How does this SB effect Tom Brady's status of all time?

mdonnelly21

105 members have voted

1. 1. How did this SB Effect Tom Brady's Status

• It was a surplus to his career by a lot
    • It was surplus to his career by a little
    • It did not help or hurt
    • It hurt his career

Tom Brady made some great throws let me first say that.

He also made a lot of really bad throws. The accuracy that we have seen from him in the past just wasn't there.

Even then most of his great throws were to wide open receivers being poorly covered.

Having said that this doesn't effect him in a major negative way. It does more for the Eagles and Foles.

let's imagine that sack didn't happen. he would've added another 60-70 yards and would've had a chance to break 554 yards which stood for over 70 years i believe. 

and he had a chance to do that in the SB without his #1 vertical threat cooks.   it's mind boggling to me.  yes he made some bad throws.  but we are talking about the eagles here. this was no cleveland browns.

It should reinforce his status as the greatest. He lit up one of the best defenses in the league once again. If he was already the greatest, then throwing for 505 yards, 3 touchdowns, and no interceptions in the Super Bowl should only support that.

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Before this game the highest point total by a losing team in a Super Bowl was 31.

Thanks that helps make my point. I will say i am a fairly big Brady/Patriot hater but Brady is still the GOAT. He put up crazy numbers while his best WR was out early too and on a good Eagle D

Archived