The Recovery Thread

ET80

Our entire franchise is in limbo right now. All signs point to Watson being able to get to 100%. My question is what that means. Will he be the guy he was last season? If that guy shows up next year with an improved Offensive line, a healthy Miller/Foreman duo and a motivated Hopkins/Fuller pair on the outside, then we could be the best offense in football. Watson was that good last season. So was the offense once they took the reigns off of him. 

If he is hesitant to run, doesnt move around well in the pocket or deals with injuries again, the franchise will be picking in the top 5 

Speaking of Foreman, I havent heard anything from him, he suffered a really bad injury, perhaps even worse than an ACL tear. I am not sure he will ever be the same either. 

Watt is finished. he might return to be average, but he was obviously a much lesser player last season before the injury and i dont expect this to help. I fear the day is coming when we have to look at how much he is getting paid and how he is performing on the field and we will have to decide whether its a business or a life time achievement award. 

Mercilus i expect to be back, and in good shape. I figure he will drop some weight and make himself a little faster, but he is going to be trading strength for speed with the injury he suffered. 

Last year was the perfect storm. we bet this years draft on Watson, and he got hurt. We let several players go like Bouye to bet on Kevin Johnson and he sucks. We let Brandon Brooks walk a few years back and drafted Filo....no need to mention how that turned out. 

Surely this season has to be better. 

On 2/7/2018 at 10:19 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

Speaking of Foreman, I havent heard anything from him, he suffered a really bad injury, perhaps even worse than an ACL tear. I am not sure he will ever be the same either. 

A torn achilles is basically a death sentence for a skill position player - won't be able to run with the same power or quickness now, which is what made him an interesting option to begin with. I am thinking he's going to be about as effective as Ron Dayne was from here on out. Sad, was very high on him.

On 2/7/2018 at 10:19 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

Mercilus i expect to be back, and in good shape. I figure he will drop some weight and make himself a little faster, but he is going to be trading strength for speed with the injury he suffered. 

A few people were saying that if we were playing for anything by week 16/17, Mercilius could have been available via IR return. I'm expecting him to be that shot in the arm next season, the lynchpin to the defense.

This could be the hire of the offseason.  The Texans strength and conditioning department have been asleep at the wheel for years including failing to properly supervise JJ Watt's rehab, missing Watson's ACL tear in the Seattle game, steroid culture, weight room injuries like Merc's pec, Kevin Johnson still not having a NFL body, and the abysmal shape of Jeff Allen and XSF.  Dude has a rep as an injury avoider and after last season that should be music to our ears.

https://www.battleredblog.com/2018/2/9/16996938/houston-texans-coaching-news-texans-hire-new-strength-conditioning-coach

On 2/9/2018 at 7:26 PM, Apollo Stallion said:

This could be the hire of the offseason.  The Texans strength and conditioning department have been asleep at the wheel for years including failing to properly supervise JJ Watt's rehab, missing Watson's ACL tear in the Seattle game, steroid culture, weight room injuries like Merc's pec, Kevin Johnson still not having a NFL body, and the abysmal shape of Jeff Allen and XSF.  Dude has a rep as an injury avoider and after last season that should be music to our ears.

https://www.battleredblog.com/2018/2/9/16996938/houston-texans-coaching-news-texans-hire-new-strength-conditioning-coach

This will be our best hire by far

Archived