How does this SB effect Tom Brady's status of all time?

mdonnelly21

105 members have voted

1. 1. How did this SB Effect Tom Brady's Status

• It was a surplus to his career by a lot
    • It was surplus to his career by a little
    • It did not help or hurt
    • It hurt his career

Just now, Carmen Cygni said:

And there's an argument for and against that.

Sure, that argument against it is wrong, but ok.

Tom Brady had a ridiculous game. It's on their defense. If you knock Tom Brady for this Super Bowl loss then you're a fool.

Super Bowl 42? They only scored 14 points, that one you can dock him for. Super Bowl 46 they only scored 17 points, you can dock him for that one. 

This one is completely on the defense.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sure, that argument against it is wrong, but ok.

Tom Brady had a ridiculous game. It's on their defense. If you knock Tom Brady for this Super Bowl loss then you're a fool.

Super Bowl 42? They only scored 14 points, that one you can dock him for. Super Bowl 46 they only scored 17 points, you can dock him for that one. 

This one is completely on the defense.

I get that you're currently stuck in the moment and savoring it, congrats, but I have that view (Brady top 5 all-time) regardless of his pretty performance this past Super Bowl. And it's not wrong, there have been a lot of great players to play QB for the NFL and I don't let team accomplishments cloud my judgement.

He was the GOAT before the game, and left the GOAT after the game. His performance was great for the most part. Missed some throws and had a bad fumble, but for the majority of the game he was carrying a team that played no defense at all and had some STs blunders. This was a flawed team that still made the SB and competed with the best team mainly due to Brady's greatness. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He was the GOAT before the game, and left the GOAT after the game. His performance was great for the most part. Missed some throws and had a bad fumble, but for the majority of the game he was carrying a team that played no defense at all and had some STs blunders. This was a flawed team that still made the SB and competed with the best team mainly due to Brady's greatness. 

giphy.gif

As a Pats fan I am very bias but it does not change my opinion that he is the best QB of all time. He straight up gives you the best chance to win a game and there is no such thing as a safe lead against him. You win and lose as a team, so he has to accept this lose as much as he takes credit for the ones they win. It does look bad when you look at as a win percentage but at the end of the day I rather 5 Super Bowls trophies and 3 loses than 4 Lombardis and no defeats.

I can't believe the polls. This helps his career. Just getting to the Super Bowl for the 8th time is a monumental achievement that probably will never be replicated. And the game he had was one of the best games he has ever had. The dude threw over 500 yards, no picks, and three touchdowns. This loss is NOT on Tom Brady. In fact, he had a magnificent game. The Eagles defense has been quite good all year and he shredded them. 

7 minutes ago, Phire said:

I can't believe the polls. This helps his career. Just getting to the Super Bowl for the 8th time is a monumental achievement that probably will never be replicated. And the game he had was one of the best games he has ever had. The dude threw over 500 yards, no picks, and three touchdowns. This loss is NOT on Tom Brady. In fact, he had a magnificent game. The Eagles defense has been quite good all year and he shredded them. 

Nah man, you see, not getting to the Super Bowl is much better than losing one when it comes to legacy and career performance. 

Archived