Josh McDaniels Decides to Stay with New England

WeaponX

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Interviews? I had already worked a full week. A job is a job. A job doesn't define a person is my point. 

A job doesn't define a person. True. 

But this decision McDaniels made and how he absolutely played the Colts says a lot about a person. 

Literally no one will interview Josh McDaniels for a head coaching job ever again besides for maybe the Patriots if they did in fact promise him the job after Bill retires.

Just now, stallyns said:

Keep in mind, we signed a few of his assistants to contracts already. They are probably not going to be sticking around when the new head coach is hired. 

Are they confirmed signed? Or was it reported that they were going to sign a deal, but haven't actually done so yet?

Just now, childofpudding said:

So, who really cares? One decided to stay in NE in part so he wouldn't have to move his family. The other got arrested on a DUI and with hookers.

Glad to see McDaniels stayed away from that Dumpster fire in Indy. Luck would be smart to get the hell out of there too.

If this was truly the decision, he should have never told Indy he was going to take the job weeks ago. 

And that way, Indy would have been able to interview other top candidates before all the other jobs were filled.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Belichick chose a different NFL HC job. It was his second go-around. Belichick knew that he wasn't getting a third chance, so it didn't really matter for him.

This is also McDaniels second go-around, Denver was a complete dumpster fire, and if he blows it again that might be it.  So very similar spot tbh.

My guess is they told him he could take over for Bill whenever Bill decides he's done and until then he could keep working with his buddy Tom and be the highest paid coordinator in the NFL.  Not a bad gig.  He's only 41 remember, so even if Bill coaches 3-4 more years, McDaniels will be one of the younger head coaches in the league and stepping into one of the most desirable jobs in football, stable organization, great owner, and have the next few years to groom Brady's successor. 

2 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

A job doesn't define a person. True. 

But this decision McDaniels made and how he absolutely played the Colts says a lot about a person. 

Literally no one will interview Josh McDaniels for a head coaching job ever again besides for maybe the Patriots if they did in fact promise him the job after Bill retires.

Snitches get stitches.

Just now, mission27 said:

This is also McDaniels second go-around, Denver was a complete dumpster fire, and if he blows it again that might be it.  So very similar spot tbh.

My guess is they told him he could take over for Bill whenever Bill decides he's done and until then he could keep working with his buddy Tom and be the highest paid coordinator in the NFL.  Not a bad gig.  He's only 41 remember, so even if Bill coaches 3-4 more years, McDaniels will be one of the younger head coaches in the league and stepping into one of the most desirable jobs in football, stable organization, great owner, and have the next few years to groom Brady's successor. 

That's the point. He's not getting a HC job in NE yet. There's always a chance that they don't follow through with him. The Colts were a nice situation if Luck plays.

Just now, RollEagles said:

If this was truly the decision, he should have never told Indy he was going to take the job weeks ago. 

And that way, Indy would have been able to interview other top candidates before all the other jobs were filled.

Who cares. No one wants to settle in Naptown. It's place you return to if you grew up there, or if you got stuck there because of a job relocation.

I'm glad he did Irsay dirty. Irsay is a complete piece of **** who did Manning dirty and has put other people's lives in danger with his criminal antics. He should have been stripped of ownership years ago. I don't believe in karma, but if I did, this would be exhibit #1.