Westworld (HBO)

cddolphin

52 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

the worst part about this show is when I can't quite figure out what song they played the instrumental version of.

Just about lost it when I realized it was CREAM in today's episode

I didn't catch that!! I know in the beginning when they first got into town, they were playing Paint it Black but missed CREAM. I need to rewatch it now lol

EDIT: Nice find, Buckrock! LOL

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a20770720/westworld-wu-tang-clan-cream-listen/

Edited by JTagg7754

14 hours ago, Geek said:

Also, talk about Deus Ex Machina with Maeve's head voice. Like, come on. 

Kind of a big stumble for me but I suppose it's not the biggest leap from voice commands. She is a machine.. maybe this "waking up" is her discovering a way to broadcast commands via radio wave or bluetooth or the 8G network or whatever the hell.

Bernard mentioned in the first episode that the hosts have an in-built short range wireless communication system that is supposed to stop them from interacting with malfunctioning hosts - it is this system that she has presumably somehow accessed.

Given we know she's turn on for herself all the available functions, I don''t think its too far-fetched to think she could do i, or that the fact that she found out that the ability existed in a high-stress situation (just like she only found out that she could speak Japanese after Sizemore told her)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Bernard mentioned in the first episode that the hosts have an in-built short range wireless communication system that is supposed to stop them from interacting with malfunctioning hosts - it is this system that she has presumably somehow accessed.

You're right, to "update" each other on storylines so it doesn't break the plot of the park so to speak. That must be it.

21 hours ago, drd23 said:

Given we know she's turn on for herself all the available functions, I don''t think its too far-fetched to think she could do i, or that the fact that she found out that the ability existed in a high-stress situation (just like she only found out that she could speak Japanese after Sizemore told her)

Isn't it the same system Charlotte and Bernard used to find Peter Abernathy earlier this season?

So i agree. From everything we know so far it's plausible for Maeve to manipulate the other hosts via that system, probably until they have their full awakening.

22 hours ago, drd23 said:

This would make a lot of sense. Good catch.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

oh man, I was all messed up with the storylines until the end there. think I got it down now though.

boy that episode was crazy. and it's still behind the opening scene where Bernard wakes up on the beach.

damn this season is nuts

I wonder if Ford is still within Bernard at that point?

Edited by cddolphin

Just now, cddolphin said:

Ford Ford Ford****

yeah I'm pretty sure he does. when they're virtually waterboarding him (happens after the beach scene), I think they were saying that something in his head was fighting back, repairing itself. that's gotta be ford