2017 Rookie RB Class

eagles18

2017 Rookie RBs  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will end up having the most success?

• Alvin Kamara
    • Kareem Hunt
    • Leonard Fournette
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Corey Clement
    • Joe Mixon
    • Christian McCaffrey

47 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Kamara never had more than 12 carries in a game this past season?

I didn’t know that. I wish we could see what he could do with 15-20 carries a game. 

Well he is kind of a hybrid scat back (if that makes sense) so naturally he isn't going to see 15-20 carries a game. Think Darren Sproles.

I go with Fournette for brightest "peak".  But that sort of style is bound to take its toll on the body and as much of a fan as i am, i don't expect him to "outlast" a lot of these other backs.  A guy like Kamara will probably continue to find success later into his career due to his ability to make yards in less physically punishing ways...but will hold him back in my eyes in terms of "peak effectiveness" as a runningback.

Such a great RB class. I’d be surprised if any of Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook, Mixon, Kamara, and Hunt are’nt big time producers for a while. You could make a case for all of them ending up being the best.

As a Vikings fan I’m not worried about Cooks ACL injury at all. DeFlip has already talked about how special he thinks Dalvin is. Excited to see him back next year.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Kamara never had more than 12 carries in a game this past season?

I didn’t know that. I wish we could see what he could do with 15-20 carries a game. 

People said the same thing about Kamara in college.  Then against Texas A&M as a junior he got 30 touches in a game and put up numbers not seen in college football in more than 20 years.

If Alvin Kamara was given a full work-load without a complimentary back he would put up '99 Marshall Faulk type numbers.  1,000+ yards rushing and 1,000+ yards receiving in the same season.

58 minutes ago, VanS said:

People said the same thing about Kamara in college.  Then against Texas A&M as a junior he got 30 touches in a game and put up numbers not seen in college football in more than 20 years.

If Alvin Kamara was given a full work-load without a complimentary back he would put up '99 Marshall Faulk type numbers.  1,000+ yards rushing and 1,000+ yards receiving in the same season.

But for how long? I think that’s the concern with RBs nowadays. If he has a season like that where he gets probably 350+ touches how will he come back from that the next year? Seems like a pattern of backs that get a ton of looks and fall off the next year. Bell being an exception 

Archived