Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Garcon matchup on paper looks terrible vs Seattle, but who's going to be covering him?...Sherman or Griffin? if Its Griffin...I may start him this week over Tyrell and Dez 

Don't. Avoid all niners players this weekend if you can. We always get steamrolled up there. 

Just not worth the risk 

I'm 0-2 right now but feel like I have a really good team...

QB: Alex Smith

RB: Jay Ajayi, Christian McCaffrey, Jacquizz Rodgers, Alvin Kamara, Marlon Mack

WR: AJ Green, Odell Beckham, Tyrell Williams, Cooper Kupp, Corey Davis 

TE: Kyle Rudolph

DST: Texans 

Should I be worried at all? Like I've scored the least amount of points in the league over 2 weeks. Thinking about waiving Marlon Mack or Corey Davis and picking up either Sam Bradford or Trevor Siemian and just streaming the QB position the rest of the season. And hoping once Doug Martin comes back, that Kamara or Tyrell have established themselves as viable flex options. 

I can still trade Jay Ajayi for Ty Montgomery and Derek Carr...and I'm still 50/50 on it. I think it downgrades my RB1 a tad but it significantly improves the consistency at my QB position. If I can convince him to maybe throw in Galloday, I might do it. 

Any help would be appreciated. And sorry for the double spaces, I'm on my cell, not sure how to correct that. 

Posted this on the trade help thread, so I apologize for the redundancy. 

I have two offers on the table for Doug Martin. Both are good offers. I have faith in Mariota, but should I? He's been a let down so far. Which offer would you take?

Team A - offering Drew Brees

Team B - offering Keenan Allen

1PPR, here is my squad:
Marcus Mariota
Antonio Brown
Terrelle Pryor
Todd Gurley
Leonard Fournette
Kyle Rudolph
Tyrell Williams

BN: Pierre Garcon, Kenny Golladay, Doug Martin, Joe Mixon, Terrance West, Austin Hooper, Andrew Luck

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Should I be worried at all? Like I've scored the least amount of points in the league over 2 weeks. Thinking about waiving Marlon Mack or Corey Davis and picking up either Sam Bradford or Trevor Siemian and just streaming the QB position the rest of the season. And hoping once Doug Martin comes back, that Kamara or Tyrell have established themselves as viable flex options. 

I can still trade Jay Ajayi for Ty Montgomery and Derek Carr...and I'm still 50/50 on it. I think it downgrades my RB1 a tad but it significantly improves the consistency at my QB position. If I can convince him to maybe throw in Galloday, I might do it. 

Any help would be appreciated. And sorry for the double spaces, I'm on my cell, not sure how to correct that. 

Ehhhh, I'd be a little worried tbh

I'd do the Ajayi for Ty and Carr trade 100/100x

10 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

What concerns u most about my team? Any reason why you're so confident on the trade? Just think it gives me a consistent QB? While still RB1 Production?

Here's my perspective:

You don't have impact players on good teams

I'm not a Jay Ajayi fan but I could very well be wrong about him as he had a good game yesterday. But let's pretend like I like him:

Your RB2 is a guy who has struggled immensely so far and isn't even the full-time starter. I don't like him as more than a sometimes FLEX play. Plus, he's on a pretty underwhelming team.

Your two best players, Green and Odell are on putrid offenses. While they will get their points, they will come in bunches and won't be consistent. AJ also misses like 4 games a year.

I love Rudolph but if Sam is out for the year then he's toast.

Those are my very high level thoughts; you need good players on good teams who will get you medium-high -> high floors. I feel like you have a lot of boom or bust players.

---

Ty is better than Ajayi and is on a better team. He has a very clear floor as both a runner and a pass-catcher. Plus you get a QB who can consistently get you 18+ PPG

You need that floor

I'd try and make another trade too for a RB and see who's on the wire

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

You should be worried just from a standpoint of it can be hard to climb out of a 0-2 hole, but obviously not having had OBJ 100% is an issue. 

You need to make that trade for Ajayi. Over the course of the season, I think you score more points with Carr  + Montgomery and Ajayi + Smith. Especially if the league happens to be ppr.  If you can get Galloday as well, it a completely steal. But that wouldn't be a breaking point for me. 

I'm not cutting Corey Davis - I'd cut Kamara and Mack before I cut him, and I've already cut Williams in my league, os I'd have no issues letting him go. Kamara just has too crowded of a field to get through for me to put trust in him that he will. Davis is on the field constantly, and he's legit. 

21 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Here's my perspective:

You don't have impact players on good teams

I'm not a Jay Ajayi fan but I could very well be wrong about him as he had a good game yesterday. But let's pretend like I like him:

Your RB2 is a guy who has struggled immensely so far and isn't even the full-time starter. I don't like him as more than a sometimes FLEX play. Plus, he's on a pretty underwhelming team.

Your two best players, Green and Odell are on putrid offenses. While they will get their points, they will come in bunches and won't be consistent. AJ also misses like 4 games a year.

I love Rudolph but if Sam is out for the year then he's toast.

Those are my very high level thoughts; you need good players on good teams who will get you medium-high -> high floors. I feel like you have a lot of boom or bust players.

---

Ty is better than Ajayi and is on a better team. He has a very clear floor as both a runner and a pass-catcher. Plus you get a QB who can consistently get you 18+ PPG

You need that floor

I'd try and make another trade too for a RB and see who's on the wire

I was offered Tevin Coleman and DeVante Parker for AJ...would Coleman be a significant upgrade? I might be able to sub Parker for Cobb. Yay or nay?

1 minute ago, Forge said:

You should be worried just from a standpoint of it can be hard to climb out of a 0-2 hole, but obviously not having had OBJ 100% is an issue. 

You need to make that trade for Ajayi. Over the course of the season, I think you score more points with Carr  + Montgomery and Ajayi + Smith. Especially if the league happens to be ppr.  If you can get Galloday as well, it a completely steal. But that wouldn't be a breaking point for me. 

I'm not cutting Corey Davis - I'd cut Kamara and Mack before I cut him, and I've already cut Williams in my league, os I'd have no issues letting him go. Kamara just has too crowded of a field to get through for me to put trust in him that he will. Davis is on the field constantly, and he's legit. 

Yeah thinking about it, I'm 2-0 right now If I made the trade when he offered it. Damn lol 

56 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Actually thinking of moving on from Jimmy Graham in PPR. Should I keep him on my bench?

For reference, the best TEs available are Hunter Henry, Charles Clay, Jared Cook and Zach Miller.

Depends on your bench situation. If you don't trust him right now, I get it, but I'd keep him on the bench. Wilson has had a tendency the last two years to start very slow for about the first 8-10 weeks from a fantasy perspective. Sure, it may never turn around, but nobody you're replacing Graham with has that kind of upside either. I typically don't keep two TE on the roster, but in this instance I probably would. 

16 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I was offered Tevin Coleman and DeVante Parker for AJ...would Coleman be a significant upgrade? I might be able to sub Parker for Cobb. Yay or nay?

Meh....I'm not super high on Coleman. I think the touch distribution in week one was more a product of game flow, and think that the more normal distribution would be akin to what we saw last night. Parker does seem like he's poised for a big season, and added bonus, he's already had his bye week, so you get him for the rest of the season. The major issue I have here is Coleman. Regardless of whether or not you trade Ajayi, Coleman's role would be as your RB2 (or flex if you have one). Is he giving you an improvement over Christian / Rogers (at least for the first few weeks) and Corey Davis? Because I don't think so. If you have no flex spot, this is just putting you in a position of debating on who to play every week. So he really accounts for nothing in this trade equation to me. Depth isn't a problem for you - it's the lack of top end talent that you have generating points. I like the Carr / Ty trade because I think that Carr will outscore Smith by more than Ajayi will outscore Montgomery, so it's a net positive . This trade isn't really "Coleman & Parker" for AJ - it's AJ and whoever you're benching in order to put Coleman in the lineup. In this case, I think that Green outscores Parker by more than Coleman outscores whoever you bench (and I'm not sure he even outscores who you are benching), so it's a net loss. 

Archived