So Brandon Graham's arms are, in fact, long enough

Phire

I woke up again and watched highlights. Again. Still in disbelief.

I can't believe we literally won the game due to Brandon Graham's arm. We won a freaking Super Bowl because Brandon Graham's arm was, in fact, long enough. Somewhere, PowerElite is thinking of us.

The "B-Rex" meme is one of the original FF Eagles Forum memes. It's been around for nearly a decade. And it full circled into a Lombardi.

From 2012:

With health troubles limiting him to 16 games over his first two seasons in the NFL, Philadelphia Eaglesdefensive end Brandon Graham has acknowledged that he's a "bust," a label that he's going to use as motivation heading into the 2012 season.

"Right now, I'm a bust, so I'm going to deal with that," Graham said, according to Jonathan Tamari of the Philadelphia Inquirer. "I'm a bust, and I'm going to keep being a bust. Even when I make plays, I'm going to still act like I'm a bust. You know what I'm saying?"

brandon-graham-sack.jpg

Graham's arm length measurement at the combine is specious. I suspect human error was involved, especially considering the way his arms appear and the 30" measurement at the Senior Bowl. All scouts and people involved with the game state that he has short arms. Trent Cole wasn't knocked for having short arms because they are obviously average to the eye and to the combine measurement.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=489034

I have no idea how I managed to find this considering the old FF has been scrapped from google search for some reason, but I remembered this thread and suspected it was around the Ingram draft class. When the legend brought his crusade against horizontally challenged arms into NFL gen.

There is a fundamental aspect to short arms being a negative for a pass rusher. They are not able to do the following at elite levels: stack and shed, bullrush, keep linemen away from their body. 
Also, it limits their ability to strip the QB and sack the QB from certain positions that only an extra long outstretched arm could accomplish. Short arms also result in less pass deflections. 

There are a litany of reasons why not to value a guy with short arms highly. The 2012 draft isn't the first draft of short armed pass rushers. These guys even have less effectiveness on the college level so you have to have 32" + arms to even really be in good position to get noticed as a top NFL pass rushing prospect. Again, look to the NFL all time sack leader list and see how many you would classify as having arms under 32"...

Image result for brandon graham super bowl

Image result for antonio banderas gif

Archived