Game of Thrones Creators to produce and write Star Wars Films

Acgott

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I guess at the same time that happens for any other franchise.  There's so much depth and versatility that Star Wars can produce that I can't see that being an issue.

Everything has fatigue at some point, Marvel being the exception since they know how to change it up and have more or less perfected the process at this point. Star Wars isn't close to that and probably never should considering Star Wars is considered way more special. 

If they can do it well then I don't think anyone would mind 2 star wars movies a year but I'd rather we get 1 per year so LucasFilm can get it right.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:
9 minutes ago, tab said:

dont much care for this idea

GoT is good because the books/characters are good. Not convinced these guys are particularly good at coming up with original content

They have lots of existing content to adapt/steal from.

Which is why The Old Republic is a popular theory for them

I'm curious what they'll be adapting since Rian Johnson will more than likely be doing something entirely new. This probably puts their "Confederate" series to bed for the next 6 years since they'll be busy with Star Wars assuming it doesn't flop. 

Say what you want about the later seasons of GOT but they should do well, though I do remember Benioff co-writing x-men origins wolverine....sooo....we'll see.

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Which is why The Old Republic is a popular theory for them

I'd rather have them come up with an original trilogy that takes place later in the universe that has an epic massive Earth-shattering twist.  I feel like any adaptation of Knights of the Old Republic would be ruined immediately due to that twist already being available to anyone that wants to look it up. 

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd rather have them come up with an original trilogy that takes place later in the universe that has an epic massive Earth-shattering twist.  I feel like any adaptation of Knights of the Old Republic would be ruined immediately due to that twist already being available to anyone that wants to look it up. 

I am thinking they take from the lore and maybe not do a heavy adaptation. There is a ton of Old Republic stories to do. 

On 2/6/2018 at 7:39 PM, sunnygsm said:

Already getting Star Wars fatigue from the idea of it. Not sure how excited about Benioff and Weiss either. GoT has fallen off since they ran out of source material. Guess we'll wait and see though. 

I thought last season was probably the worst for GOT, but I Thought the season before, particularly the last two episodes, was one of it's finest. Certainly been much more hit / miss since the source material ran out though. 

My problem is that it's Star Wars, which means that they are going to be hamstrung and constrained from doing certain things and I feel like Benioff and Weiss may be at their best when they aren't muted in some way, which I think they will be because of Disney. 

Archived