2017 Rookie RB Class

eagles18

2017 Rookie RBs  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will end up having the most success?

• Alvin Kamara
    • Kareem Hunt
    • Leonard Fournette
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Corey Clement
    • Joe Mixon
    • Christian McCaffrey

11 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Pretty high to be picking a slot WR or nah? But no because you're going to say he brings much more and mismatch nightmare and is Cam's safety valve. 

We can argue whether he was picked a little high, but it’s been one year with a bad OC they’ve thankfully dumped. Despite that, he still put up some good numbers and clearly had an impact on the offense. So yeah, saying the Panthers whiffed at this point is asinine.

30 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I really like Alvin, But he's like one of those dudes that is super fragile or a hit away from being hurt. But he's so special. I'll deff take him in a heart beat. Dude is amazing.

Huh? How is he super fragile? Other than getting speared in the side of the head in the first Falcon's game for a concussion..... He didn't miss time.

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

He missed 3 games.

Hunt played 16

Kamara played 16

Mixon played in 14

Tarik Played in 16

Christian Mccaffrey played in 16

Fournette: 562 offensive snaps, 304 offensive touches (268 rushes, 36 catches).

Kamara: 466 offensive snaps, 201 offensive touches (120 rushes, 81 catches).

Hunt: 665 offensive snaps, 324 offensive touches (272 rushes, 52 catches).

McCaffrey: 746 offensive snaps, 197 touches (117 rushes, 80 catches).

Mixon: 385 offensive snaps, 208 offensive touches (178 rushes, 30 catches). 

Cohen: 360 offensive snaps, 140 offensive touches (87 rushes, 53 catches). 

Hunt’s the only one that touched the ball more than Fournette and even with his missed games, he still had more snaps than all but Hunt/McCaffrey.

4 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Huh? How is he super fragile? Other than getting speared in the side of the head in the first Falcon's game for a concussion..... He didn't miss time.

Because he's slim.. But he's slippery so that hit may never come. I just feel he's one bad hit away from missing time because of his small frame. 

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Because he's slim.. But he's slippery so that hit may never come. I just feel he's one bad hit away from missing time because of his small frame. 

I don't think he's that small. He's built pretty well. He's 1 inch shorter and 1 pound lighter than Kareem Hunt.

22 hours ago, El ramster said:

C'mon man! Isn't every guy in the NFL "one bad hit away" from missing time?! LOL

I’m worried about Fournettes lower leg injuries. Sometimes being bigger just makes you easier to hit. McCoy, LT, and Faulk are all smaller backs that were tough to get a clean hit on and were very durable. I think that Hunt, Kamara, and Cook will be fine. McCaffrey is smallish but I don’t think the Panthers intend on using him 25 times a game. 

think mccaffery should make the full time switch to receiver bc he's a very very good receiver, and can also be used out of the backfield on occasion on trick plays or variation plays: if carolina could add an early down thumper in the mould of a fournette they would have an insane offense, and with the added benefit of not needing cam to slaughter himself on short yardage downs

the answer here is kamara bc he's the most skilful, multi talented of the lot and he's got something of a je ne sais quoi that the others don't 

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

@Shady Slim I think Kamara looks more explosive thn Mac and more power. Mac might have better hands nad moves. 

yeah exactly i think kamara has more big play ability and the ability to be a more consistent threat on the ground which is why you keep him where he is and split him out occasionally, whereas mccaffery has that sweet short area quickness that would be a huge lethal weapon on short crossing routes and zigs out of the slot, think he's got a real ability to beat the first man while split out wide

i get they're both white and it's kind of a lazy comparison as such to pull but i do think mccaffery could be a better edelman style player - and that's not to say he's gonna be the next julian edelman - bc there is only one edelman and that's edelman - but out of the slot just being shifty and such

Archived