Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

As an experienced fantasy player, this has been tried many times and rarely if ever has it turned out to be a good decision

Good luck though

I too am an experienced fantasy player, and I know bust rates are pretty high for late 2nd/early 3rd round players.  I'll take my chances on having a proven player when it matters most.

And thanks.

56 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Okay so with the suspension of Zeke, all of a sudden my #3 pick in a non-ppt 10 team league is pretty crappy. I have an offer to completely switch from #3 to #9 and all picks thereafter as well so i'd have 9 and 12 instead of 3 and 18. Seems like an obvious move now right? Especially since i don't think Antonio Brown is so close to 3 other WRs. 

I'd consider it or go OBJ if you stay.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I too am an experienced fantasy player, and I know bust rates are pretty high for late 2nd/early 3rd round players.  I'll take my chances on having a proven player when it matters most.

And thanks.

I have Howard as a 5th round keeper so if I land in the top 2 and can have a combo of DJ/Bell and Howard and then Zeke at the end of round 2 in the 20's I might consider it.  If I pick at 10 say then I won't be taking him early round 2 with the 14th pick and I doubt he makes it to the end of round 3 again for me but you never know.  Having Jordan Howard in the 5th would help ease my pain of taking him late 2nd/early 3rd.  In our league 8 of 12 make the playoffs too so I'd just need to not complete suck and it could be a huge payoff.

Won't know where I draft though until draft day on the 28th.

I agree with Bianconero though in a straight redraft very hard to take him with one of your top 2 picks.  3rd would need to be the absolute ceiling you should consider it. 

I have Elliott as a 3rd round keeper. I still have time to change it. Should I stick with it or go elsewhere. The only real other option is Matt Ryan with a 15 round allocation!! I'm not convinced Elliot will still be there when I pick!!

My RBs- CJ Anderson, Doug Martin (suspended first 4 weeks), Ryan Mathews

My WRs- Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Alshon Jeffery

My TEs- Zach Ertz, Jason Witten

Got offered Ezekiel Elliott and Jimmy Graham for Julio and Witten? What do you guys think... Losing my most reliable option and an almost guaranteed top 10 fantasy player for a slight upgrade at TE and a huge upgrade at RB (for 6 regular season games, 3 potential playoff games). I still have a great pair in Hopkins and Jeffery though. My plan all along since the draft was to move Hopkins or Jeffery for a RB, but now this has popped up and I don't know... if I can win 3 before EE comes back I'd be in great shape. Plus he might appeal and get it reduced. I'm leaning towards doing it. 

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Now you only have 2 options with the Zeke suspension.  DJ or Bell.  Can't go wrong either way really.  Go with your gut.

Sorry, forgot the most important part. It's a keeper league.

3 hours ago, G-McDog said:

I have Elliott as a 3rd round keeper. I still have time to change it. Should I stick with it or go elsewhere. The only real other option is Matt Ryan with a 15 round allocation!! I'm not convinced Elliot will still be there when I pick!!

Does your league raise keeper costs annually or do they remain the same for the career of the player (or until they're dropped)?  it's a 6-game suspension, it sucks, but it does have an end date (and that assumes he even serves the suspension this season... which isn't definite at this point) - whereas a 3rd round cost for a Top 3 RB with Top 1 RB upside (as long as that OL stays intact) has value beyond just this season.  it's a 10-team league, you can keep him and realistically still draft accordingly.  Chances are in a 10-team league guys that will be productive starters like Terrance West are going to get undervalued and you'll be able to get a starter in the 8th round or later.

If it were me, I'd hold on to him at that cost and just adjust my draft strategy to overpower yourself at WR - that way, worst case scenario you've got tons of options to flex WR and start only two RB's for 6 weeks (assuming he serves the suspension this season).  Slightly better case, people are going to see that suspension for Zeke and try to "hose you" by drafting RB's before you can get them, but they'll forego strength at WR by doing that, so you've got common ground to find a trade.

I'd also say, keep an eye on who in your league has/drafts Doug Martin and maybe consider trying to snag Jacquizz Rodgers a little ahead of ADP (relative to where ADP and that guy's pick intersect), because between Quizz and maybe an Alfred Morris (I'd want him over McFadden for the TD/goal-line value in a standard league) you should be able to comfortable ride out a Zeke suspension.

6 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Anyone still taking Zeke early?  I was thinking late 2nd/early 3rd that I would take the shot on him there.

Basically, treat him like you did LeVeon Bell (who was set to ride a 4 game suspension) last season, at least in redraft leagues.

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Okay so with the suspension of Zeke, all of a sudden my #3 pick in a non-ppt 10 team league is pretty crappy. I have an offer to completely switch from #3 to #9 and all picks thereafter as well so i'd have 9 and 12 instead of 3 and 18. Seems like an obvious move now right? Especially since i don't think Antonio Brown is so close to 3 other WRs. 

You're basically picking between Antonio Brown and LeSean McCoy and honestly, with Watkins being traded today, I might actually roll the dice on Shady - there were rumblings he could lead the Bills in receptions before Sammy was traded.  Now?  Those touches are going to be there.  Yes, yes... Jordan Matthews.  Jordan Matthews still can't catch a cold.

3 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Better Keeper: Ware or Pryor?

Assuming you're talking Spencer Ware... Pryor, hands down.  While I don't expect it to happen all that quickly (his winding-down last season can be correlated to injury on the OL), I do believe that Andy Reid is going to look for opportunities to get Kareem Hunt touches and to acclimate toward their intended future of Mahomes/Hunt.  So Ware's ceiling is capped IMHO.

Whereas Pryor is the exact opposite.  His situation is, IMO, very similar to where Vincent Jackson was when he was on the Chargers.  Cousins isn't the type to go target-heavy on his WR1, he spreads the ball around, and if he goes goes heavy favorite for anyone it'll be Jordan Reed (assuming he's healthy).  What Cousins is though is one of the most accurate deep-ball throwers in the league (not unlike what a prime Philip Rivers was) and Pryor is an athletic freak in the Megatron mold.  I think he's more TD-dependent than people want to paint him as.  Pryor is, though, playing on a one-year contract which means he's gonna be working for that big pay-day.

Sorry, I'm going to post this again. It got a bit lost in the madness.

I'm drafting 1st overall in the inaugural draft of a 12 man, non PPR, keeper league. Who do I take or who are the top 3 options? Suggestions?

7 minutes ago, kempus said:

Sorry, I'm going to post this again. It got a bit lost in the madness.

I'm drafting 1st overall in the inaugural draft of a 12 man, non PPR, keeper league. Who do I take or who are the top 3 options? Suggestions?

You take David Johnson and move on with your life. 

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

You're basically picking between Antonio Brown and LeSean McCoy and honestly, with Watkins being traded today, I might actually roll the dice on Shady - there were rumblings he could lead the Bills in receptions before Sammy was traded.  Now?  Those touches are going to be there.  Yes, yes... Jordan Matthews.  Jordan Matthews still can't catch a cold.

And sammy couldn't stay healthy. Not sure picking Mccoy at 3 is better than getting someone like Nelson and Gordon/Howard/Murray

Archived