Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

4 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

A quick who would you rather have...

McCaffrey and Dez or Fournette and Diggs?

Standard scoring...

I like Fournette and Diggs.

Fournette is guaranteed to get 250+ touches this year (barring injury). He is the main goal line back so that means he will be getting the TD touches. McCaffrey won't be getting nearly as many TD opportunities or touches as Fournette will. Dez may be the better WR than Diggs, but Dez has much tougher matchups over the first 7-8 weeks of the season. Diggs is going to get a fair amount of targets and as long as Bradford looks his way in the red zone like he did last week then he will definitely be close to keeping pace with Dez. 

14 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Not sure why you drafted him and started him. 

16 team league. QBs started flying early. I got him later. Every QB I was targeting went a few picks before my pick before I finally just decided to say screw it and went with Dalton. Somehow got McCoy and Ajayi though so hopefully the 2 of them can help to offset some of his early season terribleness.

Just now, TheMonarch1110 said:

16 team league. QBs started flying early. I got him later. Every QB I was targeting went a few picks before my pick before I finally just decided to say screw it and went with Dalton. Somehow got McCoy and Ajayi though so hopefully the 2 of them can help to offset some of his early season terribleness.

Who is still on the wire if anyone? At this point it is looking like even some of the rookie options might be better. 

Dalton schedule considerably easier from this point...faced 2 of the better AFC defenses...Texans on a short week.

Too many weapons and probably lack of running game for him not to be least a streamer, probably more.

People forget Dalton was a top 7 qb 2 years ago.

1 minute ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Who is still on the wire if anyone? At this point it is looking like even some of the rookie options might be better. 

.5 ppr. Start 1 RB, 2 WR and a FLEX along with everything else normal.

Roster-
QB- Dalton
RB- McCoy, Ajayi, R. Kelley, C. Thompson, T. Cohen
WR- D. Adams, J. Maclin, C. Davis, T. Ginn, Z. Jones
TE- Z. Miller

FA QBs- McCown, Goff, Glennon, Tolzein... it's bad.

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Dalton schedule considerably easier from this point...faced 2 of the better AFC defenses...Texans on a short week.

Too many weapons and probably lack of running game for him not to be least a streamer, probably more.

People forget Dalton was a top 7 qb 2 years ago.

I'm hoping he can at least reach some middle ground and be top 12-15 or so. That is still decent in a 16 team league.
Trying to work on a 2 for 1 trade to upgrade from Maclin to Baldwin and if I do that, I will be picking up Goff.

I don't know who to drop otherwise to pick up Goff.

2 minutes ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

.5 ppr. Start 1 RB, 2 WR and a FLEX along with everything else normal.

Roster-
QB- Dalton
RB- McCoy, Ajayi, R. Kelley, C. Thompson, T. Cohen
WR- D. Adams, J. Maclin, C. Davis, T. Ginn, Z. Jones
TE- Z. Miller

FA QBs- McCown, Goff, Glennon, Tolzein... it's bad.

I'd probably drop Zay Jones and pick up Goff and just pay attention to how he does over the next few weeks....

10 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I think he will be a value later in the year. So it all depends on what you are going to give up. 

This is a very good question. I have Mixon, and D Henry on my bench as my lottery picks. I'm really going one of them becomes awesome by the time playoffs roll around!! 

1 minute ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

So I ended up starting Hopkins over Hogan at my 2nd WR spot, the high volume for Hopkins got to me.

But now I'm thinking I want to still get in on that awful New Orleans defense action and start Chris Hogan over Christian McAffrey at my FLEX - thoughts? 0.5 PPR. 

I think it is worth a shot.

Archived