Josh McDaniels Decides to Stay with New England

WeaponX

I know everyone is assuming this is because of Belichick, but what about Andrew Luck?

There were reports that some in the organization feared he would never play again. Maybe this got to McDaniels’ camp?

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol.  Patriots fans just literally tried excusing Josh's decision by saying McDaniels didn't want to move his family.  He went through the interview process, accepted the job, hired assistants and then he was like, "Holy ****, Jim!  I just realized I'm gonna have to move my family!  Sorry, I can't take the job!"

Yeah that's just typical fan BS. This looks horrible no matter what spin you put on it. 

Just now, iPwn said:

I know everyone is assuming this is because of Belichick, but what about Andrew Luck?

There were reports that some in the organization feared he would never play again. Maybe this got to McDaniels’ camp?

Possible. But probably not a reason for him to withdraw from the job at this stage.

Just now, childofpudding said:

You're the one on your moral high horse. I'm just pointing to the clear-cut hypocrisy. Apologies if that ruins your narrative.

Moral high horse? No. Just talking about McDaniels doing a bad thing.

That can happen independent of Irsay and "karma". 

Imagine in a couple years. Belichick retires. McDaniels is announced to take over. 2 weeks later, Brady announces his retirement. McDaniels then backs out and takes a job with Indy. Poster X comes in and says, who cares if McDaniels did the Pats dirty, Kraft is a cheater and it's just karma. 

41 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Kraft better have promised him the job whenever Belichick steps away. Because the guy is never getting another HC interview from another NFL team ever again.

This is EXACTLY my first thought. I was thinking that the breakup in NE is gonna come quicker than people may have anticipated and Josh was assured he would be the HC soon.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If true NFL needs to take a future first round pick for neglecting to follow the Rooney Rule.

That actually doesn’t violate the Rooney Rule, when the Colts named Jim Caldwell as Tony Dungy’s successor they announced Dungy was retiring and Caldwell was his successor so they didn’t have to interview any other candidates 

1 minute ago, childofpudding said:

You're the one on your moral high horse. I'm just pointing to the clear-cut hypocrisy. Apologies if that ruins your narrative.

You weren't pointing to hypocrisy. Both McDaniels and Irsay can be pieces of crap. They're not mutually exclusive. Criticizing McDaniels for being a piece of crap isn't hypocrisy when he acted like a piece of crap. You'd have to show that people here don't criticize Irsay when he acts like a piece of crap. Good luck with that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

That's been an old report though. Unless he got something back in the days since the SB that suggested it was more likely than previously thought, but that seems unlikely

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Because the report is that Kraft made the pitch to McD to stay.

Just now, Forge said:

That's been an old report though. Unless he got something back in the days since the SB that suggested it was more likely than previously thought, but that seems unlikely

He accepted the job this morning. I highly doubt Luck's status changed between the morning and afternoon.