Should teams who lose coordinators to HC positions be compensated?

cconocool

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Nah.

But I 100% think that no coaches should be interviewed until that team is done playing for the season whether it's post week 17 or playoffs.

I agree. interviewing for a job during the playoffs just isn't right. But I'd prefer for all teams to not be able to make hiring decisions/formal interviews until after the playoffs unless a candidate is a free agent.

14 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I agree. interviewing for a job during the playoffs just isn't right. But I'd prefer for all teams to not be able to make hiring decisions/formal interviews until after the playoffs unless a candidate is a free agent.

Completely agree.

You can't talk to pending free agent players before a certain date and it should be the same for coaches.

13 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

That's the only thing that'd be acceptable. I don't think you can have a situation where coaches on non-playoff teams can all interview, but those in the playoffs can't interview at all.  Personally, I think the format right now is fine, but I think teams should have the ability to contingency hire those playoff coaches, because then they can settle down mentally, knowing full well what they are going to be doing after the season, not fretting about whether they are going to get the job or not.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, cconocool said:

Well, Gruden got traded for picks.

:)

But something like free agency compensation. 6th rounders. The team getting the coach wouldn't need to give up anything.

Gruden was a head coach and wasn't a free agent.  He was still under contract and making a lateral move.  That's far different that a coordinator leaving for a promotion, which Shurmur did.    

Archived