Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Someone is offering Aaron Rodgers. He is willing to trade Rodgers for Phillip Rivers and Buck Allen.

Non-Ppr league

My QBs are Winston:Rivers

RBs: Murray/Henry, Gillislee, JStew, Mixon, Allen, Tolbert

i think i have enough solid WRs(assuming Jordys injury isnt bad) to only need 2 Rbs

Would you do it?

Yes. When does Buck Allen play for you...RB bye weeks, if that? They also just lost Yanda for the year. Maybe it's a big deal, maybe not. But Woodhead should be back eventually, West is still going to get short yardage attempts, and the Ravens have played the Bengals and Browns, two bad teams where the game was put away fairly early and it allowed them to sit on the game and grind out the clock. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yes. When does Buck Allen play for you...RB bye weeks, if that? They also just lost Yanda for the year. Maybe it's a big deal, maybe not. But Woodhead should be back eventually, West is still going to get short yardage attempts, and the Ravens have played the Bengals and Browns, two bad teams where the game was put away fairly early and it allowed them to sit on the game and grind out the clock. 

Tbh given his involvement the last 2 weeks I thought about starting him this week. My most consistent RB is a Patriot...that sucks. If Murray is out a long time then at least i know Henry is the guy. Mixon has had no chance and Jstew was awful vs a beatable Buffalo D. Tolbert is cut able 

So what do I do with Russell Wilson?  I'm kind of worried about my QB situation at the moment.  I picked up Alex Smith after week 1, but I don't have a ton of confidence in him getting consistent points either.  The rest of my team is carrying me at the moment.  I have:

QB Wilson

RB Melvin Gordon

WR Michael Thomas

WR Michael Crabtree

TE Charles Clay

WR/RB/TE  Kareem Hunt

WR/RB/TE Tevin Coleman

K Matt Pratter

DEF Arizona

Bench

Doug Martin

Pierre Garcon

Mike Wallace

Alex Smith

Dion Lewis

Antonio Gates

I feel like I'm in pretty good shape everywhere besides QB and TE.  Do you think the Seahawks offense will bounce back and I should stay put with Wilson? Or should I be trying to package him in a deal to upgrade at QB before his stock goes even further down?  

Also, would it be worth it to use a #4 overall waiver spot in a 14 -team league  to pick up Ben Watson and drop Dion Lewis?  Someone dropped Emmanuel Sanders, so I'll at least move up to #3, if I don't miraculously get him.   Should I put another claim in behind that for Watson?  

1 hour ago, RAVINGMADD said:

So what do I do with Russell Wilson?  I'm kind of worried about my QB situation at the moment.  I picked up Alex Smith after week 1, but I don't have a ton of confidence in him getting consistent points either.  The rest of my team is carrying me at the moment.  I have:

QB Wilson

RB Melvin Gordon

WR Michael Thomas

WR Michael Crabtree

TE Charles Clay

WR/RB/TE  Kareem Hunt

WR/RB/TE Tevin Coleman

K Matt Pratter

DEF Arizona

Bench

Doug Martin

Pierre Garcon

Mike Wallace

Alex Smith

Dion Lewis

Antonio Gates

I feel like I'm in pretty good shape everywhere besides QB and TE.  Do you think the Seahawks offense will bounce back and I should stay put with Wilson? Or should I be trying to package him in a deal to upgrade at QB before his stock goes even further down?  

Also, would it be worth it to use a #4 overall waiver spot in a 14 -team league  to pick up Ben Watson and drop Dion Lewis?  Someone dropped Emmanuel Sanders, so I'll at least move up to #3, if I don't miraculously get him.   Should I put another claim in behind that for Watson?  

I feel like if you're in a league where people are dropping the likes of Sanders, you want to hold that waiver priority dear, just in case...and I wouldn't blow that on Watson. To me, if you're not getting an elite tight end, I have no problems with just streaming them. A lot of them tend to be kind of the same by the end of the season, it's just a matter of hitting them on their good weeks. Plus, I'd be willing to take the chance that i can get Wallace after the waiver period expires and he's a true free agent. But I'm also the type that doesn't typically carry two tight ends, as is most of my leagues...so there are usually some decent TEs available for streaming purposes all throughout the year, and seldom are they snatched up on the waiver. 

Wilson has a long history of starting slow. The last two years he's been bottom half of the quarterback points through weeks 8 and 10...something like 17 and 23 or something. smith is not an ideal guy to start week in week out, though I will admit to being somewhat encouraged by his early play. I think that he could finish higher than people suspect. But I Think given Wilson's history, if you're uncomfortable with him, he' s a bench, not release. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Wilson has a long history of starting slow. The last two years he's been bottom half of the quarterback points through weeks 8 and 10...something like 17 and 23 or something. smith is not an ideal guy to start week in week out, though I will admit to being somewhat encouraged by his early play. I think that he could finish higher than people suspect. But I Think given Wilson's history, if you're uncomfortable with him, he' s a bench, not release. 

Do you see Wilson bouncing back, or is this offense just not that good?  I feel like I could still package him in a trade and get like a Phillip Rivers or Big Ben, maybe Brees.  If he keeps not scoring, people aren't going to be as interested later.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Should I be starting Wentz over Mariota and Russell Wilson at this point? 

I'd play the matchup game. I sat MM this week in a 2 qb league, but i started him in week one over Rivers. Wentz has been racking up the points so far, and I feel that the Titans are default run, so Wentz would be the guy I look to first, but if it's a juicy matchup for one of the other two, I'd be inclined to start them.

2 hours ago, RAVINGMADD said:

Do you see Wilson bouncing back, or is this offense just not that good?  I feel like I could still package him in a trade and get like a Phillip Rivers or Big Ben, maybe Brees.  If he keeps not scoring, people aren't going to be as interested later.

Two weeks is too early for me to write him and that offense off...but as a niner's fan having just watched them really struggle with us, I'm not enthused with them in the future. I'm still in a bench hold opinion on him (or trade).  If you can trade him and get nearly full value for the likes of Brees, I'd definitely do that depending on what else, if anything, you are giving up (a straight up trade I'd do in a heartbeat). Big Ben is a little hit and miss He's been awful on the road for over a year now. He wasn't particularly great in week one at Cleveland, but he wasn't bad. So that's something I would keep an eye on...maybe have a competent back up for games like at Baltimore and some of the other tough road game. Rivers can go into melt down mode and have one of those three int / 4 turnover games. My 3 man QB rotation in a 2 qb league is Big Ben, Rivers and MM. Big Ben will sit in more than one game this year, as will Rivers because of  the matchups. Brees would be the optimum.

So my QB situation is horrible with Dalton. I could pick up Bradford he's the best option on the free agency list by far, next is probably cutler lol. 

I got offered this trade in PPR

CAM

Kelvin Benjamin

James White

Mark Ingram

for 

Dez Bryant

Andy Dalton

Buck Allen

Sammy Watkins 

I'd be getting the cam side obviously.

Not a bad offer I'm gonna ask him if he'd take Buck and Ingram out of the deal. I'm not an Ingram fan, and at least Buck has been getting a bunch of touches, especially passes in that Baltimore offense.

im also really high on Dez this year, he's been a target monster but Dak has been pretty inconsistent.

what do you guys think? 

Edit: he also has Keenan Allen whom I like a lot and Ty Hilton who is a really good buy low candidate any way you think I could work one of them into a deal?

Other backs I have are Zeke, Crowell, Carson, 

other receivers I have are crabtree, Snead, hurns, and tyrell Williams.

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Who do you think puts up more points by seasons end...

Jay Ajayi - Christian McCaffrey - QB stream between Alex Smith, Trevor Seimian, Sam Bradford, Carson Wentz

Or 

CJ Anderson, Christian McCaffrey, Derek Carr 

Thanks for the help

I think top, but that is only if you pick the correct QB each week. Plus, it may get tough to have 4 QBs throughout a season.

20 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Ehhhh, I'd be a little worried tbh

I'd do the Ajayi for Ty and Carr trade 100/100x

I don't mind that trade.  Carr and Smith aren't that far apart, to be honest.  Montgomery and Ajayi might be similar values going forward.  If you truly value Carr as a big upgrade to Alex Smith, then by all means, do so.  I would much rather move Ajayi for a WR and RB though.  QB upgrades are rarely worth trading for.

19 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I was offered Tevin Coleman and DeVante Parker for AJ...would Coleman be a significant upgrade? I might be able to sub Parker for Cobb. Yay or nay?

No.

19 hours ago, Forge said:

Depends on your bench situation. If you don't trust him right now, I get it, but I'd keep him on the bench. Wilson has had a tendency the last two years to start very slow for about the first 8-10 weeks from a fantasy perspective. Sure, it may never turn around, but nobody you're replacing Graham with has that kind of upside either. I typically don't keep two TE on the roster, but in this instance I probably would. 

Yeah, I don't think you can drop or trade Graham, but you also can't start him.  I think I'd look at Miller, ASJ, or Ingram.

19 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Can I be worried about Olsen now? :P

For some reason Witten is available in my league. Hopefully the other guys that lost TEs this week don't notice and let me get him with the #6 waiver. 

Witten would be a steal.

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Someone is offering Aaron Rodgers. He is willing to trade Rodgers for Phillip Rivers and Buck Allen.

Non-Ppr league

My QBs are Winston:Rivers

RBs: Murray/Henry, Gillislee, JStew, Mixon, Allen, Tolbert

i think i have enough solid WRs(assuming Jordys injury isnt bad) to only need 2 Rbs

Would you do it?

Yeah, I would do that deal.

Archived