Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

8 hours ago, StevenK said:

I have the opportunity to select from a couple of defenses this week:

Jacksonville (vs Tenn)

Chargers (vs Miami)

KC (vs Philly)

Thoughts?

Of the 3 I'd say Chargers vs Miami then KC vs Philly.  Both are going to give up points and yards, but they give you a better baseline of turnovers and sacks (Tennessee's OL is darn near the polar opposite of Houston's - so while I do think the Jags secondary and run defense is much improved, I don't think they're going to get the sacks to really make them above a 4-5 point fantasy defense this week).

If Oakland is still out there, go get them.  They're at home against the Jets and have the kind of running game that they can limit the bejesus out of the opportunities the Jets even get in the 2nd half once the Raiders have put up a sufficient lead.

15 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

Isn't he about to go into rehab?

Actually went in two months ago and was said to be targeting a re-application to be reinstated in late-September.  That said, Goodell has no interest in letting him back into the league until the guy REALLY shows he's changed.  I wouldn't be surprised if he gives him the Aldon Smith treatment and rejects reinstatement until way late in the season or even until the period going into the offseason because he's going to want to see Gordon spend an extended period of off-time without testing hot or having another incident.

Hey Key, I'd appreciate some help on this one. Lost last week and really don't want to start 0-2.

Pick two receivers and a flex (.5 PPR)

Dez Bryant @ DEN

Chris Hogan @ NO

Martavis Bryant VS MIN

Cooper Kupp VS WAS

Chris Carson VS SF

Right now I have Dez, Martavis, and Hogan in. I think Kupp has a much higher floor than any of those three though. Any help is much appreciated. 

PPR League

Pick 2 - RB

I. Crowell vs Bal

Theo Riddick vs NYG

Duke Johnson vs Bal

Darren Sproles vs KC

Thomas Rawls vs SF

Andre Ellington vs. Indy

Also, what should I do with Odell Beckham?  Should I try and trade him or hold on to him?

Pick a WR

Tyrell Williams vs. Mia

Kenny Stills vs. LAC

Nelson Agholor vs. KC 

Current roster situation

QB: Marcus Mariota
RB: Jordan Howard
RB: Kareem Hunt
WR: Odell Beckham JR
WR: Alshon Jeffrey
WR: Tyreek Hill
TE: Austin Hooper
FLEX: DeVante Parker
FLEX: Tarik Cohen
D/ST: Baltimore Ravens
K: Stephen Gostkowski 

BENCH: Thomas Rawls, Alvin Kamara, Joe Mixon, Marvin Jones Jr. 

** I plan to swap out ODB for Marvin Jones if ODB can't go on Monday. 

Questions:

1. Someone just dropped Eifert. Should I make a play on him after this week? If so, who do I let go of? I have concerns with Dalton, their play calling, and Eifert's health, but he's a talented guy. If yes, how much would you bid on him?
2. Would you make any changes to this starting lineup this week? 
3. Any suggestions on potential trades I should consider to improve my roster going forward?
4. Interesting players of note in FA: Carson Wentz, Chris Thompson, Marlon Mack, Jesse James, Charles Clay, Tyler Eifert, Evan Engram, 
**Keep in mind, we started with a budget of $1000 for FA pickups. I have $745 left after week 1 (Cohen, Hooper, Mariota). 

1 hour ago, X_Factor_40 said:

Current roster situation

QB: Marcus Mariota
RB: Jordan Howard
RB: Kareem Hunt
WR: Odell Beckham JR
WR: Alshon Jeffrey
WR: Tyreek Hill
TE: Austin Hooper
FLEX: DeVante Parker
FLEX: Tarik Cohen
D/ST: Baltimore Ravens
K: Stephen Gostkowski 

BENCH: Thomas Rawls, Alvin Kamara, Joe Mixon, Marvin Jones Jr. 

** I plan to swap out ODB for Marvin Jones if ODB can't go on Monday. 

Questions:

1. Someone just dropped Eifert. Should I make a play on him after this week? If so, who do I let go of? I have concerns with Dalton, their play calling, and Eifert's health, but he's a talented guy. If yes, how much would you bid on him?
2. Would you make any changes to this starting lineup this week? 
3. Any suggestions on potential trades I should consider to improve my roster going forward?
4. Interesting players of note in FA: Carson Wentz, Chris Thompson, Marlon Mack, Jesse James, Charles Clay, Tyler Eifert, Evan Engram, 
**Keep in mind, we started with a budget of $1000 for FA pickups. I have $745 left after week 1 (Cohen, Hooper, Mariota). 

Just my opinion, but...I'd move Odell to the flex spot, and I think i like Rawls and Kamara over Marvin this week. As far as trades go, I'd try and package Howard and Alshon for an elite RB. 

Archived