Josh McDaniels Decides to Stay with New England

WeaponX

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Either Andrew Luck’s shoulder is still awful, or he has a shot a taking over for Bill and soon. Gunna be interesting finding out which it is. 

Can't see it being anything to do with Luck. He'd agreed to take the job earlier in the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

What a sack of ****!   I wasnt too thrilled with the hire in the first place, but this throws a huge wrench in the plans.  I have no idea what Ballard is going to do now.

I cant believe hes allowed to string a team along to the point of announcing a time for his introductory press conference, then back out.  Has to be some sort ot rule against that, eh?

Um, no.  This isn't indenture servituded here.  Until the contract is executed he owes the Colts nothing more than a phone call or a meeting in-person to decline.

Business is cutthroat, not sure why people thought the NFL would be any different that a handshake agreement was bond.  He wasn't eligible to sign a new contract so long as his current team's season was still going; and in the interim his current employer made a counter-offer that he found to be more favorable.  Welcome to business.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Um, no.  This isn't indenture servituded here.  Until the contract is executed he owes the Colts nothing more than a phone call or a meeting in-person to decline.

Business is cutthroat, not sure why people thought the NFL would be any different that a handshake agreement was bond.  He wasn't eligible to sign a new contract so long as his current team's season was still going; and in the interim his current employer made a counter-offer that he found to be more favorable.  Welcome to business.

I wasnt serious with that part. 

Just now, The LBC said:

Correct. Its why the only ones I feel sorry for are the assistants who were already hired (and their families).

Josh will have to deal with any negative consequences from other owners as a result. But unless its in writing, its still in play. 

And yes, I have had a current employer offer me enough to stay and did back out of the new offer. Its business

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Correct. Its why the only ones I feel sorry for are the assistants who were already hired (and their families).

Josh will have to deal with any negative consequences from other owners as a result. But unless its in writing, its still in play. 

And yes, I have had a current employer offer me enough to stay and did back out of the new offer. Its business

I've watched it happen myself too.  Not in my job, but my brother is rather high up in an executive-placement staffing firm and it's something they run into all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Absolutely. Nothing much more we can do apart from move on and find another suitable candidate.

• Like 1

Just now, bananabucket said:

And which paper told you this?

So am I, dip****.  This tells me all I need to know about you.

OK? He was convicted for a DUI. When you do that, your disease puts other people's lives at risk. I don't respect that and never will.

Google "Kimberly Wundrum." Not much else to say. He's not a good human being.

Just now, PFM18 said:

Absolutely. Nothing much more we can do apart from move on and find another suitable candidate.

Yup. You guys will be fine. You might find someone that everyone overlooked. Not many thought some offensive assistant named Joe Gibbs would amount to anything in the early 80's either.

1 minute ago, PFM18 said:

And realistically, unless he was bringing in guys from outside the NFL, most of those assistants that he was projecting to hire or linked to aren't going to have a hard time finding jobs if they're worth the hype.  The NFL is nothing if not a highly-regular exercise in nepotism and facilitating the good ol' boys club.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bananabucket said:

One more reason to detest those cheating pieces of garbage :)

11 hours ago, bananabucket said:

2) Pats fans, and Boston sports fans in general, are a bunch of douchebags.  

11 hours ago, bananabucket said:

So am I, dip****. 

All these personal attacks. I'm sure bananabucket will get a specific warning in this thread just like I did.

Oh, he didn't?

This is my shocked face.

LOL.

Edited by childofpudding
  • Like 1