Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

4 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

Is Adrian Peterson droppable in 12 team leagues? 

I'd hold him for right now unless you're in a position where you absolutely need the roster spot.  None of the Saints running backs looked particularly good against Minny and that's in part because Minny has a really good run defense.  Terron Armstead is still battling a shoulder injury right now too and missed Week 1 because of it.  I do agree that AP was never a great fit for New Orleans' scheme, but I think I get why they wanted him.  Being able to run the ball late in games when they have a lead is a more dependable way to hold onto that lead than trusting their defense, especially while Breaux is still out injured.

He'll still likely be something like what the Pats used Blount/will use Gillislee as, just a poor man's version of it.

6 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

He countered with Freeman, Cohen, Maclin, and Carson for my Thomas and Crabtree.  I'm tempted, even though I hate giving away 2 studs for 1 stud, 1 high floor, and 2 potential studs.  Also, I think Carson and Maclin would only start for me on bye weeks unless Carson wins the starting job outright, so I'm essentially giving away Thomas and Crabtree for Freeman and Cohen.  I feel like without the trade I'm weak at RB, but with the trade I'm weak at WR.

He said it's his final offer.  What are your thoughts?  

I would have a starting line-up of:

Rivers

Jones

Thomas

Cook

Crowell

Ertz

Crabtree/Diggs/Riddick

vs.

Rivers

Jones

Diggs

Freeman

Cook

Ertz

Crowell/Cohen/Riddick

No way.  Huge ripoff.

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Better QB play?

Palmer @ INDY

Cousins @ LAR

Rivers vs MIA

Palmer.  Anyone who says he looked bad didn't watch the film from that game.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Appreciate the help Keys but would like some more(so many leagues)

Pick 2 WRs an a Flex: Non-PPR

Terrelle Pryor @ LAR

Martavis Bryant vs Minn

Larry Fitzgerald @ Indy

Tyrell Williams vs Mia

Tarik Cohen @ TB

Cooper Kupp vs Wash

Kerwyn vs Indy

(Already starting Murray and Zeke in my RB 1 & 2 spots)

Need a RB and a Flex, also Non-PPR

Mike Gillislee vs New Orleans

Jonathan Stewart vs Buffalo

Buck Allen vs Cleveland

Larry Fitzgerald vs Indy

Adam Thielen vs Pitt

(Starting Murray, Jordy and M. Thomas also)

Pryor, Fitz, Gillislee, Stewart

4 hours ago, G-McDog said:

10 teams. I'd drop Derek Henry for him! 

No!

3 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

McCoy, Howard, Miller, Cohen

Julio, Michael Thomas, K. Allen are my starters. 

Uh, you could do either/or because of how good that team is.  I'd keep Henry.

1 hour ago, Runaway Jim said:

Is Adrian Peterson droppable in 12 team leagues? 

Depends who you're dropping him for.

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is Henry a handcuff or just a lottery ticket. Meaning do you have Murray? If you don't, then I'd drop him. If you have Murray though and he gets hurt and you don't have Henry you won't have much use for David Johnson because you're likely out of it

Henry is a lottery ticket. I have Elliot, Cook, Rodgers, Martin, and Henry at RB, with Nelson, Cooks, Diggs, and T Hill at WR. So I might wait for 4 weeks until Martin gets back. Hopefully he's still available then!

9 hours ago, titanrick said:

Pick two and give me a brief reason: Powell, Mixon and Henry. I assume Powell is one, but what are your thoughts?

Powell is one because it's impossible to predict Henry's and Mixon's workloads.  I don't like the Jets' offense much, but Powell will fall into minimal production based on volume.  If I had to pick another it would be Henry because of the possibility of a TD.  Mixon is stuck in a mire with a crowded backfield.  I expect him to emerge, but I wouldn't use him just yet.

9 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Martellus bennett Or Zach Ertz 

FLEX: Jermaine Kearse, Marty Bennett, Buck Allen, Martavis Bryant or Terrance West

thanks! 

Play Ertz weekly until further notice.  Flex I prefer Bryant's upside.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Surprised you went with Gill & Stewart. Figured Thielen or Fitzgerald would be a lock for the flex spot even in a non-ppr league. Any reason why you went J-Stew & Gill?

Gillislee is in the Blount role and is playing a terrible defense.  Stewart is getting a ton of work, and Buffalo doesn't look particularly strong against the run.  Because it's not PPR, I'm not as inclined to play Fitzgerald, who accumulates most of his value from catch totals.  Thielen looks good, but the Saints make everyone look good. I'm not buying the Vikes just yet.

1 hour ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

Any specific reasoning why? I currently have Maclin in and was planning on setting it and forgetting it until I saw you said Davis?

Davis is in a much better offense.  Maclin had one big catch and run last week.  The Ravens' offense is ugly.  Flacco is fine just spreading it around to middling players.  Davis looked really good.  The Jags' pass D, especially with Ramsey hampered, can't contain all the Titans' receivers.

Archived