I think I mentioned in my thread on the old site that 216 targets left town with Garcon and D-Jax.  Pryor is going to absorb a large share of that.  

Cooks is my second choice.  He's the best receiver on maybe the league's best offense, but there are just too many weapons for me to grab him in the 3rd.  Jeffery I'm leaving alone.  His history of injury and suspensions is worrisome.  He has more seasons in the league finishing outside the top 40 WRs than he does inside it.  

On top of the auction tips here is my first 10 team mock:

Drew Brees

Lamar Miller

Isaiah Crowell

Michael Crabtree

Terrelle Pryor

Greg Olsen

Denver DST

Kicker

Joe Mixon

Dalvin Cook

Kelvin Benjamin

Frank Gore

Mike Gillislee

And a few other guys that were later cost 2-5 bucks

Not my best work but i was surprised to see QBs be valued so low

13 hours ago, keysersoze3421 said:

Not touching him in a standard league probably.  His ADP in standard 12-team leagues is 3.08, ahead of Ware, Mixon, Hyde, Cook, and Gillislee.  I think those guys' floors are all higher than McCaffrey's in standard.  Jonathan Stewart probably won't fade to black just yet.  I think I would take McCaffrey in the 4th in PPR or 5th in standard.

Late 4th/early 5th in PPR (10 or 12-team depending on how things fall) and late 5th to late 7th in standard formats.

On 8/10/2017 at 9:35 AM, keysersoze3421 said:

I disagree Key.  You don't take a player top 10 just to not give him the ball for the sake of Jonathan Stewart.  While Stewart won't be completely phased out since CMC isn't an every down back I think they want to give him 12-14 carries and 5-7 targets out of the backfield/slot each game.  I mean would you be shocked to see him get 18-20 touches a game?

Stew is going to hurt his value some with taking the goal line and short yardage touches so that limits CMC's upside in the TD department but if they continue to do what they did preseason game 1 and give him touches between the tackles I think his value as a fringe RB1 is there.  Much more comfortable with him as an RB 2 though.

At his ADP it's certainly a risk but it could also be a steal.  CAM is going to dump the ball off a ton to him in the screen game I feel.

EDIT: Value wise if he's there in PPR round 4 you take him without question I think.

2 hours ago, kempus said:

I'm drafting 1st overall in the inaugural draft of a 12 man, non PPR league. Who do I take? Or who are the top 3 options?

Now you only have 2 options with the Zeke suspension.  DJ or Bell.  Can't go wrong either way really.  Go with your gut.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

It depends on how many games it will be reduced to on appeal.  If I'm picking top of the 1st round and get DJ or Bell, you better believe I'd take Elliot late 2nd or early 3rd even if it's the full 6 games.

That's so stupid

The Cowboys' BYE is like Week 5 or 6 so you won't have him until Week 7 and at that point the Cowboys' schedule is impossible

6 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

That's so stupid

The Cowboys' BYE is like Week 5 or 6 so you won't have him until Week 7 and at that point the Cowboys' schedule is impossible

I don't know about you, but I expect to be in the playoffs with or without my late 2nd/early 3rd round pick for 7 weeks.   Zeke in the fantasy playoffs >>>>> anyone else you can pick in that range.

3 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I don't know about you, but I expect to be in the playoffs with or without my late 2nd/early 3rd round pick for 7 weeks.   Zeke in the fantasy playoffs >>>>> anyone else you can pick in that range.

As an experienced fantasy player, this has been tried many times and rarely if ever has it turned out to be a good decision

Good luck though

Okay so with the suspension of Zeke, all of a sudden my #3 pick in a non-ppt 10 team league is pretty crappy. I have an offer to completely switch from #3 to #9 and all picks thereafter as well so i'd have 9 and 12 instead of 3 and 18. Seems like an obvious move now right? Especially since i don't think Antonio Brown is so close to 3 other WRs. 

Archived