Josh McDaniels Decides to Stay with New England

WeaponX

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol.  Patriots fans just literally tried excusing Josh's decision by saying McDaniels didn't want to move his family.  He went through the interview process, accepted the job, hired assistants and then he was like, "Holy ****, Jim!  I just realized I'm gonna have to move my family!  Sorry, I can't take the job!"

Rumor has it he realized he was going to be working for Irsay and then called Kraft to figure out a way to stay.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You weren't pointing to hypocrisy. Both McDaniels and Irsay can be pieces of crap. They're not mutually exclusive. Criticizing McDaniels for being a piece of crap isn't hypocrisy when he acted like a piece of crap. You'd have to show that people here don't criticize Irsay when he acts like a piece of crap. Good luck with that.

I didn't say they weren't. It was slimy that McDaniels backed out of the job. And I'm glad he did it, because it screws over a horrible organization with horrible ownership. Move along now.

Edited by childofpudding

Blah blah blah he screwed the Colts.  You know what if Irsay didn’t like him he’d drop him like a bad habit without warning just like every other coach in the league would be. Nobody owes anybody anything until the inks dry. That’s life. Verbally agree to an offer and a better offer comes (dealing with that right now) you look out for yourself first. They aren’t looking out for you.

Josh doesn’t have to worry. He knows the gig. He hurt his rep interviewing. He has to own that. 

Kraft probably sold him on a succession plan. He’s fine.  If they screw him, you all can say he got what he deserves. If he fails as a HC there, same thing.  If he succeeds he never has to worry about it. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's in Kraft's best interest to hire a good/great coach. McDaniels isn't that.

Eh Kraft clearly disagrees. 

I've been a big McDaniels critic for his playcalling going back a decade, and he obviously bombed in Denver, but a lot of good coaches bomb at their first job.  He does an unbelievable job preparing his team week in and week out to attack the opposing defense and seems to have a lot of respect from the players.  He understands the Patriots culture as well as anyone.  I have no problem with him getting a shot.

Just now, Starless said:

Shedding tears for a billionaire is never a good choice.

Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with Irsay's money, Irsay's past, Irsay's character, Irsay's dad, what Irsay ate for breakfast, how long Irsay's last bowel movement was, the color of Irsay's urine, Irsay's BMI, or literally anything else about Irsay. 

This has to do with how Josh McDaniels pulled out of a commitment to a team and also to people he told he was going to Indy.

Literally the only people worth shedding tears for in this situation are the assistants who signed on with the Colts under the impression that they would be working for Josh McDaniels. Instead, they are now tied to an organization that has to hire a head coach that can fit them in their staffs. And these are people that might not be scheme fits or people who would be the new hire's first choice. On top of all this, these people just moved their lives and families if they have them. 

• Like 6

Just now, childofpudding said:

I didn't say they weren't. It was slimy that McDaniels backed out of the job. And I'm glad he did it, because it screws over a horrible organization. Move along now.

It'll also screw over your organization in the end. On second thought, good boy, McGenious. This is a win-win.

Just now, RollEagles said:

Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with Irsay's money, Irsay's past, Irsay's character, Irsay's dad, what Irsay ate for breakfast, how long Irsay's last bowel movement was, the color of Irsay's urine, Irsay's BMI, or literally anything else about Irsay. 

This has to do with how Josh McDaniels pulled out of a commitment to a team and also to people he told he was going to Indy.

Literally the only people worth shedding tears for in this situation are the assistants who signed on with the Colts under the impression that they would be working for Josh McDaniels. Instead, they are now tied to an organization that has to hire a head coach that can fit them in their staffs. And these are people that might not be scheme fits or people who would be the new hire's first choice. On top of all this, these people just moved their lives and families if they have them. 

Hey, do you see me defending McDaniels?