Westworld (HBO)

cddolphin

On 3/31/2018 at 4:10 PM, skywindO2 said:

Season 1 just didn't end in a way that makes me think it can continue with the same allure. 

I guess I'm not too into an AI rights story and that seems to be the direction it'll go.

Yep I felt it went too fast getting to where it is now. Just doesn't seem like a story that can continue flowing naturally anymore

• 3 weeks later...

A few things brought up in the season opener that I found interesting include:

- Westworld (and the other parks) are based on a Chinese island leased by Delos
- Delos was collecting the DNA of guests, most likely without their knowledge
- how did Bernard get through the "DNA sensing" door if he is a host?
- Bernard was malfunctioning immediately post the massacre - what did he do to fix himself so that he is relatively functional when he is found ~2 weeks later

I feel like Im all over the place with Westworld right now. And this season opener didnt do much to help that. I dont need (or want) all the answers right now, but I really hope Ep2 grounds us some so we can start to get our barrings straight.

As a person who watches and rewatches, plus goes through a bunch of online recaps, if Im still feeling lost and confused, I cant imagine what more casual viewers are feeling like. If there isnt a reset quick, they could lose alot of people.

16 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

So there is like 4 different timelines overlapping right now right?

Most likely 3
- Bernard/Arnold talking to Dolores at the start
- immediately after the massacre that ended season 1, where Bernard is with Charlotte in the underground lab, and 
- approx 12 days after, where Floki and the QA/security guys are trying to find out what happened

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drd23 said:

I think that's happening concurrently to the Bernard/Charlotte story in the days after the massacre

Likely at the same time, but it will probably be treated as its own story that will lead somewhere completely different. And I think it will lead us to other flashbacks with Bill for a 4th Timeline