Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

17 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Qb's get 6 just like RB/WR. A-Rod, Brees and Ryan all got 600, 599 and 595 respectively in my league last year. Brady was at sub 500 but obviously he missed some games.  

How do they get 600? With 40 TDs and 5000 yards thats 240 plus 200? Assuming no turnovers

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How do they get 600? With 40 TDs and 5000 yards thats 240 plus 200? Assuming no turnovers

Bonus for long TD. Longer the TD, higher the bonus. With that information, does reaching for one of those QB's make sense? Also bonuses once you go over 300 yards, 400 yards etc.

17 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Bonus for long TD. Longer the TD, higher the bonus. With that information, does reaching for one of those QB's make sense? Also bonuses once you go over 300 yards, 400 yards etc.

If thats the case, i get going QB early. Rodgers maybe more than Brady. Maybe even Brees too since he is crazy high in yards

Did you comment in my thread yet? Love to hear opinions more than just votes

Keeper question.  Keep a total of 4... PPR league.  I'm pretty sure about 2 keepers:

• Lesean McCoy (1st round cost)
  • Terrell Pryor (18th round/in season FA pickup)

So it's really between the following for my last two spots:

• DeAndre Hopkins (2nd) - contract year, QB can't be as bad as it was last year, can it?
  • Ameer Abdullah (17th) - The value seems off the chart for a likely starting RB
  • Derrick Carr (11th) - This is about his expected draft position, so value doesn't seem as great as Abdullah's... although the potential for a top 5 QB season makes it an attractive option.
  • Tevin Coleman (14th)/Theo Riddick (12th) - Both have some upside especially in a PPR, I just don't think either's above Abdullah's

I'm leaning Hopkins and Abdullah, giving me decent starting/flex options at RB-RB-WR-WR, with picks in rounds 3-16 intact.  But going with Carr (over Hopkins) gives me back my 2nd rounder... and maybe an upgrade there (although that's no certainty... I won't know what players will be available until after the keeper deadline).  

On a side note, I drafted Lynch in the 18th round last year, thinking he'd unretire.  Too bad I cut him not thinking he'd be back this year... d'oh!! 

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I'm leaning Hopkins

Hopkins scares me because of that QB situation. I got burned by him hard last year and still don't feel great about his QB' s. I'm trying to avoid him if possible. Although he is on my Dynasty Team, but I increased the talent at WR around him and look at him like my WR 3. If personally look harder at Adulllah but his health and emergance of Theo Riddick is concerning

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Keeper question.  Keep a total of 4... PPR league.  I'm pretty sure about 2 keepers:

• Lesean McCoy (1st round cost)
  • Terrell Pryor (18th round/in season FA pickup)

So it's really between the following for my last two spots:

• DeAndre Hopkins (2nd) - contract year, QB can't be as bad as it was last year, can it?
  • Ameer Abdullah (17th) - The value seems off the chart for a likely starting RB
  • Derrick Carr (11th) - This is about his expected draft position, so value doesn't seem as great as Abdullah's... although the potential for a top 5 QB season makes it an attractive option.
  • Tevin Coleman (14th)/Theo Riddick (12th) - Both have some upside especially in a PPR, I just don't think either's above Abdullah's

I'm leaning Hopkins and Abdullah, giving me decent starting/flex options at RB-RB-WR-WR, with picks in rounds 3-16 intact.  But going with Carr (over Hopkins) gives me back my 2nd rounder... and maybe an upgrade there (although that's no certainty... I won't know what players will be available until after the keeper deadline).  

On a side note, I drafted Lynch in the 18th round last year, thinking he'd unretire.  Too bad I cut him not thinking he'd be back this year... d'oh!! 

I think Hopkins is too high of a cost. He just like Allen Robinson are very talented but their QB situation didn't get any better in the offseason. Depending on scoring settings and # of teams, I don't have Carr in my Top-10. Abdullah is definitely worth a shot at that cost. Coleman/Riddick are very solid PPR options. Coleman is better, costs less but if you have any concerns with Abdullah it might be better to handcuff him. I'd go Coleman and Abdullah

Help me out please, vote and comment:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/1471-best-team-in-our-league/

So this is a good problem to have, but I need to drop down this list to 3 keepers. It's a 12 team, 0.5 PPR league where we have an OP position that essentially makes it 2QB.

Jordan Howard

Jordy Nelson

Julio Jones

Gronk

Mike Evans

Right now I have Jordy, Howard, and Julio looked in. But I'm very torn on that last spot between Evans and Jordy.

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Haha thanks, meant Jordan Howard. Clearly need another Monday cup of coffee

LOL it happens.  I'd stick with Jordy over Evans if that is your hold up.  Evans may have the higher ceiling but Jordy is safer.  It's really up to you though, as higher risk could lead to higher reward.

I may consider Evans over Howard though considering Howard isn't a pass catcher (.5 ppr) and he may see some stacked boxes this year.  Not that he'll bust but he could be limited some by that.  Only way I wouldn't keep him though is if an RB1 is on the board where you pick so you have at least one on your team.  With 3 keepers though it sounds unlikely.

Archived