Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

Keeper league start went completely off the rails instantly. All off season I knew Rodgers would make it to me, then yesterday morning found out he wouldn't. That's alright I'm starting with 3 top 25ish backs including McCoy, and a WR. I'll grab AJ Green then another. AJ Green goes right before me... I'm stuck taking Fournette in the first. I hated it at the time but it's a 3 year keeper so I drafted for the future, then got the guy I almost took over him in Terrelle Pryor. 

Question who would you rather have as a starting QB where long plays are rewarded and rushing for QB's is double. Kirk Cousins, or Marcus Mariota? Mariota is 400 cheaper (total cap is 52k). I think Mariota is primed to break out but having the Cousins connection is very appealing to me. 

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm at pick 3 in a 12 team standard scoring league. I am assuming Bell and David Johnson go 1 and 2.

I am heavily considering going Shady McCoy over Antonio Brown at 3 because of the lack of RB depth. Then picking up Crowell, Lamar Miller, or Fournette in Round. I'll get much better WR's than RB's in Rounds 3 and 4.

Even thinking I could go Shady, Crowell, Lamar Miller rounds 1-3 and then get WR's like Devante Adams and Golden Tate as my starters in Rounds 4 and 5.

Thoughts on that plan? 

I dont think its so bad to do that. Depends on how you feel about the later rounds and if you like WRs later than it sets you up that way

Who are some late round QBs you like this year? 

Also, in my 12-team league, 6 points per passing TD...2 guys always take QBs early so I would expect Rodgers and Brady going in the first 2 rounds. But the rest of the guys tend to use the same wait on a QB strategy so usually QBs go 2-3 rounds below their ADP. The 3rd guy whether it be Brees or whoever...how long are you willing to wait before you're like...yeah this guy is a steal, I need to take him. 

Big money keeper league (PPR 12 team)

We have a different draft procedure where we redraw after every 2 rounds.  We also have to fill out a roster in full before drafting bench spots.... i.e.  2 TE, 2Def, 2 kickers. 

This is a point league, not a head to head. This league has huge bonus point structures for long TD's and such.

Start 2 RB and 2 WR or 1 RB and 3WR.

My keeper is Bell.  Just want to get thoughts on positional strategy for drafting.  

I'm in a 14 team dynasty league and am trying to decide on a 2nd QB. I have Matt Ryan. Do I take an older option like a Phillip Rivers or Eli Manning who have more value this season? Or do I take a younger option like Carson Wentz or one of the rookies for the future?

2 hours ago, Lieker said:

I'm in a 14 team dynasty league and am trying to decide on a 2nd QB. I have Matt Ryan. Do I take an older option like a Phillip Rivers or Eli Manning who have more value this season? Or do I take a younger option like Carson Wentz or one of the rookies for the future?

you sit and wait and get a 2nd QB later.  Ryan is your starter for all but the bye week for the next 5+ years aside from some injury

Ok so keepers for my 10 team half point, 2 QB league have been set.  I have the 12th and 13th picks and these are the players I believe most likely for me to be looking at:

Gronk, Dez, Zeke, and Wilson

So how would you rank these players, given these are my keepers

Hilton for a 3rd

Cooper-4th

Ware-16th

Prosise-15th

Again, 2QB setup and after these first two picks I won't be making a live selection until the 5th round.

9 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Who are some late round QBs you like this year? 

Also, in my 12-team league, 6 points per passing TD...2 guys always take QBs early so I would expect Rodgers and Brady going in the first 2 rounds. But the rest of the guys tend to use the same wait on a QB strategy so usually QBs go 2-3 rounds below their ADP. The 3rd guy whether it be Brees or whoever...how long are you willing to wait before you're like...yeah this guy is a steal, I need to take him. 

I guess I'm curious what you mean late round. In terms of value i see in my rankings compared to ESPN's, I have vs ESPN

Dak #6, but ESPN at 12

Mariota #10-ESPN 13

But those are more starters in a 12 team league:

I have Eli as #16(ESPN 19), Rivers 13(ESPN 17)

They both either got guys back healthy or new toys to throw to

Help me out?

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/1471-best-team-in-our-league/

8 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Big money keeper league (PPR 12 team)

We have a different draft procedure where we redraw after every 2 rounds.  We also have to fill out a roster in full before drafting bench spots.... i.e.  2 TE, 2Def, 2 kickers. 

This is a point league, not a head to head. This league has huge bonus point structures for long TD's and such.

Start 2 RB and 2 WR or 1 RB and 3WR.

My keeper is Bell.  Just want to get thoughts on positional strategy for drafting.  

I would value WRs more and tend to go more there because they will be more valuable in a PPR league and if you can start 3 and 1 RB instead of 2-1-2, I would focus more on that and there are probably more WRs than RBs that will score you bonuses for long TDs as well. Plus if you are keeping Bell, you are all set at RB. Odds are the best RB/WRs available will favor WR in terms of points so really it comes down to the 4th after you have Bell, 2 Wrs you can take whichever will average the most points. 

Help me out please, vote and comment:

3 hours ago, Lieker said:

Definitely take a younger guy. Rivers and Eli simply aren't better and provide less value in the future too. Ryan is still young enough to be valuable for years. Don't take one too early though, you have a Top-5 QB. Unless you need to start 2, you can afford to wait:

14 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Ok so keepers for my 10 team half point, 2 QB league have been set.  I have the 12th and 13th picks and these are the players I believe most likely for me to be looking at:

Gronk, Dez, Zeke, and Wilson

So how would you rank these players, given these are my keepers

Hilton for a 3rd

Cooper-4th

Ware-16th

Prosise-15th

Again, 2QB setup and after these first two picks I won't be making a live selection until the 5th round.

2 QB league, how many are kept? I feel like if it is a QB league you have almost no choice but to take Wilson. If you have to wait until Round 5, most of the good QBs will be taken by then and you will likely be screwed for the season since it favors QBs so heavily. I wouldn't take Dez compared to the others. If it is a keeper league, odds are Zeke will be worth a 1st round pick for years to come so if you are willing to bite the bullet this year, i'd take him. If not, I would roll the dice with Gronk

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I would value WRs more and tend to go more there because they will be more valuable in a PPR league and if you can start 3 and 1 RB instead of 2-1-2, I would focus more on that and there are probably more WRs than RBs that will score you bonuses for long TDs as well. Plus if you are keeping Bell, you are all set at RB. Odds are the best RB/WRs available will favor WR in terms of points so really it comes down to the 4th after you have Bell, 2 Wrs you can take whichever will average the most points. 

That was my initial thought but if I draw an early pick, do I go elite receiver or take another top back and go receiver next two or three. I'm strongly considering reaching early for either Brady, Brees or Ryan as those are top scoring Qb's by a fair margin. That would be after having my top two obviously....... can't teach that far!!!

13 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

That was my initial thought but if I draw an early pick, do I go elite receiver or take another top back and go receiver next two or three. I'm strongly considering reaching early for either Brady, Brees or Ryan as those are top scoring Qb's by a fair margin. That would be after having my top two obviously....... can't teach that far!!!

I don't want to go QB early because i think it costs you a top-WR/RB and in a ppr league. Even with 6 points per TD, the PPR format swings the pendulum more in favor of RB/WR than QB. The difference from going from 4 pt per TD to 6 and the #1 guy and the 10th winds up being like 1 ppg but in a PPR league the difference is much larger between RB/WRs

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

2 QB league, how many are kept? I feel like if it is a QB league you have almost no choice but to take Wilson. If you have to wait until Round 5, most of the good QBs will be taken by then and you will likely be screwed for the season since it favors QBs so heavily. I wouldn't take Dez compared to the others. If it is a keeper league, odds are Zeke will be worth a 1st round pick for years to come so if you are willing to bite the bullet this year, i'd take him. If not, I would roll the dice with Gronk

For some more context, I feel pretty confident in one of Newton, Stafford or maybe even Cousins being there in the 5th.  It's riskier passing on Wilson but it could pay off if one of them is there.

Additionally we do 4 keepers and first rounders can't be kept.  Meaning with a 2nd rounder this year I'd be able to keep Zeke for one more year.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I don't want to go QB early because i think it costs you a top-WR/RB and in a ppr league. Even with 6 points per TD, the PPR format swings the pendulum more in favor of RB/WR than QB. The difference from going from 4 pt per TD to 6 and the #1 guy and the 10th winds up being like 1 ppg but in a PPR league the difference is much larger between RB/WRs

Qb's get 6 just like RB/WR. A-Rod, Brees and Ryan all got 600, 599 and 595 respectively in my league last year. Brady was at sub 500 but obviously he missed some games.  

Archived