What Should Eagles do with Nick Foles

JayWood2010

14 minutes ago, 808 said:

4rxo51.jpg

You're right. All these GMs want to be losers. Sam Bradford? Hah. Kirk Cousins? Hah. Jimmy freaking Garolpololol? Hah. Alex Smith? Hah. 

All mediocre losers who will never win it all. Nick Foles is a champion who can out-duel Tom Brady. The fans of these teams should be ashamed of their franchise.

On Saturday, Eagles coach Doug Pederson explained to NFL Network's Steve Wyche at the NFL Annual Meeting in Orlando why they're hanging onto Foles. It turns out, it's rather simple. They just never got a crazy offer.

"We did not," Pederson said when asked if they got any interesting offers, via NFL.com. "Nothing too crazy. It had to be the right deal for us to do that. But there wasn't anything coming down our way for Nick."

And so, that means Foles will likely return to the Eagles as their backup quarterback and mentor to Carson Wentz, who was in the midst of an MVP season before tearing his ACL in December.

I disagree with the bold from this article. There's plenty of time to make a move still. It may not be in time for this year's draft, but recall that we traded Sam Bradford like a week before the regular season started. Injuries happen in the off-season all the time. When Bradford breaks both of his legs in the first OTA, Arizona will come calling for Nicky Nine Yards.

34 minutes ago, Phire said:

I disagree with the bold from this article. There's plenty of time to make a move still. It may not be in time for this year's draft, but recall that we traded Sam Bradford like a week before the regular season started. Injuries happen in the off-season all the time. When Bradford breaks both of his legs in the first OTA, Arizona will come calling for Nicky Nine Yards.

I don't think so.The Vikings were in a precarious position, in large part because they had a roster that was capable of competing for a deep playoff run. Arizona is in shambles and unless they think Nick is the answer long term, which based on the fact they didn't have any interest in trading for him, tells me that is likely not the case. You don't trade for one year of Nick Foles, unless you have an elite team and your starting QB goes down.  If you think he's the future, you would've already put a deal on the table for him.

1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

I don't think so.The Vikings were in a precarious position, in large part because they had a roster that was capable of competing for a deep playoff run. Arizona is in shambles and unless they think Nick is the answer long term, which based on the fact they didn't have any interest in trading for him, tells me that is likely not the case. You don't trade for one year of Nick Foles, unless you have an elite team and your starting QB goes down.  If you think he's the future, you would've already put a deal on the table for him.

I used Arizona as an example. Anybody can get hurt this offseason. It doesn't have to be Arizona. A team in the Vikings position might lose their QB in practice. They'll come calling. I didn't say it HAD to be Arizona. I was just making a joke since they'll be in the QB market at some point since they thought hanging their hat on Sam Bradford was a good idea.

Only scenario I can see happening right now is that the Bills completely strike out from moving up in the draft and they'd rather give up some picks for Foles rather than reach for Jackson (if they feel he is a reach) or Rudolph in the first.

I mean would you rather spend #12 on Jackson or spend 22 on Foles or a pair of 2nds and a 4th or something on Foles.

But know NFL teams they'll somehow convince themselves that Mason Rudolph is better than the Super Bowl MVP

26 minutes ago, Phire said:

I used Arizona as an example. Anybody can get hurt this offseason. It doesn't have to be Arizona. A team in the Vikings position might lose their QB in practice. They'll come calling. I didn't say it HAD to be Arizona. I was just making a joke since they'll be in the QB market at some point since they thought hanging their hat on Sam Bradford was a good idea.

I understand, I'm just saying why I doubt a team like Arizona would be interested even if they lost Bradford/Glennon. 

It was basically the perfect storm for the Eagles to be able to trade Bradford and get the value that they did.  With Foles, unless you think he's a future longterm franchise QB for your team (which if you believe the trade winds, few seem to think) it doesn't really make sense to trade for him unless you have an elite team and your starting QB goes down.  Unfortunately, that's not very common.

27 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Nick just turned 29. He could easily head a franchise for 4-5 years of quality play until a team finds a QBotF. 

He could just as easily sign a big deal and be woefully inconsistent as he has been most of his career.

Archived