Is Bill Bellichick solely to blame for Patriots loss?

BayRaider

12 minutes ago, biletnikoff said:

I've been wrong on a few micro game predictions but not my macro league as entertainment fact.

. The league decides who wins every year.Only a fool believes a back up comes in the last 3 games to win the SB without extensive manipulation. 

Stop treating sports like a god and actually watch with open eyes.

Interesting. How do you think they do it? Do you think every player, coach, and ref is in on it? Or just as few as they need to get the result they want?

1 hour ago, Danger said:

You're wrong at every turn, yet you still hold onto your conspiracy theory.

does the biletnikoff character have any posts besides conspiracy theory's? Or how everyone on this world is blinded but he is our one true light?

I've never seen such a tin foil hat person around.

2 minutes ago, rrgm said:

does the biletnikoff character have any posts besides conspiracy theory's? Or how everyone on this world is blinded but he is our one true light?

I've never seen such a tin foil hat person around.

Im convinced he's just trolling at this point.

1 hour ago, biletnikoff said:

I've been wrong on a few micro game predictions but not my macro league as entertainment fact.

. The league decides who wins every year.Only a fool believes a back up comes in the last 3 games to win the SB without extensive manipulation. 

Stop treating sports like a god and actually watch with open eyes.

Image result for conspiracy theories

While the REAL Fred Biletnikoff spins in his grave..........

Image result for fred biletnikoff

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

- Worst Defense he has ever fielded as the Patriors head coach. Probably a lot due to letting players walk, trading them. It was actually quite odd seeing the Pats give up so many points every game this year. 

- Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia both did a fantastic job this season and are now both Head Coaches. So they are not to blame. 

- Tom Brady had one of the greatest Super Bowl QB Performances ever. Probably would of been the greatest but without the fumble. But still Top 5. 

- He benched Malcolm Butler. This game would of been closer with Butler in the game. 3 points or less. Pats perhaps could of even won IMO. 

Even though the Pats were 13-3, they weren't very dominant this year. 11 wins topps if played in the NFC IMO. 

maybe their D wasn't great this year, but they didn't give up a lot of points...they finished top 5 in the NFL in points against.

- Worst Defense he has ever fielded as the Patriors head coach. Probably a lot due to letting players walk, trading them.

I mean, maybe? Or, maybe due to losing their best defensive player to injury this year? Not having high end picks to re-stock? Losing one of the few picks they had this year to a knee injury? It's not one specific thing.

It was actually quite odd seeing the Pats give up so many points every game this year. 

5th in PPG...

- Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia both did a fantastic job this season and are now both Head Coaches. So they are not to blame. 

Patricia and McDaniels are HCs, therefore blameless.

Belichick is a HC. It's solely his fault?

Sound logic...just because they were HC candidates this season, doesn't make them completely blameless. I don't see how you can, in any circumstance, say that the DC of a team that gave up 40+ points and 500+ yards is completely faultless in the performance. He even calls the D. 

- Tom Brady had one of the greatest Super Bowl QB Performances ever. Probably would of been the greatest but without the fumble. But still Top 5. 

Yeah, loss wasn't really on him - strip sack withstanding.

- He benched Malcolm Butler. This game would of been closer with Butler in the game. 3 points or less. Pats perhaps could of even won IMO. 

Would have been*

But again, maybe. Maybe not. If we're just assuming the game plan is exactly the same with Butler in (it likely wouldn't be) then it's not like he doesn't get beat by Jeffery. He's always struggled with the bigger WRs. He also struggled with quicker ones this year too (See: Denver Broncos). He struggled this year overall.

I can see Belichick putting a guy just getting over the flu on the bench for a guy who had a good week of practice - a guy who is a more physical DB and can help out in the run game/tackling. It may have hurt the outcome of the game, but we won't ever exactly know that, will we?

Even though the Pats were 13-3, they weren't very dominant this year. 11 wins topps if played in the NFC IMO. 

So, is that "solely" Belichick's fault too?

No single person is at fault here. Not Mason, who gave up the sack (IIRC). Not Brady, who fumbled it away. Not McCourty, who let Ertz into the end zone. Not Rowe, who gave up the TD to Jeffery. Not Flowers, who gave up the long TD to Clement. Not Patricia, for not coming up with a better plan on D. Not McDaniels, for showing - once again - an inconsistent red zone offense. And not Belichick, for any of the things you tried to mention. 

No.  Bill isn't the one who missed a bunch of tackles, or blew his coverage over and over again.  You can criticize him for Butler, which nobody really knows what was going on there, but other than that he played every card he had and the defense was garbage. 

Not saying it was his best coaching job, but the job he did just to get that far with that little talent on defense and all the injuries was remarkable as always and he deserves a ton of credit for that.

Yes, because of the Malcolm Butler benching.

That weak Patriots defense could not afford to lose butler and be told of this moments before kickoff. I am sure that with him they get at least one additional 3rd or 4th down stop, which was all they needed to win.

There was also problems with special teams and decisions (not going on 4th down).

Tom Brady has zero fault in this one, even with the fumble and the dropped reception. His unbeliable performance the rest of the game more than compensated any of this. The Patriots stayed in this game only because Tom scored TDs drive after drive after drive in the 2nd half. One punt and the game would be out of reach.

Archived