Westworld (HBO)

cddolphin

11 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Loved the episode just confused with the timelines.

This is how I feel also. We watch this before FtWD and since that had a major plot line destroyed, it overshadowed this show and my worthless drivel that should've come.This is still a very underrated show IMO. Once it all comes together, I'm sure it'll be grand. Personally, I don't like the idea of taking the hosts out of the park and making them slaves. I know they're not real but it is just weird to do that. 

12 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Loved the episode just confused with the timelines.

I felt that way a bit with Bernard, but I thought Dolores' were fairly straightforward: all the flashbacks were present linearly. Basically showed how Dolores was there every step of the way with the Delos investment, from the initial pitch to the "Man In Black" taking over control of the company. I liked that they fleshed out the background of Delos.

1 hour ago, Geek said:

I hope Teddy dies or has a mental breakdown or something. His character is as flat as an ironing board.

I think it'll be the bolded, seems like they're laying groundwork for a Dolores vs Teddy conflict. I'm all about it!

45 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

This season is totally crazy. I love it so much.

Yah surprised to see a downtick in interest online. I wonder how the #s are comparing to last season.

I really like Dolores last season, this season Dolores/Wyatt is even better.

I do think the mutliple timelines may be throwing people off, especially with Bernard, but I think it's a great plot device.. Bernard is in a sense operating "out of time", he's not real sure if the present moment he's experiencing is actually in the present or a memory. That uncertainty is extending a bit to the audience.

Anybody else getting the impression that hosts are being made to replace real people and are somehow passing the tests? We saw it in the first episode this season, Bernard passed a "scan" of some kind. I think the female executive (the black one) as well as the security officer (the white guy who was captured at the end of last season, but has re-appeared again so far without explanation) are both undercover hosts.

Edited by cddolphin

53 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

undercover hosts.

This has been something I've been thinking a lot about since Bernard's reveal. What was Ford's plan all along? One thing I loved about this episode is the fact that we're seeing so many different parks now. The Hunting Park (for lack of a proper name [unless it was said and I missed it]) and Shogun World. The ending of this was awesome. How will the hosts of different worlds interact w/ each other? Can we assume The Ghost Nation is a part of Westworld or is it another? Did they ever state that?

This show can be wildly confusing and I think that's why it's not more higher on my list of shows that I am infatuated w/. I love the show but it could be better.

As far as your ratings question, it seems as if it's higher for this season than last on Rotten Tomatoes. Viewership has been fairly consistent also.

I have a huge problem with how the park security team approached the fort. I mean walking slowly in the open shooting from your hip basically? Against guys with antiquated weapons but in defensive positions? Can we assume the security team was actually comprised of hosts? Because no way you get a human to meander through an open field to get shot by fortified defenses. It also seems so odd that they wouldn't have more advanced weaponry, machine guns or rockets to start with. There just isn't any scenario where they shouldn't have been able to easily wipe the floor with the confederatos.

More than anything the team walking in the open towards the fort, not even seeking cover or vantage points to return fire, it just really took me out of the episode for a bit. The whole battle scene was pretty poorly done IMO.

Everything else has been quite well done though and I love how much the show trusts its viewership to be inquisitive and intelligent in deciphering a lot of things.

5 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Anybody else getting the impression that hosts are being made to replace real people and are somehow passing the tests?

It was briefly mentioned in Alt Shift X's break down of the first episode this season that the sequel to the movie this show is based on is called FutureWorld.  Apparently the plot of which involves Delos building hosts that are copies of important guests (business leaders, politicians etc) and then replacing them in the real world for the benefit of the company.

This plot might be where Charlotte's storyline (seemingly secretly collecting DNA of guests from hosts, storing that info in Peter Abnernathy and then trying to sneak him out of the park complex) is going

3 hours ago, drd23 said:

It was briefly mentioned in Alt Shift X's break down of the first episode this season that the sequel to the movie this show is based on is called FutureWorld.  Apparently the plot of which involves Delos building hosts that are copies of important guests (business leaders, politicians etc) and then replacing them in the real world for the benefit of the company.

This plot might be where Charlotte's storyline (seemingly secretly collecting DNA of guests from hosts, storing that info in Peter Abnernathy and then trying to sneak him out of the park complex) is going

Alt Shift X breaks down this show also? Well damn, I know what I'm doing tomorrow at work. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by JTagg7754

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Alt Shift X breaks down this show also? Well damn, I know what I'm doing tomorrow at work. Thanks for the heads up!

Yep.  I think his first video on Westworld was for the trailer and he's doe ep 1 and 2 for this season so far. 

As with his GoT breakdowns, they don''t come out until Friday or so

• Like 1

Casual viewer checking in as this show is cool as hell but definitely tricky to follow. I thought I had the timeline piece figured out but I'm confused with William's character still. 

In the first season, there were two timelines. One in which he seemed to be experiencing the park for the first time/falling for Delores. One in which he was old, essentially living in the world trying to find the deeper meaning. 

Now in this season, the uprising happens and William is left to play the real game (timeline makes sense). There is the other one however where he is with Delores in the real world. This would have to be after his initial Westworld experience in season one correct? 

If that's the case we would have been exposed to five timelines? William's Westworld Intro, The Advancement of Delores in outside world, William Living in Westworld, Immediate after uprising, 12 days after uprising (which we seem to be less exposed to in last episode?). 

Also, my fiancé and I seemed to forget how all of the hosts have essentially been reprogrammed to rebel?