What Should Eagles do with Nick Foles

JayWood2010

Just now, eagles18 said:

I personally don't see how NIck Foles WON'T get a first round pick in a trade. Why? Sam Bradford garnered a 1st and 4th and that dude didn't do squat in his entire career. This guy just won the big one. 

I honestly think we'll see a team get desperate after the draft and get a 2019 2nd at some point.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I love how every FF of a team that needs a QB is scoffing at the idea of Nick Foles as their starter. And they all say "He's just a system QB". WTF does that really mean?

To me it means "Our coaches are too ****ty to adapt to what a QB does well."

This is so true. 

There are very few people on the planet who can make the throws that Nick Foles made against the Patriots and Vikings on top of having good decision making and protecting the football. 

If you put him in the right situation, you'll win with him. 

Foles is gone.  The idea that he will be back as a #2 is absurd.

I expect something like the following:

Arizona gets:  Foles, 4th, 5th

Philadelphia gets:  2nd, 3rd, 7th

That is the equivalent of the 33rd/34th pick overall for Foles and completely restocks the draft.  Remember, the number of picks is important, too.

He is a good fit in AZ.  I broke it down in their forum.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I was looking on the Jets forum scoffing at the idea of Nick Foles when they are sporting Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty haha.

I've noticed from doing mocks around here that most people on here tremendously undervalue QB comparatively to actual NFL GM's.

I can tell you from watching him in person many times. Christian Hackenberg is garbage. Pretty boy, s*** QB.

Would love to keep him as a backup, but the potential draft capital is more valuable than the insurance Foles offers. 

While the team doesn't have an immediate glaring need; there are plenty of spots to fill and very little cap space to do so. Grabbing a 2nd + 4th potentially nets us a potential starter (LB?) and some depth somewhere else. If we can get even more all the better. 

If the market isn't there, then I would happily hold onto him for 1 more season if I were Howie. 

1 hour ago, Eagles27 said:

Would love to keep him as a backup, but the potential draft capital is more valuable than the insurance Foles offers. 

While the team doesn't have an immediate glaring need; there are plenty of spots to fill and very little cap space to do so. Grabbing a 2nd + 4th potentially nets us a potential starter (LB?) and some depth somewhere else. If we can get even more all the better. 

If the market isn't there, then I would happily hold onto him for 1 more season if I were Howie. 

We are taking a linebacker at 32 that is literally our only need fam. 

Archived