Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

2 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Make that trade in a heart beat. You have the Titans spot locked up and JStew is still going to be decent until Mixon explodes onto the scene.

You think? I feel like West could be a decent #2 for Baltimore. Get TDs and a decent amount of work with Dixon hurt

23 hours ago, pengu said:

Another fantasy season and another season of optimism as I have not made the playoff in 3 years :$ so no pressure on the advice :D

I am in a 12 team standard league (#2 pick) and I am having trouble figuring out my round 2/3 turn which is pick 23 and 26.

If Zeke drop there would you draft him over the likes of  Gronk, Baldwin, Cooper, Gurley,  Miller, Crowell? As I hoping to pick him up up along with Gronk, Baldin, or Cooper (best case scenario).

I don't typically reach for TE and/or QB but if Kelce and/or Brady are available in the 4/5 turn (pick47/50).  Would that be consider great value and a must pick?

Yeah, imagine a draft plan of Bell-Gronk-Zeke-Brady as your core then just stockpile WRs.  That team should be hard to beat come playoffs.

18 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Thoughts on this team? 12 team money league.

2 Flex spots. Going to Keeper this year.

QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton

RB: Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Tevin Coleman, Kareem Hunt

WR: Allen Robinson, Jamison Crowder, Corey Coleman, Zay Jones

TE: Jason Witten, Evan Engram

D/ST: Panthers

K: Cairo Santos

Scoring:

Passing

Passing Yards (PY) 0.04   TD Pass (PTD) 6
Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2   2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2

Rushing

Rushing Yards (RY) 0.1   TD Rush (RTD) 6
2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2    

Receiving

Receiving Yards (REY) 0.1   Each reception (REC) 0.5
TD Reception (RETD) 6   2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2

Miscellaneous

Kickoff Return TD (KRTD) 6   Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6
Fumble Recovered for TD (FTD) 6   Total Fumbles Lost (FUML) -2
Interception Return TD (INTTD) 6   Fumble Return TD (FRTD) 6
Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD) 6   2pt Return (2PTRET) 2
1pt Safety (1PSF) 1    

Kicking

Each PAT Made (PAT) 1   Total FG Missed (FGM) -1
FG Made (0-39 yards) (FG0) 3   FG Made (40-49 yards) (FG40) 4
FG Made (50+ yards) (FG50) 5    

Team Defense / Special Teams

Each Sack (SK) 1   Interception Return TD (INTTD) 6
Fumble Return TD (FRTD) 6   Kickoff Return TD (KRTD) 6
Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6   Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD) 6
Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 2   Each Interception (INT) 2
Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2   Each Safety (SF) 2
0 points allowed (PA0) 7   1-6 points allowed (PA1) 5
7-13 points allowed (PA7) 4   14-17 points allowed (PA14) 3
18-21 points allowed (PA18) 1   28-34 points allowed (PA28) -2
35-45 points allowed (PA35) -5   46+ points allowed (PA46) -7
Less than 100 total yards allowed (YA100) 5   100-199 total yards allowed (YA199) 3
200-299 total yards allowed (YA299) 2   350-399 total yards allowed (YA399) -1
400-449 total yards allowed (YA449) -3   450-499 total yards allowed (YA499) -5
500-549 total yards allowed (YA549) -6   550+ total yards allowed (YA550) -7
2pt Return (2PTRET) 2   1pt Safety (1PSF) 1

QB and RB are solid, but your WRs and TEs are extremely weak.  I don't understand drafting a backup to Brady.  Wasted roster spot.

17 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Just for fun...say you're draft goes like this...

1. David Johnson
2. Lev Bell
3. Antonio Brown
4.Julio Jones
5. Odell Beckham 
6. Lesean McCoy 
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Devonta Freeman 
9. AJ Green 
10. Tom Brady 
11. Mike Evans 

You have the 12-13 turn, what route do you go? I tend to lean toward the Doubling down at a certain position, so do you go Jordy Nelson and Michael Thomas, do you go Melvin Gordon and DeMarco Murray or do you go one WR and one RB? 

I'd go Nelson and Gordon.  I wouldn't hone in on doubling down just because.

17 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

We have 2 guys that like taking QBs early and you rip on my entire league? We've been together for 9 years and it's actually extremely competitive. Every league has a guy or two that is sub par. 

Don't gotta be a **** about it. 

You need to relax man.  He was clearly kidding.

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I love Jordy more than Thomas and Gordon more than Murray and Thomas so I'd take Jordy and Gordon. Not only are they the best imo but by taking RB/WR, you don't have to pigeon-hole yourself in round 3 and 4. If you go RB/RB or WR/WR then you feel like you either can't take one again or forced to take someone else who might not be best value

Here is my team:

What do you think and would you trade T. West for Allen Robinson?

RB: D. Murray, Mixon, Gillislee, T. West, Perkins, J-Stew, D. Henry

WR: Jordy, Michael Thomas, L Fitz, J. Matthews

Really nice team, and yes, I would trade West for Robinson on sheer value alone.

I posed this question before, didn't much response. In a standard league at pick 3, I'm really think going Shady McCoy over Antonio Brown. I feel like the RB board is going to be decimated before I pick again and there will be better WR's to have than RB's in Rounds 2-5.

Terrible idea? 

Well I got shut out on QB's (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, WIlson, Cousins, Mariota, Winston, Prescot, Carr) who should I gamble on? Luck, Newton (Rushing is double for QB), Rivers. Should I grab Luck, Goff, and a cheaper later tier guy in case of injury? Or should I grab Luck and Wentz. There are salary caps attached to the picks as well. Luck is the most expensive, newton and Rivers are comparable. I need to draft 2 QB's minimum for roster requirements.

Rest of my team so far

McCoy, Fournette, Ingram, Riddick

Jeffrey, Pryor, M. Bryant, Tyrell Williams, Watkins

Olsen.

Need 2 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 2 DEF, 2 K

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I posed this question before, didn't much response. In a standard league at pick 3, I'm really think going Shady McCoy over Antonio Brown. I feel like the RB board is going to be decimated before I pick again and there will be better WR's to have than RB's in Rounds 2-5.

Terrible idea? 

No, not a terrible idea at all. There are a crap ton of #1 quality receivers all the way until the 5th round. Which makes me want a RB in round 1 as well. Everytime I'm choosing my #1 RB in rounds 2 or 3, i never like the look of my team. I'm always ultra thin at rb. 

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Terrible idea? 

I don't think its a bad idea at all. He is the 3rd best RB and tbh i don't have Brown as the #1 WR so i would probably take Mccoy there too

What do you think of my trade?

2 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Well I got shut out on QB's (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, WIlson, Cousins, Mariota, Winston, Prescot, Carr) who should I gamble on? Luck, Newton (Rushing is double for QB), Rivers. Should I grab Luck, Goff, and a cheaper later tier guy in case of injury? Or should I grab Luck and Wentz. There are salary caps attached to the picks as well. Luck is the most expensive, newton and Rivers are comparable. I need to draft 2 QB's minimum for roster requirements.

Rest of my team so far

McCoy, Fournette, Ingram, Riddick

Jeffrey, Pryor, M. Bryant, Tyrell Williams, Watkins

Olsen.

Need 2 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 2 DEF, 2 K

I would definitely take Luck and Rivers/Cam. Luck is a Top-6 fantasy QB when healthy. If he misses 1 game then Cam/Rivers can bridge the gap. If forced to draft 2, don't waste a spot on Goff. Wentz would be a high upside guy but maybe don't tie him to Luck since the risk is there

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I would definitely take Luck and Rivers/Cam. Luck is a Top-6 fantasy QB when healthy. If he misses 1 game then Cam/Rivers can bridge the gap. If forced to draft 2, don't waste a spot on Goff. Wentz would be a high upside guy but maybe don't tie him to Luck since the risk is there

That is a tough call if it's PPR I would do the trade to increase your depth alone. Allen Robinson has QB issues which scares me but you are pretty deep at HB. 

Also it's one of the 3 top guys I can't afford 2 of them. It's a salary cap league Luck is the 3rd highest paid player in the league. That's the only reason I'm entertaining Goff because he is a starting QB for under 3k. Wentz is slightly higher at 3170. Buy 2 of those 3 guys would cost me 10k+ which would lock up 20% of my cap in 2 guys one of which will be able to be started a week. I can't allocate that much into a back up. 

Reasons I'm leaning towards Luck, he's the best QB of the 3. 

Reasons I'm leaning towards Newton: Double rushing stats for QB's, Easiest schedule per SOS for QB's, cheaper, could be playing this week. Luck's OL is bad, and their center is out for 6-8 weeks

27 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

That is a tough call if it's PPR I would do the trade to increase your depth alone. Allen Robinson has QB issues which scares me but you are pretty deep at HB. 

Also it's one of the 3 top guys I can't afford 2 of them. It's a salary cap league Luck is the 3rd highest paid player in the league. That's the only reason I'm entertaining Goff because he is a starting QB for under 3k. Wentz is slightly higher at 3170. Buy 2 of those 3 guys would cost me 10k+ which would lock up 20% of my cap in 2 guys one of which will be able to be started a week. I can't allocate that much into a back up. 

Reasons I'm leaning towards Luck, he's the best QB of the 3. 

Reasons I'm leaning towards Newton: Double rushing stats for QB's, Easiest schedule per SOS for QB's, cheaper, could be playing this week. Luck's OL is bad, and their center is out for 6-8 weeks

Idk i think I'm just worried West is the guy and will be an easy #2 for me but he just might be a higher volume but less effective TD dependent rb

Back to your thing, what are the costs for everyone? I missed the salary cap costs. Yea Newton gets a huge boost for running but thats if he is old Cam. Didnt cam have just 300 or so yards rushing? Are rushing TDs worth double too?

Archived