Josh McDaniels Decides to Stay with New England

WeaponX

50 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Why would Flip go somewhere he can't even choose his defensive coordinator though? I think the job is just rotten now. Luck can't throw. A defensive coordinator forced on you. Just a terrible spot.

I'm pretty sure the colts would let the assistants out of their contracts or the new HC would just straight up "fire" them because of what happened.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

those are guaranteed contracts 

So? It's not like the new HC can't just fire them and the colts eat their salary/ they mutually agree to part ways because of the McDaniels nonsense. 

Pretty sure the colts when they hire their new HC will ask each of them if they want to stay on. 

3 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

So? It's not like the new HC can't just fire them and the colts eat their salary/ they mutually agree to part ways because of the McDaniels nonsense. 

Pretty sure the colts when they hire their new HC will ask each of them if they want to stay on. 

They already said the DC and Dline coach are staying. 

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Why would Flip go somewhere he can't even choose his defensive coordinator though? I think the job is just rotten now. Luck can't throw. A defensive coordinator forced on you. Just a terrible spot.

I am sure you could get a new dc if you want year 2. 

You up probably right though. Really I am singing the praises of flip.

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

It's possible that Flip is okay with Eberflus. The Cowboys were certainly high on him, reportedly they offered him Marinelli's job to stay but he chose the Colts.

Taking a better offer before you sign your contract is a reasonable thing to do.

Misleading three other coaches, letting them sign contracts, making them move their families to Indy for what will likely be just one year (I'm sure the new HC will want his own guys sooner rather than later), not informing Indy you weren't taking the job after all, letting them announce the hiring.. this isn't a mid-level manager at Best Buy. You are 1 of 32 qualified individuals, and you waited until all the other positions had been filled before backing out like a puss.

Anybody defending this guy is either 1) biased or 2) an immoral person

• Like 8

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Taking a better offer before you sign your contract is a reasonable thing to do.

Misleading three other coaches, letting them sign contracts, making them move their families to Indy for what will likely be just one year (I'm sure the new HC will want his own guys sooner rather than later), not informing Indy you weren't taking the job after all, letting them announce the hiring.. this isn't a mid-level manager at Best Buy. You are 1 of 32 qualified individuals, and you waited until all the other positions had been filled before backing out like a puss.

Anybody defending this guy is either 1) biased or 2) an immoral person

lol

Edited by childofpudding

Just now, childofpudding said:

lol

He's got two likes on his comment because he actually provided a comment worth reading and worth typing.  You aren't going to get any likes because nobody likes what you have to say even when you say something.  Actually, three likes because I just liked it because that one comment of his showed more thought than anything you've provided on this site. 

30 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

He's got two likes on his comment because he actually provided a comment worth reading and worth typing.  You aren't going to get any likes because nobody likes what you have to say even when you say something.  Actually, three likes because I just liked it because that one comment of his showed more thought than anything you've provided on this site. 

lol