Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Disagree here, I think unless you have someone you really want you sit on that #1 waiver for a couple of weeks. But it also depends on how active your waiver wire is. 

David Johnson is only the start, we're gonna see more injuries and valuable injury replacements, not to mention bigger breakouts than Galloday before long. If we think back to last year, guys like Jordan Howard and Jay Ajayi were big waiver gets around the Week 4-6 period. Not to mention, you can get burned by overreacting to Week 1 wonders - lots of ppl burned their waiver on Willie Snead after Week 1 only for Michael Thomas to emerge as the real breakout weapon on the team.  

I'd sit on that #1 claim and let things play out for a little bit. 

All depends on the league, roster size and number of teams.  

Both Ajayi and Howard were drafted in my main 12 team league last season.  Best FA pick up last season was Montgomery and T Hill

tl;dr: Sell high on Tyreek Hill when I am strong at WR and weak at RB?

10 team 0.5 PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/K/D-ST

QB- Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton

RB- Zeke Elliot, Frank Gore, Giovani Bernard, Duke Johnson

WR- Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Terrelle Pryor, Tyreek Hill, Larry Fitzgerald, Jordan Matthews

TE- Jordan Reed

D/ST- Vikings, Seahawks (Yeah, I'm sitting on these two, just to spite people in my league that hold defenses yearly. Hurt me week 1 but idc).

K- Wil Lutz

First off, **** Andy Dalton.

Anyways, as we are starting two flex in half PPR I went all in on WR's and I screwed up at RB2. I think Gore is going to get a ton of carries and will be his normal self once Luck gets back.. but who knows when that will happen. Should I actively look to flip a WR for a RB or should I just sit and wait? I really like the situation all of my WR's are in despite not fully trusting Hopkins' situation and I'm not sure who I should give up. If I had to pick one to flip right now I would sell high on Tyreek - good or bad decision? Who should I target?

$100 budget on free agents. Tarik Cohen is going to be the obvious #1 this week. I have a bid out there of $20. Not sure if that's too high/low.

Non-Ppr league, 10 teams

I also have several much smaller bids on guys like Golladay, Kerwyn, Allen, Krupp etc but the player i'm dropping is probably the same so i can only get 1 guy

Waivers go in tonight, so hoping for some feedback on guys that have experience in FAAB

55 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

$100 budget on free agents. Tarik Cohen is going to be the obvious #1 this week. I have a bid out there of $20. Not sure if that's too high/low.

Non-Ppr league, 10 teams

I also have several much smaller bids on guys like Golladay, Kerwyn, Allen, Krupp etc but the player i'm dropping is probably the same so i can only get 1 guy

Waivers go in tonight, so hoping for some feedback on guys that have experience in FAAB

I've heard anywhere between 25-40% 

So I'm in a 10-team, 0.5 PPR league and I lost David Johnson, Allen Robinson, and Danny Woodhead this week (I guess I should be happy I didn't draft Kevin White too 9_9).

I decided to bid $41 on Cohen with my $100 FAAB budget, but I'm still worried that might not be good enough.  The main team I'm worried about outbidding me has the following RB line-up: Jay Ajayi, LeGarrette Blount, Adrian Peterson, Latvius Murray, and Giovanni Bernard.

Do you think my situation is desperate enough to bid more?  Here is my current team (I already released Robinson):

QB: Mariota

WR: Doug Baldwin

WR: Amari Cooper

RB: CJ Anderson

RB: Mike Gillislee

TE: Travis Kelce

FLEX: Deandre Hopkins

BENCH:

Danny Woodhead

Tyrell Williams

Adam Thielen

Corey Davis

Darren Sproles

Jacquizz Rodgers

Mike Williams

IR - David Johnson

0.5 PPR 2RB / 2WR / R/W

Le'Veon Bell

Marshawn Lynch

C.J. Anderson

Derrick Henry

Michael Thomas

Alshon Jeffery

Keenan Allen

Kelvin Benjamin

Jordan Matthews

Seems like Tarik Cohen should be the primary target on the WW.  For #2, should I be targeting Kenny Golladay or Cooper Kupp?

My TEs are hunter henry and CJ Fiedo (who was just put on IR). I put CJ in my IR roster spot, and am using that roster spot of cohen (number 1 waiver). My question is do I drop Henry to pick up Jared Cook? There is also Jesse James, Zach Miller, or Charles Clay available. I liked what I saw of Cook, Carr was finding him and he could be a touchdown machine later in the year.  

Here is my team:

Mariota

Dez, Rishard Mathews, Tyrell Williams, Emmanuel Sanders, Davante Adams

Ajayi, lamar Miller, Kamara, Rawls 

Henry, CJ Fiedo (IR spot)

Minnesota/NYG

I wouldnt be opposed to dropping one of the defenses. Cant really see a reason to cut one of the running backs right now because rawls should be the starter and Kamara led the saints in snaps at RB. 

Thoughts?

Ok a few kinda retarded questions here...

1. If you have the WRs to do it, would you bench Dez the first 4 weeks of the season? Maybe not the first 4 weeks, but maybe next week vs the Broncos? I'm usually one to just let the big boys play, but Dez' lack of production vs top level CB talent is hard to ignore. I have AJ Green as my #1 Receiver and am seriously thinking about starting either Cooper Kupp or Tyrell Williams over Dez. I know I know, F*N cooper kupp are you kidding...but it's obvious he and Goff have a nice connection going, it's been obvious since Camp, and he has a pretty juicy matchup vs the Redskins this week. Tyrell, who is obviously Rivers' #2 target in that offense goes up against Miami. I also have Garcon but don't really like his matchup this week vs Seattle. 

2. Would you trade Dez for Brees straight up? (My trade for Carr got rejected after the owner told me he'd do it the night before) 

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

My TEs are hunter henry and CJ Fiedo (who was just put on IR). I put CJ in my IR roster spot, and am using that roster spot of cohen (number 1 waiver). My question is do I drop Henry to pick up Jared Cook? There is also Jesse James, Zach Miller, or Charles Clay available. I liked what I saw of Cook, Carr was finding him and he could be a touchdown machine later in the year.  

Here is my team:

Mariota

Dez, Rishard Mathews, Tyrell Williams, Emmanuel Sanders, Davante Adams

Ajayi, lamar Miller, Kamara, Rawls 

Henry, CJ Fiedo (IR spot)

Minnesota/NYG

I wouldnt be opposed to dropping one of the defenses. Cant really see a reason to cut one of the running backs right now because rawls should be the starter and Kamara led the saints in snaps at RB. 

Thoughts?

I'd probably pick up Clay before I picked up Cook. He's always been a fantasy headache. 

53 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Ok a few kinda retarded questions here...

1. If you have the WRs to do it, would you bench Dez the first 4 weeks of the season? Maybe not the first 4 weeks, but maybe next week vs the Broncos? I'm usually one to just let the big boys play, but Dez' lack of production vs top level CB talent is hard to ignore. I have AJ Green as my #1 Receiver and am seriously thinking about starting either Cooper Kupp or Tyrell Williams over Dez. I know I know, F*N cooper kupp are you kidding...but it's obvious he and Goff have a nice connection going, it's been obvious since Camp, and he has a pretty juicy matchup vs the Redskins this week. Tyrell, who is obviously Rivers' #2 target in that offense goes up against Miami. I also have Garcon but don't really like his matchup this week vs Seattle. 

2. Would you trade Dez for Brees straight up? (My trade for Carr got rejected after the owner told me he'd do it the night before) 

Hell no to Dez for Brees. Are you kidding? QB isn't nearly as valuable as a WR2 (which is what Dez is at worst). 

Archived